• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stoneman
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2012
    • Melbourne

Lateral G Sensor

Just noticed that my Lateral G Sensor was showing odd readings sitting on level ground (using a mut 3)

If I shake the car violently I can get a reading of + and - 1.20 m/s^2 give or take, not sure what it means

But before the re calibration as per the factory manual it was reading 0.32 m/s^2 on level ground

Now it's zero after re calibrating

I could only imagine if its not set correct it would cause havoc with ASC and the likes. Possibly tripping ASC but not quite enough for the light to come on

Also air bags but maybe not

I have noticed random loss of power going around corners with the no lights coming on
    Maybe it's was caused by this

After discussions with another forum member and a challenger I have always been suspicious if this may be a issue with some.
    NS Pajero Exceed. With stuff
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

Hi Stoneman,

I do not have a Triton Service Manual (would be happy to get a copy though!)

On the PB/PC Challenger signals from the G and Yaw Rate sensor is used in both the ABS and ASC systems. From my reading the neutral position of the G & Yaw Rate sensor is set by the Steering Angle sensor therefore this must be correct. The ASC also uses the 4 wheel speed sensors and brake light switch, I was surprised that the Accelerator Pedal Position sensor is not used!

I can induce the ASC to activate both at very low speed and medium speeds, and feel not only the brakes cutting in but also the power being cut. Sometimes I get the power cut when starting off from stationary with the steering wheel turned when I exit the Service Station I regularly use, there is a significant spoon drain on the exit and the road is a busy major road with considerable traffic so sometimes a healthy dose of right foot is needed to safely merge with the traffic. I do not feel the brakes come on but certainly the power is cut until I lift off and reapply the accelerator, sometimes I notice the ASTC light flashes and other times not, this does not mean it is not flashing but more so I do not see it due to sun glare on the dash or traffic distraction or duration of the flashing. This can happen on dry roads with no wheel spin so I am presuming it is ASC and not TC activation.

What I would really like is for a beeper to sound when the ASC is operating this would enable a quicker driver response than either seeing the light flash or feeling the effect of the ASTC ECU intervention.

cheers, old Jack.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Stoneman
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2012
      • Melbourne

Yep done the steering sensor as well as it states it's all related

The steering wheel position didn't change the G sensor reading

Off topic I also noticed my TPS was only opening to 80 % tweaked the terminals and put it at 92 %

I have gotten rid of this every slight dead spot when slowly touching the throttle

I also noted that the TPS reading by the Mut conflicts with the scan gauge reading.

I am trying to chase this cruse control surge bye checking terminals ATM
      Last edited by Stoneman; 22-02-15, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• old Jack
        Regular
        • Jun 2011

Is your cruise control surge a "pulse" noise, feeling?
        Can you see rpm fluctuate? Boost fluctuation ? Any other symptoms?

cheers, old Jack.
        2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.

Comment

• Stoneman
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2012
          • Melbourne

It's surgeing when going down hill it's the only time and its a feeling to a point the drive line is jolting back and forth similiar to bunny hopping just at a faster speed

Will have to pay closer attention to the rpm and boost and see what it does

It's been mentioned before but no one seems to have a fix

If I tap the res button to speed up it it will stop slighly than start again unless I hit the bottom of the hill

It's done it since new

Comment

• Goodsy
            Who ya gunna call....
            • Dec 2010
            • Hervey Bay

Do you think it's chip related?
            .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
            NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• old Jack
              Regular
              • Jun 2011

Stoneman,

Have you looked at these threads?

cheers, old Jack.

Comment

• Stoneman
                Valued Member
                • Jul 2012
                • Melbourne

Thanks OJ,

I have considered these things all though not the oil level

The only thing is mine only does it on cruise going down hill?.

I have tweaked the throttle body,MAF and MAP sensor plugs and applied some lanotec lanolin spray from repco
                And cleaned the MAF sensor

Comment

• Stoneman
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2012
                  • Melbourne

Spoke to the dealer today and said I was on the right track

The problem is they have to run to protocol and do the adjustments them selves even though I have done it.....I can understand but what a pain!

