• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trevor Love
    • Aug 2016
    • Elizabeth East

finally going,but

well finally got my 6g74 3.5 DOHC NK running, turned out my issue was crank senor, have replace and put back together, cars been sitting for 8 months

started fine, little rough at first but settled down, idled for about 15min then stalled, now wont fire,
    but i have noticed that the top 4x4 lights are now flashing, does anyone know if this has a meaning?
  • Jim_James
    • Sep 2016
    • West Australia

Top 4x4 lights, as in the front wheel indicators?
    Pretty sure (could be wrong) that's just circumstantial until the engine can provide enough vacuum to disengage them. For example, my front wheel engagement lights often flash for a second or two after startup, so I'd imagine this would simply be a symptom of your engine not running.
    Last edited by Jim_James; 08-10-16, 07:29 PM.
    1999 NL GLX 4M40 5spd manual work hack/bush basher
    2009 NT GLX 4M41 5spd manual touring limo. ARB bar, LRA aux tank, Jaycar resistor EGR delete

Comment

• Murphysegg
      • Mar 2012
      • Adelaide

Might be a dumb suggestion but are you using fresh petrol ?

Comment

• Tuba
        • Feb 2015
        • Qld

Flashing 4WD lights is a common fault. Wont be effecting engine starting/running. Search Google for Pajero flashing 4WD lights and you will find heaps on it.

Check for fuel flow? Check spark? Check crank angle sensor, it might have come loose since you just changed it? As said fresh fuel? Fuel filter? Find out if its fuel or spark related then go from there.

Comment

• Trevor Love
          • Aug 2016
          • Elizabeth East

just checked and i have no spark at the spark plug

Comment

• Lazyc
            Valued Member
            • Feb 2011
            • Brisbane

Eng check light lights with key in run mode?

LC

Comment

• Trevor Love
              • Aug 2016
              • Elizabeth East

just checked code and its 22 crank angle sensor, how the f$#k can it be that again

Comment

• erad
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2015
                • Cooma NSW

Originally posted by Trevor Love View Post
                just checked code and its 22 crank angle sensor, how the f$#k can it be that again
                Did you remove the cam plate from the crankshaft? If so, you may have bent the plate and it has wiped/scrubbed the sensor out. That is what happened to me. A real pill...

Comment

• Trevor Love
                  • Aug 2016
                  • Elizabeth East

cheers Erad, when i pulled mine a part to repair head gasket, i found that 1 of the roll pins was broken so a local wrecker said that a magna 3.5 was the same and to swap the plates over, so how did you fix the issue with yours and make sure the plate is straight and set the gap?

Comment

• Just Cruzin
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2014
                    • Pakenham

cheers Erad, when i pulled mine a part to repair head gasket, i found that 1 of the roll pins was broken so a local wrecker said that a magna 3.5 was the same and to swap the plates over, so how did you fix the issue with yours and make sure the plate is straight and set the gap?
                    I would be double checking that, not all Magna parts are interchangeable even between the same engine family. The gap is preset by the plate and is not adjustable.
                    99 NL Exceed with air in tyres

Comment

• erad
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2015
                      • Cooma NSW

Ideally, you should get a new one. I am a tight arsed old B___d, and also it was a weekend and I live in a small country town, so I panel beated it back into shape. The metal is soft enough to easily do this. I had a flat surface and from memory, I sat the plate on a socket and slowly rotated it. Using a dial gauge, I could see the high and low areas, and bashed them into shape. Once fitted, it is almost impossible to check the clearances because the timing belt gets in the way, but I did have clearance. It was slightly uneven - more clearance at the rear of the plate than the front, but I had clearance and that was all I was after.

I would imagine that the Magna 3.5 would be the same plate, but no guarantees. A new plate should not be very expensive, and maybe this is the safest way to go with this job? Learn by the mistakes of others, because you will never live long enough to make them all yourself.

Comment

• Trevor Love
                        • Aug 2016
                        • Elizabeth East

only used the pulley from a magna not the plate, the plate is my original one

Comment

• erad
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2015
                          • Cooma NSW

Check the inside edges of the old Crank Angle Sensor. Look for scrape marks. If there are some, put the plate on a flat surface and check that it is flat. If it is flat, then maybe you were unlucky.

Comment

• Just Cruzin
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2014
                            • Pakenham

You missed the point, don't assume any Magna parts will just bolt on and work.
                            Did you check if the locating dowls were in the same location?
                            Mitsubishi couldn't even put the timing marks in the same location in a 6g74 in different model Pajeros.
                            99 NL Exceed with air in tyres

Comment

• Trevor Love
                              • Aug 2016
                              • Elizabeth East

Yes dowels in the same place and has the same number of teeth

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X