• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • originalfunster
    • Jan 2016
    • Australia

TowPro Elite

Hi all,

Just bought the towpro for our NX Pajero, have seen the majority of people have mentioned the MM brake harness.
    Question is Do I need it?
    I thought the towpro was independent of any extra wiring, so just wondering why others have used the harness.

Thanks

Gary
  • stevemc181
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • Thornlie/Perth

You'll need to ensure the tow plug has the brake power wire connected, easiest way to do it, assuming you already have the MM Towbar installed is to use the Brake Harness Kit. Plug and play makes it a bit easier than running seperate wires. I have just installed a Towpro elite as per this thread.

Awesome Brake Controller by the way!
    2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
    3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• originalfunster
      • Jan 2016
      • Australia

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that..
      Wasn't sure if I had to use the harness for a specific reason, rather than using it for ease of installation.

Yeah heard good reports about it...

Regards

Gary

Comment

• stevemc181
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by originalfunster View Post
        Hi Steve,

Thanks for that..
        Wasn't sure if I had to use the harness for a specific reason, rather than using it for ease of installation.

Yeah heard good reports about it...

Regards

Gary
        There is another post here http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...78&postcount=4 where the designer of the harness comments that the main reason for its use, is to ensure that the Throttle override doesn't kick in when braking the trailer.
        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• originalfunster
          • Jan 2016
          • Australia

Thanks for that Steve, interesting read!!

So just tried to order the harness from local dealer and apparently there are none in the country!!!

Part no. MR936166, that number is now superseded by MZ350066
          However 1 dealer does have the old part number, MZ350265, which from what I can see is for a 2012.
          Does anybody know if the old part no is the same harness and will fit a 2014/2015 pajero???

Thanks

Gary

Comment

• stevemc181
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • Thornlie/Perth

Thanks for that Steve, interesting read!!

So just tried to order the harness from local dealer and apparently there are none in the country!!!

Part no. MR936166, that number is now superseded by MZ350066
            However 1 dealer does have the old part number, MZ350265, which from what I can see is for a 2012.
            Does anybody know if the old part no is the same harness and will fit a 2014/2015 pajero???

Thanks

Gary
            I'm not sure if any differences in the kit, MZ350265 is the kit I got for the NW as pictured below:

Comment

• originalfunster
              • Jan 2016
              • Australia

Hi Steve,

Thanks for that, Yeah that's the one they have, but dealer was unsure if anything had changed...
              Although I just googled what is supposed to be the latest part number MR350066 and there is stuff relating to that part in 2010!!
              Anyway I have sent OldEmmGee ( the guy in the thread you sent me to) a pm, to see if he knows any more..lol
              Might try a few more dealers a bit farther out and see if they have one in stock...

Regards

Gary

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2013
                • Sydney

I asked my local dealer today about the MZ350265. They too said it is superseded by MZ350066. Cost was just under $98. They are however on back order and I was told about two weeks to get one in.

I was asking in relation to the latest model NX.
                NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• originalfunster
                  • Jan 2016
                  • Australia

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                  I asked my local dealer today about the MZ350265. They too said it is superseded by MZ350066. Cost was just under $98. They are however on back order and I was told about two weeks to get one in.

I was asking in relation to the latest model NX.
                  But when you google that part number it comes up with MY2007-2011.
                  So really not sure what is going on..

Comment

• stevemc181
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2012
                    • Thornlie/Perth

On the label you can see in my attached pic above, it clearly states MY12 and on the instructions it also has written MY12-Onwards.

Comment

• originalfunster
                      • Jan 2016
                      • Australia

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                      On the label you can see in my attached pic above, it clearly states MY12 and on the instructions it also has written MY12-Onwards.
                      Yeah I saw that with your one Steve, I also noted your batch number.. I assume that the manufacter date makes up the last of it, ie: may 2014?

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Sydney

MZ350066 appears to be sequentially earlier than the MZ350265 too.

Might need to ask whether the MZ350265 is available at all or whether it is just a matter of part number reconciliation or the like but if this is the case stuffed if I could tell you why it would be rolled back to an earlier number.
                        NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• originalfunster
                          • Jan 2016
                          • Australia

Yeah I saw that with your one Steve, I also noted your batch number.. I assume that the manufacter date makes up the last of it, ie: may 2014?
                          Hi Steve,
                          I just picked up harness same one that you have.
                          When I boughtvthe towpro I also got the 30amp resettable fuse, but I see the harness has a resets le fuse already wired in.
                          Did you just use the one in the harness or did you also put seperate fuse in?

Regards
                          Gary

Comment

• stevemc181
                            Valued Member
                            • Sep 2012
                            • Thornlie/Perth

Hi Steve,
                            I just picked up harness same one that you have.
                            When I boughtvthe towpro I also got the 30amp resettable fuse, but I see the harness has a resets le fuse already wired in.
                            Did you just use the one in the harness or did you also put seperate fuse in?

Regards
                            Gary
                            I just used the one that was with the MM under bonnet Harness, can't see the point in having two of them.

Comment

• originalfunster
                              • Jan 2016
                              • Australia

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                              I just used the one that was with the MM under bonnet Harness, can't see the point in having two of them.
                              Yeah that's what I was thinking... Thanks for getting back to me so quick
                              Will let you know how I get on with it...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X