Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-3 Pajero

Generation 4-3 Pajero NW model 2011 - 2014

Old 07-08-18

Exclamation winch on alloy bar

Hay guys have anyone put a winch on a NW with factory alloy bar. what kind of cradle do I need. Any help much appreciated. or has anyone got a steel winch bar for sale.

Last edited by platnw2011; 08-08-18 at 12:04 AM.
Old 07-08-18
Valued Member

I got the factory alloy bar and was told there's no option for a winch on it. Didn't worry me, I didn't want one anyway.
2015 NX GLS, MM Lockup Mate. Factory alloy bar, Peders Springs & EFS Shocks, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with Toyo OPAT AT2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S. Infinity caravan and a TVan Firetail.
Old 08-08-18
Valued Member

I have the Mitsy steel bar on my NW. After a few camping/travelling events I thought maybe a winch would have been handy. Went to 3 engineering places but none of them wanted be involved because of airbag issues and adr rules. Went to arb...the turkey there had a look at my car and said that as I had the MM bar and they had cut the front bumper they would have to get a new front bumper, new bullbar and supply a warn winch. Reckoned $5000 would do it. I politely told him that we put a man on the moon 40+ years ago for half that price and left! I know a couple of years ago Sally on the forum had an engineer make up and install a bracket on her Pajero,s ally bar. If I ever do put one on I will buy a polly bar and runva 11000 winch to keep weight down as well.
Old 15-08-18
Valued Member

Have done this recently on an NS. There are 2 threads on here also - Sally had a mount done by an engineer and Jimbo built his own.

Threads are:
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=32126
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=32126

I looked at cradles for the factory bumper and ended up getting the N4 cradle (6PT1081) from Euro 4x4. Looking at their website it has gone up in price - I paid 220 Euro plus shipping. Some members had looked into this type of cradle and thought that the bullbar mounts may need cutting. We needed to cut a little off the inner mounts (each side has 2) however it wasn't much. We also needed to widen the bolt holes on the mount so I'll keep an eye on these. The cradle bolts to pre-existing threaded holes on the chassis rails.

I cut an access hole in the grille to access the clutch from the front and copied Jimbo's controller mount position, just need to pop the bonnet to plug in the controller or use the wireless controller which is easier.

I've had to winch up a track when I did a front CV in July and recovered a Patrol a couple of weeks ago that had slipped off the road in the snow - so it has passed the test.

Pic below of how it looks from the front - haven't replaced the rubbers on the bumper yet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Paj Snow.jpg (197.0 KB, 38 views)
07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates