• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MSF
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2009
    • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Woo Hoo..

Got it back late last week - all the rust work is done and it looks great.
    Driving it back from the workshop I forgot how slow it was

So, next step is to get a blue slip and then rego'd in NSW and then I can start to enjoy it..

Comment

• MSF
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2009
      • Sydney, Northern Beaches

Thought I would give an update...
      What was going to be a 2-3 year build has now become a 5-6 year build.

As the 3B is staying put for at least 12-18mths now, I deciided to give it to my mate Andrew from AJB Diesel to tweak it a bit.
      He is used to working on Huge 15 litre Cummins ISX engines in Prime Movers and Plant/machinery engines, so he said he enjoyed my little toy engine - he even laughed when it took "only" around 6 Litres of oil (he is used to engines needing 40-50litres of oil...

So, he sent the old oil away for testing and it came back really well and with minimal wear and contaminants etc - so we decided to do the injectors and fuel pump and it's like a brand new truck... I can now hold 5th gear in most places where I was back to 3rd previously.. So, It's at least livable now until I do the engine conversion.

Andrew also put a new Air Con Compressor in and custom made some new lines to keep them out of the way (poor factory design and charging port locations)

The old Alloy bar is gone, - was to be replaced by a Steel ARB winch bar.. I say "was" as I bought one from ebay and the bloke selling it mis-represented it so by the time it arrived - I discovered it was for the wrong vehicle. - A bit of backwards and forwards and him trying to tell me "tuff luck" - I got a Paypal refund and went looking for another bar.. Still Looking. In the mean time - have another Alloy TJM winch bar on it (no winch cradle) that I picked up for a carton of beer..

I have the rear seats out permanently and now have two drawers in their place - running the full length of the floor, so very handy at about 1300 deep.

Will post up some more pics if people have interest in the old girl still...

Still picking up parts and what not for it - To go with the 33" Bighorns, I now have a set of 15x8 Hurricanes - Real Old School type wheels and period correct - picked up 5 (one had a small ding - so getting that fixed at Barrel Bros Wheel repairs, will look brand new when it comes back...

Comment

• dhula
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2012
        • South of Perth

Originally posted by MSF View Post
        1KZ-TE (from the Prado) etc is only 97kw /287Nm
        1KZ-TE from the 95 and early 120 series Prados was 96kw/343Nm
        There is a few add on chips/computers that can increase it also.
        Last edited by dhula; 23-09-16, 02:11 AM.
        2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
        2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X