• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Benny87
    • Feb 2017
    • Bathurst

1989 import LWB 2.5td EGR AIR BOx

Hey hey

i have bought my self a gen1 pajero there is no air filter box it is a import 2.5td the air filter box is different to my gen1 aussie ,,im chasing an air filter boxfor it, and also what egr block off are available,

Cheers
  • 4wd26
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Bayside, Brisbane & Stradie

There are air filters around that will fit that import box, the information should be on the forum, they were a bit more expensive than Aussie models but not enough to make it worthwhile (in my case) to change it out

Egr and associated pollution stuff should not be present on your model
    ML triton with some accessories
    National E Trek Libary
    Getting Out There

Comment

• wazza87
      • Apr 2015
      • Gold Coast

Diy

If you are interested in putting a snorkel on her, i wrote a DIY for it. Might be useful.

-jero- 1990 SWB NG TDi import, 33'' BFG KM2 muddies on 15x8 'sunnies', steel winch bar, custom rock sliders, Steel roof rack, Domin8r 12,000lb winch, 2.5" straight through exhaust, Allisport TM intercooler, Boost Tee, EGR delete, 22' LED bar, GME UHF + GME antenna, high gain fm/am antenna, duel batteries, 2in lift - Lovells springs and Gabriel shocks/struts + tough dog torsion bars, snorkel, catch can, diff breathers, VDO boost, oil pressure & EGT gauges, fusion speakers, more to come...

Comment

• wazza87
        • Apr 2015
        • Gold Coast

The aussie box and import box are different in where the intake comes through the guard.

EGR blank you have two options. Fit a plate in-between manifold and egr to make it look standard. Or, remove the egr and blank off both holes. I did just that. Where you blank off the egr on the exhaust side, u can tap a thread a whack a pyro thermocouple in for an egt gauge.

I used something like this

Good luck.
        -jero- 1990 SWB NG TDi import, 33'' BFG KM2 muddies on 15x8 'sunnies', steel winch bar, custom rock sliders, Steel roof rack, Domin8r 12,000lb winch, 2.5" straight through exhaust, Allisport TM intercooler, Boost Tee, EGR delete, 22' LED bar, GME UHF + GME antenna, high gain fm/am antenna, duel batteries, 2in lift - Lovells springs and Gabriel shocks/struts + tough dog torsion bars, snorkel, catch can, diff breathers, VDO boost, oil pressure & EGT gauges, fusion speakers, more to come...

Comment

• Benny87
          • Feb 2017
          • Bathurst

Originally posted by wazza87 View Post
          The aussie box and import box are different in where the intake comes through the guard.

EGR blank you have two options. Fit a plate in-between manifold and egr to make it look standard. Or, remove the egr and blank off both holes. I did just that. Where you blank off the egr on the exhaust side, u can tap a thread a whack a pyro thermocouple in for an egt gauge.

I used something like this

Good luck.

cheers wazza the import i have has cuiser control so its even more different to try fit the snorkel,
          i have a standard air box in it atm and its not going to fit at all have to make something custom up,

cheers for the EGR link will be getting onto that this week

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X