• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Iron Rig
    • Oct 2015
    • Perth

Ultragauge MX 1.3 - How to set-up M Gauge for Auto Temps using M Gauge

Here are the correct codes (for the PC Challenger):
    This is to set-up the Auto Temp reading in the Ultragauge unit in one of the M Gauges. I looked through a lot of posts trying to find them, but there were only photobucket links which are now broken.

TData 07E12102000000
    TCtrl 92
    RCtrl 10
    RPos 1008
    MTch 210000
    X:0001 / :0001 +:FFD8
    Out Format : 00
    Ave : 00
    Left/Right 31 (or 30 without decimal point)

Regards,
    Dave.
  • Iron Rig
    • Oct 2015
    • Perth

Photo of screen/ readings
    Attached Files

Comment

• CC2005
      • Sep 2011
      • Mornington Peninsula

Hi, Iron Rig

How is the Ultragauge MX 1.3 going. There is a little bit of chatter here, about the suitability for the Challenger. Are you having any compatibility issues?

I am looking at getting something soon.

Cheers.
      PB MY11 LS 4D56 - auto, with stuff.

Comment

• Iron Rig
        • Oct 2015
        • Perth

Yes, all good mate and works a treat. Worth the money!

Comment

• Redtag
          • Aug 2015
          • Adelaide

This is to set-up the Auto Temp reading in the Ultragauge unit in one of the M Gauges. I looked through a lot of posts trying to find them, but there were only photobucket links which are now broken.

TData 07E12102000000
          TCtrl 92
          RCtrl 10
          RPos 1008
          MTch 210000

Regards,
          Dave.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this information Dave, I was able to use your guide to set up an Autotrans temperature gauge on my Ultragauge Blue. Works like a charm. I gather you can also use FFD0, which reads another part of the autotrans.
          Thanks for all the help.
          Redtag
          Charcoal PB auto, 2012. Pretty bog standard at the moment - nudge bar and IPF HID driving lights (bodgy retrofit by previous owner!), factory rear difflockt, Bushkins for intercooler and front diff, Toyo OPAT 265/65/R17 LT, profile bars and Oztrail awning, Ultragauge Blue, EGR plug n'play, Automate and paddles.

Comment

• CC2005
            • Sep 2011
            • Mornington Peninsula

Originally posted by Iron Rig View Post
            Yes, all good mate and works a treat. Worth the money!
            Thanks & Cheers
            PB MY11 LS 4D56 - auto, with stuff.

Comment

• Redtag
              • Aug 2015
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Redtag View Post

TData 07E12102000000
              TCtrl 92
              RCtrl 10
              RPos 1008
              MTch 210000

Regards,
              Dave.
              Thanks for this information Dave, I was able to use your guide to set up an Autotrans temperature gauge on my Ultragauge Blue. Works like a charm. I gather you can also use FFD0, which reads another part of the autotrans.
              Thanks for all the help.
              Redtag
              Hi all, Ignore what I said above!!! I remember reading somewhere that it was possible to read a sensor on the autotrans and one on the autotrans fluid line (the latter probably being a better sensor to monitor). When you use FFD0 instead of FFD8 all it does is reduce the readout by 8 degrees. Does anyone know if there even ARE two autotrans temperature sensors or just the one?
              Redtag
              Charcoal PB auto, 2012. Pretty bog standard at the moment - nudge bar and IPF HID driving lights (bodgy retrofit by previous owner!), factory rear difflockt, Bushkins for intercooler and front diff, Toyo OPAT 265/65/R17 LT, profile bars and Oztrail awning, Ultragauge Blue, EGR plug n'play, Automate and paddles.

Comment

• old Jack
                Regular
                • Jun 2011
                • Adelaide, South Australia.

Thanks for all the help.
                Redtag
                Hi all, Ignore what I said above!!! I remember reading somewhere that it was possible to read a sensor on the autotrans and one on the autotrans fluid line (the latter probably being a better sensor to monitor). When you use FFD0 instead of FFD8 all it does is reduce the readout by 8 degrees. Does anyone know if there even ARE two autotrans temperature sensors or just the one?
                Redtag
                Yes 2 temperature sensors are fitted.

