• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Challenged1
    • Oct 2019
    • Pyrenees Victoria

Thanks OJ

At present static ride EBH is at 585mm but the springs are brand new. No doubt the EBH will lower a bit as the springs bed in.

With a full droop of 630mm that equates to 45mm droop travel. What I don't understand is how droop travel has decreased from the 60mm droop from factory when I have +40mm struts.

Are you sure factory droop travel is 60mm? I didn't bother (think) to measure mine before I did the spring/strut change.

From what I observed with the angle of the CV's and the minimal flex left in the dust boots, 60mm droop travel would be putting a lot more angle on the CV's and the boots would have no flex left in them at all.

Comment

• old Jack
      Regular
      • Jun 2011
      • Adelaide, South Australia.

According to the RVCS data the unladen factory ride height is 542mm but there is a +/- 20 mm tolerance specified, go figure!

Looking at my file notes the factory front suspension has a droop EBH of 602mm so if we subtract the unladen factory ride height of 542mm then you have 60mm of droop travel. According to VSB-14, on an ESC equipped vehicle, you can raise the ride height by a suspension lift by up to 50mm but you must retain 2/3s of the original droop travel. so this is 40mm droop travel as a minimum requirement. At no point during the supsension travel or steering range, should any part of the wheel or tyre make contact with the body, suspension or steering components.
      It is also not permitted to remove or trim bump stops, this is why I just reversed mine!

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Challenged1
        • Oct 2019
        • Pyrenees Victoria

Yeah ok. That factory figure is vague at best then.

No wonder I couldn't figure out how I lost droop travel with longer shocks/struts. Add the +20mm allowance and then we have gained droop travel.

I reshaped my stops to resemble factory so unless someone with a very keen eye and a thorough knowledge of the Challenger inspects the stops, I think I might be right

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X