• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ozzz
    • May 2019
    • Brisbane

Front tampered coils spring

Hi guys, has anyone fitted front tampered coils such as Terrain Tamer? Have you experienced better stablisation on and offroad? If so, any brand for the product? The Terrain Tamer only offers standard height for Pajero DiD although 40mm for petrol.Thanks
    My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

King Springs make tapered wire progressive front coils that are known as "comfort coils" Part Number KCFR-34T apparently these give you a slight lift over factory ride when fitted to a Diesel engine vehicle so obviously no good it you are going to run a bullbar, winch and or aux battery.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• gen1
      • Nov 2012
      • Melbourne

I have a Terrain Tamer kit fitted to my NX, although the tapered springs were not available for the fronts at the time. The rear is a progressive rate 300kg spring and in my experience is horribly mismatched to the front heavy duty coils. While the initial travel at the rear is soft and comfy but firms up nicely with a bit of load, but with a bit of load the rear sits low before the spring firms up though. Their shocks and struts are very ordinary quality however, if you were thinking of getting a kit...
      2016 NX GLX. ARB bullbar, Safari snorkel, dual batteries, diesel prefilter, flashlube catch can, FrontRunner rack with foxwing awning and custom under awning lights, towbar, Drifta Drawers, Terrain Tamer suspension

Comment

• Ozzz
        • May 2019
        • Brisbane

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
        King Springs make tapered wire progressive front coils that are known as "comfort coils" Part Number KCFR-34T apparently these give you a slight lift over factory ride when fitted to a Diesel engine vehicle so obviously no good it you are going to run a bullbar, winch and or aux battery.

OJ.
        thanks OJ. I personally like the design. But I will get a bull bar later on so I have to give up the idea of using it. Luckily we still have adjustable shock so I can still have some room for both worlds.
        My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• Ozzz
          • May 2019
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by gen1 View Post
          I have a Terrain Tamer kit fitted to my NX, although the tapered springs were not available for the fronts at the time. The rear is a progressive rate 300kg spring and in my experience is horribly mismatched to the front heavy duty coils. While the initial travel at the rear is soft and comfy but firms up nicely with a bit of load, but with a bit of load the rear sits low before the spring firms up though. Their shocks and struts are very ordinary quality however, if you were thinking of getting a kit...
          Thanks , I was chasing your posts last week since I noticed you got the suspension kit including the drama due to poor alignment. Its been a long while and your feedback is very valuable to me. Did your shocks provide adjustment, how was it?

Comment

• Keithyv
            Valued Member
            • May 2018
            • Perth

What are tampered coils?
            I assume tapered or is it tempered?
            2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
            MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Ozzz
              • May 2019
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by Keithyv View Post
              What are tampered coils?
              I assume tapered or is it tempered?
              tapered

Comment

• Keithyv
                Valued Member
                • May 2018
                • Perth

Originally posted by Ozzz View Post
                tapered
                Phew, because tampered coils sound dangerous
                2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
                MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• gen1
                  • Nov 2012
                  • Melbourne

Originally posted by Ozzz View Post
                  Thanks , I was chasing your posts last week since I noticed you got the suspension kit including the drama due to poor alignment. Its been a long while and your feedback is very valuable to me. Did your shocks provide adjustment, how was it?
                  My car has 80k on the clock now, 65k with this suspension, and I'm on my third set of struts. The first ones lasted about 60k until the bottom bushes disintegrated. I had enquired about getting some replacement bushes as the struts still worked properly. To their credit Terrain Tamer just replaced the struts as a complete unit. Within a couple of weeks there was a horrible creaking noise from the front end that was eventually tracked down to an internal fault in these struts. They replaced them again but this time told me there would be no further warranty on these as my front sway bar was removed. I understand this stance, they are not to know the sway bar had been removed for only a week or so while i waited for replacement sway bar links. The current struts feel much better than the original and second set. The front of the car rides firmly and is a huge improvement over the factory set up. The rear is too soft with the car loaded to GVM. It sits down too far in the rear and at load the rear shocks don't control the weight particularly well. A slightly taller spring with a better quality shock would work wonders. Despite the misgivings over the suspension I can't speak highly enough of their after sales service. I only bought this setup as they had done a lot of work to my car making up a catch can and prefilter kit to suit my car as they initially didn't have one to suit a pajero with a safari snorkel and second battery fitted. We had fitted their shocks to our Colorado ute as well, but after having to fit several replacement sets in less than six months due to oil leaks we have decided their suspension isn't up to the standard of the rest of their gear.
                  2016 NX GLX. ARB bullbar, Safari snorkel, dual batteries, diesel prefilter, flashlube catch can, FrontRunner rack with foxwing awning and custom under awning lights, towbar, Drifta Drawers, Terrain Tamer suspension

Comment

• Ozzz
                    • May 2019
                    • Brisbane

Originally posted by gen1 View Post
                    My car has 80k on the clock now, 65k with this suspension, and I'm on my third set of struts. The first ones lasted about 60k until the bottom bushes disintegrated. I had enquired about getting some replacement bushes as the struts still worked properly. To their credit Terrain Tamer just replaced the struts as a complete unit. Within a couple of weeks there was a horrible creaking noise from the front end that was eventually tracked down to an internal fault in these struts. They replaced them again but this time told me there would be no further warranty on these as my front sway bar was removed. I understand this stance, they are not to know the sway bar had been removed for only a week or so while i waited for replacement sway bar links. The current struts feel much better than the original and second set. The front of the car rides firmly and is a huge improvement over the factory set up. The rear is too soft with the car loaded to GVM. It sits down too far in the rear and at load the rear shocks don't control the weight particularly well. A slightly taller spring with a better quality shock would work wonders. Despite the misgivings over the suspension I can't speak highly enough of their after sales service. I only bought this setup as they had done a lot of work to my car making up a catch can and prefilter kit to suit my car as they initially didn't have one to suit a pajero with a safari snorkel and second battery fitted. We had fitted their shocks to our Colorado ute as well, but after having to fit several replacement sets in less than six months due to oil leaks we have decided their suspension isn't up to the standard of the rest of their gear.
                    Thanks for your detailed feedback. thats why i trust review from user instead of media. we are paid to learn. new product really need real world test.

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011
                      • Adelaide, South Australia.

Have you consider King Coils with OzTec struts and shockers, available from GSA Wholesale Suspension in Slacks Creek Qld, King coils are the highest quality and are well proven. OzTec struts and shockers are a strong, good value and have a long warranty.

Most aftermarket suspension systems that you see advertised in the magazines and online are overpriced for the quality you are getting. You pay a lot for big name brands that ae really very average but still an improvement over factory suspension particularly if you have added heavy accessories, carry load in the cargo area and ot tow.

OJ.
                      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Ozzz
                        • May 2019
                        • Brisbane

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                        Have you consider King Coils with OzTec struts and shockers, available from GSA Wholesale Suspension in Slacks Creek Qld, King coils are the highest quality and are well proven. OzTec struts and shockers are a strong, good value and have a long warranty.

Most aftermarket suspension systems that you see advertised in the magazines and online are overpriced for the quality you are getting. You pay a lot for big name brands that ae really very average but still an improvement over factory suspension particularly if you have added heavy accessories, carry load in the cargo area and ot tow.

OJ.
                        Hi OJ when I browse youtube, it seems to know what I need, keep sending me ads and video about suspension those.company just can find me. I remember you mentioned few options for other member before and I am interested in this combo.I will definitely visit GSA when its due to upgrade

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X