• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tenacity
    • Oct 2019
    • Willetton WA

Footrest - 2019 NX

My 2019 NX doesn't come with a conventional footrest, has a hump covered in carpet but no hard rubber pedal type cover as you'd expect. This seems to be common practice now as I've seen the same omission on other new vehicles. Seen a few posts on this with suggestions to lift the carpet, remove the polystyrene block underneath, cut a hole in the carpet and bolt on a footrest from a previous model. Seems a bit radical to me so I simply cut a 3mm thick piece of rubber to size, then stuck on full length hook & loop velcro to the back of the rubber which then attaches securely to the top of the carpet. All up cost < $30 and around 15 minutes of effort. Serves the purpose of protecting the carpet so will see how this goes, should be ok as the attachment seems quite secure with excellent coverage. Photos attached:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Footrest - without cover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	148.5 KB
ID:	998971

Click image for larger version

Name:	Footrest - with cover.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	998972
    2019 NX Pajero
    OEM Alloy Bull-Bar, Bushranger Nighthawke Light Bar, Whispbar roof bars, Uniden UH8080S, Provent 200 Catch-can, Redarc tow-pro
  • Pixie_au
    • Apr 2019
    • Queensland

When you see how even a hard, thick rubber pad wears through after several years it seems very short sighted of Mitsubishi to just leave a carpet covering.

I have just placed a thin rubber mat across it for now but might sort out something more robust one day

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• dc80
      • Jan 2019
      • Perth

If you know anyone with a 3D printer, this is another way to go which I've done.

MK II - added herringbone pattern for extra grip. The existing LH footrest in the Mitsubishi NW Pajero sits an uncomfortable 40 mm further away from the left foot than the brake pedal. My father and I designed this Thing in Autodesk 123D to balance up the foot position. The footrest is affixed to the existing foam underlay using four wood screws.

Just required 4 self tapping screws into the foam behind, seems to be quite solid and secure.
      2016 NX GLS MY16 | MMA towbar | Boo's bash plates | ProVent 200 catch can | 2" Lovells MD (F+R) + Bilsteins | Stedi 28" ST4K | Falken Wildpeak AT3W 265/60R18 | Yokohama Geolandar G015 LT265/70R17 | iDRIVE | Redarc Tow Pro Elite | Nautia switch panel

Comment

• Mundy55
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2015
        • Gold Coast

I did the same as Tenacity but with some remnant black carpet I'd used to cover my rear drawer system. Works a treat.

Comment

• NFT5
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2011
          • Canberra

The genuine one, for a Gen3 and sourced through Amayama, cost me $26 delivered.

Seemed a better proposition than something that might not work as well and cost more.
          Chris

Comment

• Ian H
            Valued Member
            • May 2015
            • Melbourne

I got the one from Amayama too. Cheap and easy to fit.
            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Keithyv
              Valued Member
              • May 2018
              • Perth

Anyone have the part number for the footrest?
              2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
              MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

• Tenacity
                • Oct 2019
                • Willetton WA

Yes, a part # would be handy please as I've looked up the Amayama site and it asks for the VIN# which I have but then the process gets convoluted asking for a chassis # which I don't have so a distinct part # will be handy. My modification will no doubt work but will replace with a genuine part if reasonable and easy to do.
                2019 NX Pajero
                OEM Alloy Bull-Bar, Bushranger Nighthawke Light Bar, Whispbar roof bars, Uniden UH8080S, Provent 200 Catch-can, Redarc tow-pro

Comment

• Old Paj
                  Pajero Club Life Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • Heathcote, Vic

Foot Rest

The original NP footrest from Mitsubishi was sub $40 when I did mine about 12 months ago. Not home ATM but do have the part no. Will post once home on Thu.
                  NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• Ian H
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2015
                    • Melbourne

All the info is in this thread.....

2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                      Valued Member
                      • Jun 2019
                      • Brisbane

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
                      All the info is in this thread.....

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ight=foot+rest
                      Located on thread stuck into Amayama looks like footrest MR402160 & MR402165

Cart. New & genuine Japanese car parts. Fast shipping. Low prices. Request a quote from Amayama Trading Co. online.
                      Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• Ian H
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2015
                        • Melbourne

That link is empty.
                        Try these

Mitsubishi MR402160 FOOTREST. New & genuine Japanese car parts. Fast shipping. Low prices. Request a quote from Amayama Trading Co. online.

Mitsubishi MR402165 CAP,FOOTREST. New & genuine Japanese car parts. Fast shipping. Low prices. Request a quote from Amayama Trading Co. online.

Comment

• Coleman
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Canberra

I just ordered my set last night, should have them by the end of nov,
                          Cant wait to install given the feedback from other owners.
                          2013 Glxr Pajero
                          Arb bullbar installed, HID IPF driving lights. 1" Bilstein and Kings Springs suspension

Sold
                          2012 PB Challenger. ARB Bullbar. Uniden UHF. ARB underbody protection. Cargo Barrier. Mitsu towbar. Lightforce 170 striker driving lights.

Comment

• Coleman
                            • Jun 2013
                            • Canberra

I have just finished the install of the foot rest. Pretty straight forward, although i did have to elongate the bottom mounting hole. I also tried a hex nut with a cut down bolt from the top, but couldnt line it up to save myself, so i installed a long threaded rod into the hex coupler and secured with another nut top and bottom.
                            Then applied a nut and washer through to secure. One thing that i did modify was the foam block, i didnt like the hollow feeling fully removing it left so i cut it down and reinserted. As the footrest tightens down it pulls the carpet tight against the foam.
                            All in all very happy with the end result, again couldnt or wouldnt have known about the footrest without this fantastic forum.
                            2013 Glxr Pajero
                            Arb bullbar installed, HID IPF driving lights. 1" Bilstein and Kings Springs suspension

Sold
                            2012 PB Challenger. ARB Bullbar. Uniden UHF. ARB underbody protection. Cargo Barrier. Mitsu towbar. Lightforce 170 striker driving lights.

Comment

• [TUFFTR]
                              • Jun 2018
                              • Victoria

Thread mine!
                              I’ve installed mine today and noticed it doesn’t sit flush. Thought this was weird as it’d be a bolt in item.
                              Is this why you enlongated the bottom hole? To get it to sit flush?
                              1993 Mitsubishi Magna/4L V6 DOHC 24v
                              1991 Mitsubishi Pajero High-Roof JDM Import/4D56T
                              2009 Mitsubishi Pajero NT VRX/3.2 DiD

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X