Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

How to test air intake temperature sensor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Scooby
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2011
    • Ipswich, Qld.

How to test air intake temperature sensor.

Hi Guys,

Has anyone tested their air intake temperature sensor on a V6 NM?
    I have followed the Mitsubishilinks workshop manual and just want to confirm I did it correctly as the reading I have would suggest it is not working correctly.
    I have measured between pins 4 and 6 On the sensor. Airflow sensor still in place so pin 1 at rear and pin 7 at front of vehicle. Wiring unplugged.
    Standard value
    2.3 -3.0 k ohms at 20’c
    0.30 - 0.42 k ohms at 80’c
    I got 5.0 k ohms, yes 5.0 k ohms checked it several times.
    With a hair dryer on it, it raised to 5.2k ohms.
    To be this far out and not giving a fault has me wondering if I was doing it correctly, and do not want to spend money if I don’t have to.

I do not have any fault codes or lights on the dash, It was just to see if there was a reason besides being 2 ton for its fuel consumption.
    Only seem to get 500 kms from tank, usually fill up when light comes on 75litres, which doesn’t really change with driving technique, and it only gets worse when towing, hence why we brought the NW.
    Has been the same way since we brought it 12 years and 230000kms ago.
    Also checked the oxygen sensor and it tested good.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Scooby; 16-05-20, 08:03 AM. Reason: Corrections.
    Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.
  • Scooby
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2011
    • Ipswich, Qld.

Edited original post with correct information using the written down results instead of the remembered ones.
    Scooby, Scott, Scooter, Whatever.

Pajero 2013 NW VRX DID Auto. Basically Stock. 300k. Heavier rear springs to tow the GG’s. Automate also to tow the GG,s.

Pajero 2002 NM GLS V6 Auto. Basically stock. 385k.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
    Working...
    X