OJ.
                2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Redtag
                  • Aug 2015
                  • Adelaide

OK, thanks OJ, in that case, which temperature read-out relates to the code given above and is there a better choice of sensor for monitoring the ATF temperature?
                  regards
                  Redtag

Comment

• old Jack
                    Regular
                    • Jun 2011
                    • Adelaide, South Australia.

OK, thanks OJ, in that case, which temperature read-out relates to the code given above and is there a better choice of sensor for monitoring the ATF temperature?
                    regards
                    Redtag
                    Sorry Redtag, I gave you the wrong info.
                    The Jatco auto in the Challenger has only 1 temp sensor for the ATF, it is the Pajero Sport and Pajero late NT, NW & NX with the Aisin auto that has the 2 temp sensors.

OJ.
                    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• m_and_m
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2010
                      • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

The Jatco in the Challengers reads the oil temperature in the ‘pan’. Ie the big reservoir . The AISIN in the Gen4 Paj has 2 sensors. One for the ‘pan’ and one for the ‘pipe’. The ‘pipe’ is at the outlet of the torque converter.
                      I monitor both in my Pajero NX
                      The pipe temp is significantly higher than the pan temp when the torque converter is slipping a lot. Like 15-20 degrees. That’s why locking the torque converter (to prevent slipping) stops the transmission from getting too hot.

In the challenger the transmission temp varies slowly because the hotter oil from the torque converter mixes with the pan oil, and it is the pan oil temp it’s reading.

Best to monitor the pipe temp if you can, because the oil breaks down according to temperature. Above about 125 degC ‘pipe’ you want to avoid.
                      If you measure ‘pan’ temp like in the challenger you want to drop this to about 110.
                      2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
                      2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
                      Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• Redtag
                        • Aug 2015
                        • Adelaide

Thanks folks, no need for me to set up a new sensor. Thanks for the info regarding fluid upper temp range.
                        Redtag

Comment

• Flying
                          • Jul 2016
                          • Sydney

Can anyone advise what the pipe temp sensor code is? I'm using for PS but the codes noted for the pan seem to work.
                          White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.

Comment

• juano86
                            • Aug 2015
                            • Brisbane QLD

Hey guys,

Awesome info here... I finally got around to getting an Ultragauge MX 1.4 its a cool bit of kit!
                            I successfully entered the codes in to get the AT temp gauge, but was wondering if anyone had codes to display info from the fuel tank sensor / sender or the ambient temp sensor? any other codes for gauges you know of that work would be greatly appreciated too!

Cheers!
                            2011 PB Challenger XLS Auto: 2" Lift, ECB Bullbar, Sliders, bushskinz, EGR Mod, Kumho MT51's 265/70/R17, Dual Batteries, AirTec Snorkel, Diff Breathers, Black Widow Drawers, 40lt Engel, Boab 40lt Water Tank & Pump, HID Spotties, UHF etc.

Comment

• grumpmeister
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2021
                              • Mt Burr SA

Bit of a late comer to this party here but, I'm just chatting with the agent in Melb (Precise Auto) re the MX1.4 for my MY15 NX, and he's telling me that the UG won't read the 2nd ATF pipe temp sensor but does the pan temp sensor straight out of the box ??

I am getting a bit here as this is mostly new ground for me and am not going to buy something that won't go the yards required. I have read Iron Rig posts so far and looks easy enough but still some conjecture over the 2nd sensor so far as I can see.

Also what mount did people use, seems that anything you need to mount it up os an extra cost at the price for the unit a mount should be part of the kit I would have thought. I would like the A pillar bracket but am concerned it will interfere with the airbag (I would disable and remove ALL airbags permanently if possible - I hate the things) and make the UG a missile in the unlikely event of a deployment, thoughts would be appreciated.
                              All the gear and some idea.....
                              MY15 NX GLS, AutoMate Pro, UltraGauge Mx1.4, Ironman Steel Bar, Kaon Intercooler & sump bashplates, Boos Rear bumper plate, KAON cargo barrier & shelf, Munji EGR delete cable, Provent catch can, Redarc BCDC 1220, 105a/Hr AGM 2nd battery, Snapshades (all rear glass) ........
                              Leave only footsteps & take only photographs

Leave the tracks & camps in better condition then you found them

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X