• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • arrow
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2007

Camping gear search

OK, campers, I'm looking to replace a bit of gear that went overboard from my brother-in-laws boat recently and I need a bit of help finding the same thing - Ebay, Google etc have been to no avail so I'm appealing to those that may have had the same thing previously.

Basically it's a hand basin for washing your face, doing your teeth and the like, not a dish-washing type basin. It resembled a plastic 20 ltr jerry can laid flat on its side and moulded into the top surface was the basin. It had a plug hole in the bottom and around the basin was the balance of the jerry can body which held around 10 - 15 ltrs of water. There was a hand operated pump in the back corner with which you pumped the stored water into the basin.

Try as I may I cannot find one. Has anyone any clues?
  • starjunk
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2011
    • Sydney

Originally posted by arrow View Post
    OK, campers, I'm looking to replace a bit of gear that went overboard from my brother-in-laws boat recently and I need a bit of help finding the same thing - Ebay, Google etc have been to no avail so I'm appealing to those that may have had the same thing previously.

Basically it's a hand basin for washing your face, doing your teeth and the like, not a dish-washing type basin. It resembled a plastic 20 ltr jerry can laid flat on its side and moulded into the top surface was the basin. It had a plug hole in the bottom and around the basin was the balance of the jerry can body which held around 10 - 15 ltrs of water. There was a hand operated pump in the back corner with which you pumped the stored water into the basin.

Try as I may I cannot find one. Has anyone any clues?
    Reliance Wash'n'go.

Just found it doing a quick search on good ol' google.
    '92 NH GLS LWB 3.0V6 A/T ...sold Please DON'T consider
    '06 NP VR-X LWB Turbo Diesel Sports A/T..sold Please consider
    '96 NJ GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T..sold . Loved that car
    '08 NS GLX LWB Turbo Diesel M/T...daily driver. Wake up and Drive!

Comment

• insect_eater
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Canberra

I couldn't find more details, but maybe this picture will help others, if it is the one you mean.

Another type was made by reliance - sometimes come up on US ebay.

See: http://caravancamperrv.com/sinks.htm
      Attached Files
      Last edited by insect_eater; 15-04-17, 10:02 AM. Reason: addition
      NX GLX manual, T13, XD9000, Koni RAID, Ultragauge, ISI carrier, pioneer platform, Lithium auxillary

Comment

• arrow
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2007

Yes, Insect Eater, that is the exact one - even to the colour ��

Where did you get that photo?

Comment

• insect_eater
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Canberra

From a link to pinterest. Tracing the source is beyond my skills/time. I have found searching images quicker for many things.

It was in row 23 (on my set up) on this search:

EDIT: I research and buy a bit of camping gear, that's why I gave searching a go. Based on the low levels of results, it doesn't seem like an item you're likely to find at a retail outlet, other than by word of mouth / secondhand.
          Last edited by insect_eater; 15-04-17, 08:37 PM. Reason: another thought
          NX GLX manual, T13, XD9000, Koni RAID, Ultragauge, ISI carrier, pioneer platform, Lithium auxillary

Comment

• justcruizin
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2008
            • Brisbane

A neat bit of kit. Might invest in one of these.
            08 NS 25th Anniversary Limited Edition DID Auto, MM TBar, TJM T13 Bar, Airtec Snorkel, Redarc Dual battery, ORU 12000lb rope winch, Bushskinz Full Bash Plate set, Uniden UHF, Narva 175 spots, HD(F) & SD(R) Lovells, Bilsteins, Dynapro ATs, Diff and trans breathers, Poly Airs, Ridge Rider Awning, Eagle Camper Trailer, Engel 40 lt, Waeco CF110

Comment

• arrow
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2007

Based on the low levels of results, it doesn't seem like an item you're likely to find at a retail outlet, other than by word of mouth / secondhand.
              Yes, that's pretty much what I fear, hence the original post .........................

A neat bit of kit.
              Sure was, and why I'm keen to replace it.

Comment

• Seigried
                Valued Member
                • Apr 2016
                • brisbane

Google "portable camping sink reliance" the one in the pics above I found as a vintage item

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• insect_eater
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Canberra

The blue one is a vintage reliance (as identified in my first link), which has been replaced by the reliance wash'n'Go identified by Starjunk. These are from the US. The wash'n'go is readily available from there.

The website with the green one is UK-based. so maybe asking and posting the picture on the UK pajero club website may be an option.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X