Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 3 Pajero

Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Old 14-08-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicks747 View Post
May be of interest to some my PK ranger came with a screw jack. Similar to the Toyota ones I believe, very squat. I found it a pain in the backside to be honest and replaced with a kincrome bottle jack when I fitted bigger tyres. but those of you on the hunt for a screw jack it may be worth checking out the wrecking yards for ford ranger jacks.
Interested to know what in particular you found a PITA with your screw jack?
Was the shaft of handle was not long enough and or the length of the crank handle was too short?

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 14-08-18

The extension handle just tended to come apart at the join of the two rods. The tyre iron doubles as the crank handle so if you where rotating tyres it was a lot of back and forth. But mostly just slow. It wasn’t that bad really. If it wasn’t for the larger tyres I wouldn’t have changed it.
Old 14-08-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicks747 View Post
The extension handle just tended to come apart at the join of the two rods. The tyre iron doubles as the crank handle so if you where rotating tyres it was a lot of back and forth. But mostly just slow. It wasn’t that bad really. If it wasn’t for the larger tyres I wouldn’t have changed it.
I suspected as much.
I have a custom one piece crank handle, 1100mm long and 300mm crank offset so I am well clear of the vehicle when I am using it.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 14-08-18

Default 4 ton bottle jack

The jack I have min height 214 mm Max height 430 mm Height to lifting point 277 mm.
This gives you 63 mm for a flat tire. I have had the car for 11 years and never had a flat tire. I do plenty of off road work and have done about 135000 K in that time. Since the most likely time to get a flat would be off road, if it was an issue with clearance, I would drive on a rock or mound. Also remove at bit of dirt from under the jack as an option or jack from a higher point and pack as required. I still prefer this as it is safer jack with a larger base, higher lifting capacity, better lifting range & cheap.