• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • talrusan
    • Oct 2019
    • Jordan

Bull bar NX

Hello,

I'm thinking of buying a bull bar for my 2015.
    But i will miss light washer & daytime led. What an option let keep them both?

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk
  • pharb
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Tyers,Vic

The ARB bar on my NX has provision for headlight washers, and I utilise Stedi DRLs in the ARB foglight apertures.
    PCOV Member 1107.
    Daily driver NX GLX
    Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
    Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
    Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• Ozzz
      • May 2019
      • Brisbane

bull bar from OEM will keep both, but i am not sure its strength since not many members use it.
      My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Ozzz View Post
        bull bar from OEM will keep both, but i am not sure its strength since not many members use it.

Its a lot lighter and no provision for a winch. I am glad I opted for the oem. In the last 5 years without a winch I have not required one...waste of money for the amount of times it would have been used. Factory is legal and allows for all fittings. In an accident it will definitely crumple...but that is what it is defined for....better it than you. A huge percentage of bullbars are bought for the wank factor. ..this is why there are calls for them to be banned, as most are bought by city slickers trying to have their car look tuff...WTF? Sad really that a manufacturer cant develop a bullbar that can take a winch and yet be discretely built into the cars nose area. With oem you wont need upgrade shocks/springs either. The 2 blokes I do most of my travels with have the polished alloy and matt black steel bar (as I do too) and none of us have been unfortunate enough to collect a cow or car. Mate cleaned up a roo and it did very little damage to his alloy bay...polished out. Value for money...definitely not an arb bar.

imho
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Ian H
          Valued Member
          • May 2015
          • Melbourne

I'm not sure of the rules internationally but I thought it made the car unroadworthy if you didn't have head light washers for cars which initially had them fitted at the factory.
          2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• farcanal
            • Mar 2010

Researched various aftermarket bars and found all had "issues" with fog lights and daytime driving lights.
            Bought genuine Mitsubishi and kept the car standard. Price was almost same with all bars....can't remember exact pricing but the OEM was $2800 fitted.

Comment

• 2bad4u
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009
              • Perth, Western Australia

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
              ....Sad really that a manufacturer cant develop a bullbar that can take a winch and yet be discretely built into the cars nose area....
              You can. Not many options for a Pajero but other makes have some pretty decent hidden winch mounts which you can also add a replacement bumper to, so there is no need for a bull bar at all. I'm looking at doing this with my Jeep.

Here is one I found for the Pajero..

Founded in 1995, AFN is one of the most well equipped companies dedicated to the production and commercialization of accessories for all-land vehicles.

Edit: this isn't in Australia though.
              Warren
              2012 NW DiD Activ - Retired
              2023 Nissan Y62 Patrol Ti

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2019
                • Brisbane

East Coast Bullbars do a fair Alloy bar,varied finishes, have winch bar option.

Solid sucka for alloy bar

States in fitting instructions washers yes

file:///C:/Users/kcsales/Downloads/EAM110SY%20(2).pdf
                Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Pugg
                  • Mar 2016
                  • Queenstown

Hi Talrusan,

MCC do a bullbar that has daytime running lights incorporated as well as indicators, I didn't fit the light washers but hung onto them in case I felt the need further down the track.
                  There are hidden winch mounts that keep the bumper too

cheers
                  NS Super Exceed 3.8, MCC bar, Hella daytime, Bushskinz, Boos rear bumper protector, Diff and trans breathers, Safari snorkel, lift with Lovells/ Bilsteins, Runva Winch, Good year wrangler duratrac 265/60/18, plus a set of Desert Hawk Muds on a second set of wheels.

Comment

• redbruce
                    Administrator
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Melbourne

Originally posted by 2bad4u View Post
                    You can. Not many options for a Pajero but other makes have some pretty decent hidden winch mounts which you can also add a replacement bumper to, so there is no need for a bull bar at all. I'm looking at doing this with my Jeep.

Here is one I found for the Pajero..

Founded in 1995, AFN is one of the most well equipped companies dedicated to the production and commercialization of accessories for all-land vehicles.

Edit: this isn't in Australia though.

A local:
                    PCOV Member 1954
                    MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer, ARB Smartbar. Stockman Extreme pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

• Pixie_au
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Queensland

My steel ARB for my 2018 NX has as standard LED DRL (not as bright as OEM though) and I optioned LED fog lights also. Will take winch if I ever decide to add one. Also has washers as it is GLS with HID lights.

Still on standard suspension but I've always intended to upgrade anyway.

Haven't really noticed any change in handling like other people have but it's only done 6k. Will upgrade suspension when I've finished my other upgrades so I know how much it all weighs.

Its heavy and costly and I considered all the pros and cons of weight, strength, steel vs alloy, ARB vs TJM etc etc. I decided that if I'm ever unlucky enough to hit something then I want the most strength and repairability (in a remote area) and never be wishing I'd made a different choice.
                      Last edited by Pixie_au; 08-02-20, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• talrusan
                        • Oct 2019
                        • Jordan

Originally posted by farcanal View Post
                        Researched various aftermarket bars and found all had "issues" with fog lights and daytime driving lights.

Bought genuine Mitsubishi and kept the car standard. Price was almost same with all bars....can't remember exact pricing but the OEM was $2800 fitted.
                        That's was one of my favorite options. But it's not available in n my country. Even i contact the MMAL, but they don't shipping abroad.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Ozzz
                          • May 2019
                          • Brisbane

Hi OP

i remember one of the admin had a winch fitted while having OEM bar. just need a seperate plate to hold them together. Give me a while to search that thread .here we go last pge https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...t=15297&page=4

im seriously regreting not to have MMAL steel bar fitted. I should find the thread before I sign the contract. Now I have to pay full price.damn it
                          Last edited by Ozzz; 08-02-20, 07:10 PM.
                          My20 Nx Gls Graphite | Tow Bar| Plates Sum,Trans&Rear| Munji Egr| Provent Catch Can| Automate Pro| Rock Slider| Paddle Shift| 265 70 r17 Goodyear Silenttrac| Koni 90&88 plus Kings| Tuningkit Race​​​​​

Comment

• BlueYoshi
                            • May 2012
                            • Safety Bay

I also have the OEM bar and very happy with it. But keep in mind that the bar is very narrow, so if you decide to add spotlights later on, you will be somewhat limited in your choices.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                            Blue Yoshi
                            96 NJ 3.5 V6, HID Lightforce Spots, LED Spot, rear LED Spot, UHF, Snorkel, ARB Bullbar, Milford Cargo Barrier, 2.5M Batwing, Custom shelves, Airbags, Rear Camera, Fridge slide, Dual batteries, Diff breathers

Comment

• oscaroo
                              • Dec 2017
                              • Sydney

I put a smart bar on mine with the ARB drl and then managed to put the OEM fog lights on aswell

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X