• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m_and_m
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2010
    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
    How much we can improve the drive experience of the auto is unknown but I will push "m-&-m" to see what we can achieve.

OJ.
    No need to push me OJ
    Sorting out the challenger auto is on my to-do list starting in Feb.
    Just gotta get the Pajero one out there first.
    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• amec
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Wamberal

Watching with great interest. Happy to help if i can.

I like the car otherwise.

Id love a 79 series cruiser but my car plus $50k is a big ask.
      PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• BMChallenger
        • Jun 2012
        • Sunshine Coast, QLD

Originally posted by amec View Post
        Watching with great interest. Happy to help if i can.

I like the car otherwise.

Id love a 79 series cruiser but my car plus $50k is a big ask.
        Agreed that would be my ultimate vehicle, or a dodge 2500 with cummins 6.7 dizzle

But 50+k (or more ) is making my wallet cry a little
        2011 PB Challenger LS 5 seat charcoal grey - ARB bull bar, gme uhf, bushskinz underbody plates, ultimate HD 50mm lift, redarc tow pro, haymen reese tow bar, rhino rack platform, bridgestone d697 a/t tyres, custom built off-road tandem axle caravan!

Comment

• CC2005
          • Sep 2011
          • Mornington Peninsula

Hi OJ,

Are these still the up shift lock up patterns you are wanting?

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...=36892&page=10

I recall you were looking at a 2008 Pajero information at one stage. I believe you mentioned the Pajero shared the same Jatco trans and final drive ratios, are Pajero shift patterns also similar to your wants and needs, or are yours more custom tailored for the challenger?

Cheers
          PB MY11 LS 4D56 - auto, with stuff.

Comment

• old Jack
            Regular
            • Jun 2011
            • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by CC2005 View Post
            Hi OJ,

Are these still the up shift lock up patterns you are wanting?

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...=36892&page=10

I recall you were looking at a 2008 Pajero information at one stage. I believe you mentioned the Pajero shared the same Jatco trans and final drive ratios, are Pajero shift patterns also similar to your wants and needs, or are yours more custom tailored for the challenger?

Cheers
            Hi CC,

Unfortunately with the photobucket issue I cannot see what I posted in the linked thread. I will be finding my hard copy of this info, review and if I still think it is ok, then it will be the starting point for the MM4x4 program. Until we actually test and prove some parameters then they are just an educated guess.

Why do you ask?

With the MM4x4 program I believe we can only adjust the torque converter lockup and unlock points and not the gear up shift and downshift points. We may be able to lock 5th gear selection out below 70kph but I will need to talk to M&M about this.

OJ.
            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• m_and_m
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2010

OJ,
              I have two products.
              Lockup-mate just does the Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) locking automatically.
              Auto-mate will do TCC lockup AND trans shift points, so we can essentially reprogram the transmission to our liking. That’s the plan anyway.
              2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
              Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• nj swb
                Resident
                • Jun 2007
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                Unfortunately with the photobucket issue I cannot see what I posted in the linked thread.
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• BMChallenger
                  • Jun 2012
                  • Sunshine Coast, QLD

Originally posted by m_and_m View Post
                  OJ,
                  I have two products.
                  Lockup-mate just does the Torque Converter Clutch (TCC) locking automatically.
                  Auto-mate will do TCC lockup AND trans shift points, so we can essentially reprogram the transmission to our liking. That’s the plan anyway.
                  This is very exciting!! Get it done boys I'll buy the first one ready to go!!
                  2011 PB Challenger LS 5 seat charcoal grey - ARB bull bar, gme uhf, bushskinz underbody plates, ultimate HD 50mm lift, redarc tow pro, haymen reese tow bar, rhino rack platform, bridgestone d697 a/t tyres, custom built off-road tandem axle caravan!

Comment

• itsamitsi
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2015
                    • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by BMChallenger View Post
                    This is very exciting!! Get it done boys I'll buy the first one ready to go!!

Me second......
                    Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• pb4x2
                      • May 2015
                      • Deception Bay Qld 4508

Me third as I have subscribed to M & Ms website and been in touch with Marshall who has informed me of the benefits of fitting one of their units to my PB 4x2.
                      2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

• 15challenger
                        • Oct 2015
                        • Adelaide

Looking very exciting guys, looking forward to be able to put an order in when they are ready.
                        2015 PC EGR blocked, Provent 200, Rhino pioneer platform with ARB awning, Smartbar, Safari snorkel, Unifilter, Kaymar rear bar, 265/70r16 LTD697's and a couple other odds and sods

Comment

• m_and_m
                          Valued Member
                          • Mar 2010

Challenger lockup-mate is coming along well

Hi Guys,
                          I've had OJs car for couple of weeks and now have a version of the torque converter lockup kit working (lockup-mate).
                          Amazing results.
                          I've started a new thread here.
                          Last edited by m_and_m; 20-02-18, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• pb4x2
                            • May 2015
                            • Deception Bay Qld 4508

lock-up mate

Great news, can't wait to purchase and fit this unit when available.
                            2012 PB Challenger 4x2 auto

30mm Whiteline Front Sway Bar / SPV Delete / Catch can / Auto-mate / Lowered Front 35mm Rear 50mm / Side Steps Lowered 20mm / Rear Spoiler / Sony Double DIN xav-ax1000 / Rear Camera / All the Chrome bits

Comment

• irsa76
                              • Jun 2015
                              • Queanbeyan

Given the well known temp control issues with the transmission, has anyone investigated upgraded transmission coolers? I'm looking at doing a cooler upgrade in the near future, along with the automate and maybe even the valvebody upgrade.
                              2013 PC Challenger LS. TJM Steelbullbar, 9500lb winch, Ultimate suspension, Polyair bags, ceramic tint and MM4x4 Lockup-Mate.
                              And lots of dreams.

Comment

• old Jack
                                Regular
                                • Jun 2011
                                • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                                Given the well known temp control issues with the transmission, has anyone investigated upgraded transmission coolers? I'm looking at doing a cooler upgrade in the near future, along with the automate and maybe even the valvebody upgrade.
                                Yes many years ago "beagle 1" fitted a second ATF cooler and it did reduce his ATF temperatures but it did not solve the limp modes. Problem is the Challenger auto does not go into limp mode due to high ATF temps until the ATF reaches 135C, the real cause is the TC slip timeout limp mode which detects a difference between the input and output shaft speeds of the auto and if this difference is too much for a given time then the transmission goes into limp mode without warning. It is a common misbielf that it is ATF temperature related and it is not! The highest my ATF temp has ever been was 116C whilst doing heavy tow tests up long sustained hills with 40C ambient temperatures and my ATF temps are always lower and recover quicker than the Gen 4 Pajero guys I travel with regularly.

There has been a lot of work, testing and discussion on the Challengers auto over the last few years, for so background if here is a link to the thread,

I already have the proposed changes in the up and down shift points and TC locked and unlocked patterns ready to trial in the Auto-Mate with MM4x4 but the first step has been to fit a Prototype Lockup-Mate to see if the proposed parameters are close to where we think they should be. We most likely have 3 to 6 months of trials before Auto-Mate is on the market. Also work has started on Traction-Mate which will be a plug & play module that increases the response time of the traction control system when off road as the current TC is way too slow to activate when doing slow low range work.

I suggest you wait until Auto-Mate is availble and fit this before deciding if the investment in an additional ATF cooler and HD valve body is warranted.

OJ.
                                2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                                MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X