• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BasilTheBlackLab
    • Dec 2016
    • Victoria

Questions about cargo barriers

Hi, thinking about getting a cargo barrier (Probably the one from Mitsubishi).

Does anyone know if they're easy to take in and out if I need to do a run to the tip or get some long stuff from Bunnings? Or are they a pain?

Also, is there any capacity to recline a little bit or are the seats put in their most upright position?

Thanks.
  • Pajshomoneroguntero
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Sydney

I've got the Autosafe half barrier. The rear seats will recline but one click ie one back from bolt upright.

Easy enough to get in and out if required but the half barrier allows for longer lengths to be slid past and up to the 2nd row seats in their folded forward position. Fine for the very occasion need and only if you require just a bit more length otherwise up on the roof would probably be a better solution.
    NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• DAVIDHHH
      • Jan 2019
      • Ulladulla

I have the full height one (came with vehicle) but i think half height as the poster above mentioned would be the better option.

You can still recline a fair way with the full height one so no issues on that front. The usual four bolts to put it in and out. I just put long lengths on the roof
      2016 NX GLX5, Tough Dog 40mm lift, Snorkel, ARB Bar, oricom UHF, Cargo Barrier, OCAM Flat Rack, Boo's plates, Dual Battery in rear well etc

Previous: 2002 PA Challenger

Comment

• pharb
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Tyers,Vic

In my old NJ when packingbfor a weekend away I would unbolt the third row seats, fit cargo barrier, fit side binnacles that bolted down to the third row seat mounts, then fit a shelf between the binacles........then pack car.

On Sunday night when unpacking would do the reverse so Mum had her taxi back for the school week.

Each operation would take about 10 minutes.

Cargo barrier was only 4 bolts.

I can't recall anything in my NX that would make it any harder than the NJ.
        PCOV Member 1107.
        Daily driver NX GLX
        Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
        Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
        Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• BasilTheBlackLab
          • Dec 2016
          • Victoria

Thanks, I like the half barrier idea - I had no idea they existed.

Comment

• Garc
            • May 2015
            • Perth

I have the full Autosafe one. Four nuts (I use wing nuts) but a bit of stuffing around to get it out. Wouldn’t want to be doing it every week but the full barrier is very useful for hanging things off and piling stuff up against with no chance of it hitting you in the back of the head
            Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• oscaroo
              • Dec 2017
              • Sydney

I have the Kaon half cargo barrier.
              It probably wont help in an accident. But it definitely helps to load to the ceiling

Comment

• redbruce
                Administrator
                • Sep 2019
                • Melbourne

+1 for the KAON.

Allows full adjustment range, folds forward with seat out of way for increased cargo area.
                PCOV Member 1954
                MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer, ARB Smartbar. Stockman Extreme pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

• oscaroo
                  • Dec 2017
                  • Sydney

I wouldn't say it's full seat adjustment range. It has I think 4 different settings for seat angle but it's nowhere near as full rear seat recline

Comment

• MarkMelbourne
                    • Aug 2022
                    • Melbourne, Vic

Originally posted by oscaroo View Post
                    I have the Kaon half cargo barrier. It probably wont help in an accident.
                    I haven't seen these in person so wondering why? Because the base isn't bolted to the floor? or the material is light duty?

Comment

• Chris25
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Brisbane

+1 for kaon. i also have their shelf which makes it easier to grab frequently used items.

Comment

• redbruce
                        Administrator
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Melbourne

Originally posted by MarkMelbourne View Post

I haven't seen these in person so wondering why? Because the base isn't bolted to the floor? or the material is light duty?
                        By their own admission it is a light cargo/pet barrier and does not have a specified safe load rating.

I use one to contain the few light items that are not tied down (as heavy items are) in rear.
                        PCOV Member 1954
                        MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer, ARB Smartbar. Stockman Extreme pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

• Glenno
                          • Feb 2009
                          • Melbourne

I have the Mitsubishi dual position cargo barrier and it takes max 10 minutes to move from behind the second row seat to behind the drivers seat ( with second row folded). Easy to remove completely in less than 10 minutes.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X