• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rayboy
    • Nov 2013
    • winchelsea

up grading towing weights on a np

can you upgrade the towing capacities of a np pajero from 2500kgs to 3000kgs .or is this just to hard to do
  • Bundyk
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2012
    • North Nowra

I reckon the biggest the biggest hurdle you will come across is finding someone to actually sign off on it.

You would need to change much I wouldn't think, possibly the only requirement would be to fit a Gen 4 brake system as a Gen 3 and a Gen 4 are much the same otherwise. Like I said though, finding an engineer that will sign it off will be the biggest challenge I think.
    Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

If you could find someone to sign off on it then I suspect the same reduction in tow ball weights would apply over 2500kg.

cheers, old Jack.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Shopping Trolley
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2013
        • Brisbane

Check for a thread by BobbyB in the Gen 3 section. He got an NM upgraded to 3000kg. From memory he got the tow bar strengthened by welding bar to it and there were a few comments about the quality of the weld. You could try putting a gen 4 tow bar on. Still needs to be engineered but you could get and increase GVM at the same time.
        2003 NP DiD Auto: 265/75R16 Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T, dual batteries, Kings Springs and Monroe Shocks, to do list that is more expensive than the truck

Comment

• rayboy
          • Nov 2013
          • winchelsea

thats what i was thinking along those lines to .i,ll have to find a engineer and have a talk about it.maybe places like a arb might be able to shread some light on it. looks like some home work to be done.thanks for the replys..

Comment

• Bundyk
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2012
            • North Nowra

Good luck with it, and keep us posted.
            Cheers, Bundy.

Currently: 2001 NM GLS MY2002 3.5 V6 Manual, Bullbar, GME TX3520, Falken Wildpeak A/T02 LT265/70/16, Pacemaker extractors, KYB Skorched 4's, Villain Lighting 22" lightbar, Bushskinz Front and sump guard, Pioneer 7" screen

Items to be fitted: ARB 2.5 x 2.1 awning.

Items to be purchased: Bushskinz- Gearbox/Transfer plates and sliders, Roof racks, Safari Snorkel, Lifted Springs, maybe more...

Comment

• GOSSAMER
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2008
              • doncaster east vic

Originally posted by rayboy View Post
              thats what i was thinking along those lines to .i,ll have to find a engineer and have a talk about it.maybe places like a arb might be able to shread some light on it. looks like some home work to be done.thanks for the replys..
              Dont bother with ARB go to your nearest engineer on the list in the attachment (click on step 1 and there is a link) and talk to them, it probably cheaper to buy a later model though
              Back from the Dark side
              NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• Gouldy
                • Feb 2012
                • Mackay

Towing capacity

My np had a slight rear ender and the panel beaters put a towbar from a new model Paj on it. It fits fine is pretty much identical. The new sticker on the towbar says it's rated to 3 tonne now.

Should have seen the argument I had with him about it as if something goes pear shaped and it's got over 2.5t on the back things could get interesting.

But you could prob get a engineer more on side of you use a towbar from a Ns, nt etc that's rated for 3 tonne.
                NP 04 GLX 3.2 DiD

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X