• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Fleet Guard Engine Oil Filter

Just serviced the Challenger with 5w 40 Full Syn Valvoline and fitted her with a new FleetGuard engine oil filter ..

First impressions ;

- bit more weight in the Fleet Guard engine oil filter
    - seems to have more internals (ie metal strainer) instead of the OEM hole void

On start up, after changing the oil and engine oil light going out, run for a while and checked for leaks .. all good .. then shut down ... checked oil level spot on ...

First start in the morning the usual engine oil light 4 secondish turn off has now been upgraded to a 2 secondish turn off ... (must be good for the motor I guess to see oil pressure light being a few seconds quicker to turn off) ...

One happy camper ...

NB Fleet Guard Engine oil filter, Air filter (with foam pre-filter) and Fuel filter in total came in at $79 delivered ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap
  • itsamitsi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2015
    • Hervey Bay Queensland

I changed mine out about 3 weeks ago with the same entire kit. Happy with the fuel and air but I've found the opposite actually. The oil light takes a lot longer to go out than when I use Delco or Baldwin filters. I am using the same oil I always use GW semi synth diesel. I was going to buy another kit but I'm having second thoughts now....
    Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• littleriver
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Queensland

Originally posted by itsamitsi View Post
      I changed mine out about 3 weeks ago with the same entire kit. Happy with the fuel and air but I've found the opposite actually. The oil light takes a lot longer to go out than when I use Delco or Baldwin filters. I am using the same oil I always use GW semi synth diesel. I was going to buy another kit but I'm having second thoughts now....
      what Viscosity oil are you using ? ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• itsamitsi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2015
        • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
        what Viscosity oil are you using ? ...

10W40. I like the oil, good stuff but the only difference is the FG filter. Baldwin and Delco filters the light goes off in a second or so but now it's like 3 to 4 seconds which isn't great... That's cold too, hot it's not bad.
        Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• littleriver
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2013
          • Queensland

hmmmm ... how many km's do you have (might be time for an engine flush) ... the 5w 40 seems to be good on cold starts ...

Our vehicle always seemed to be a bit on the lazy side regarding oil light turning off until now ... 70k km ...

Comment

• itsamitsi
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2015
            • Hervey Bay Queensland

85K but I won't use a flush. Don't like them. It's just the filter. I have 2 more Delco's here which I will go back to. I only bought the Fleetguard stuff as it was a kit thus a bit cheaper to buy. I might try a Donaldson kit the next time my fuel filter is due and see how their stuff is. Otherwise I'll just keep buying bits individually like I have been up until this point.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X