• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • colin.munro3
    • Jul 2013
    • Geelong

NL 380 engine upgrade

Hi guys
    i have a nl blister guard with 390ks it wasnt looked after by the bloke i bought it off and after 18 months the engine has finally just about given up. its using heaps of water and oil, massive loss in power. im looking at the 380 upgrade. with doing that i know that i have block and heads from the 380 and everything else changes over. is there any tips or hints to make this go smoothly over a weekend with me and a couple of mates all mechanically minded one qualified. as for service parts what is interchangable between the 2 engines?
  • Dulanzz
    • Mar 2020
    • Melbourne

check this out.

Comment

• disco stu
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2018
      • Wollongong

Check with your equivalent of roads service as to needing engineers certificate for the change to that engine. I got in an email battle about this with nsw rms. I did come out of it realising they don't actually know what they're talking about, but have narrowed down the requirements in ADRs if you need to get to this level. I think I detailed it in a thread somewhere

My advice for this, call them armed with a bit if info, but pretend you don't know at first. If they say yes, note down their name in case you are told later you need engineers certificate. If no, then start to question them based on the ADRs and the Vic requirements that you have already looked at. Or call them up a few days later after finding that info and pretend it's a new enquiry

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X