First they clean and tweak the maf sensor if no change it could mean a new harness?

Spoke about the SCV although I'm not convinced that's the cause as it only does it going down hill
                  I suppose it could be possible as it might not like the fine adjustments cruise is making as i would find it hard to replicate with my foot

There is defiantly a difference after doing the tweak to the terminals although not to the surge. It seems quieter while the engine is warming up and the throttle seems smoother to apply when just feathering it, I reckon that was after the throttle body connection was done

OJ I noticed my boost was steady and my Rev's was fluctuating at a guess roughly 100 rpm
                  Any thoughts?
                  Last edited by Stoneman; 23-02-15, 04:37 PM. Reason: 100 not 500...

Comment

• Goodsy
                    Who ya gunna call....
                    • Dec 2010
                    • Hervey Bay

You have a strange one there Nick.
                    I don't think it's SVC related either.
                    NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Stoneman
                      Valued Member
                      • Jul 2012
                      • Melbourne

I'm actually think it might be Goodsy

Why is because if these things aren't machined properly they won't like small movements and with what has be mentioned about giving them a polish just maybe the answer

If I log the voltage to the SCV and fuel pressure at the same time I might be able to notice it

I think I may order a new one and have a play

It's not like I don't have enough spares already

Got some new MAP sensors coming as I reckon these things may be breaking down over time that will be another thread

Comment

• Goodsy
                        Who ya gunna call....
                        • Dec 2010
                        • Hervey Bay

I reckon you just need an excuse to play.
                        NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• Stoneman
                          Valued Member
                          • Jul 2012
                          • Melbourne

I don't even reckon I need that

Comment

• old Jack
                            Regular
                            • Jun 2011

In Blue in your post.

cheers, OJ.

Originally posted by Stoneman View Post
                            Spoke to the dealer today and said I was on the right track

The problem is they have to run to protocol and do the adjustments them selves even though I have done it.....I can understand but what a pain!

First they clean and tweak the maf sensor if no change it could mean a new harness?
                            There is a Hotfix for the MAF sensor loom.
                            [http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ght=MAF+hotfix

Spoke about the SCV although I'm not convinced that's the cause as it only does it going down hill
                            Why not the SCV? It controls fuel flow in all accelerator positions. What happens if it does not have a smooth action as it closes when you back off the accelerator?
                            I suppose it could be possible as it might not like the fine adjustments cruise is making as i would find it hard to replicate with my foot
                            With your MUTT or a multimeter you could measure the voltage fluctuation of the throttle input to the Engine ECU to see if this is stable or changes in synchronisation with the rpm flucuations.

There is defiantly a difference after doing the tweak to the terminals although not to the surge. It seems quieter while the engine is warming up and the throttle seems smoother to apply when just feathering it, I reckon that was after the throttle body connection was done.
                            From my experience the whole electronic control systems on these engines and gearboxes are hyper sensitive to even the slightest change in resistance on all connects, so this does not surprise me. At the same time this worries me about what happens as the car gets older and out of warranty!

OJ I noticed my boost was steady and my Rev's was fluctuating at a guess roughly 100 rpm
                            Any thoughts?
                            The reasons I asked about boost values was I was thinking Variable Inlet Control to the turbine.

Comment

• Stoneman
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2012
                              • Melbourne

I can log it all with my mut and that's a good call to log the throttle input as well
                              But was originally thinking of when the problem happens (cruise control)

I'm assuming at this stage the hot fix would be applied to my year? But the dealer did mention it so if all my attempts fail I will have to go to the protocol

I agree about what happens out of warranty but unless they make everything in house it won't change any time soon
                              Unless of course they use some common sense and see if it's possible for one company to manufacture the connectors the have another put them together

But that will cause all sorts of political that we would end up paying for any way by price or quality

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X