• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stmedxb4
    • Jan 2010
    • Dubai

NP Heater Blower Relay location

Can anyone tell me where the relay is located that controls the heater blower on a 2006 NP SWB 3.8 petrol? I have changed the small black one at the top of the under-dash block - but that hasnt fixed my dead heater fan. Maybe the right relay is one of the two blue ones? I have struggled to find a good diagram of the under-dash fuse box above the pedal box. Any help appreciated.
  • Easykill1978
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008
    • Melbourne Vic

yeah its tough..

the box behind the fuses is called the BCM (body controll module) and it doesnt control the heater/cooling system. it has the fuses and such.

pm your email address.. i got the diagrams.

Thanks
    My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

• stmedxb4
      • Jan 2010
      • Dubai

PM sent

Thanks Easykill -- pm sent with my contact email address

Comment

• Aussie_Dan
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2010
        • Cairns

Is your blower motor resistor pack okay?
        This is a common reason for fan issues on all cars...
        Cheers, Dan.
        2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

• rover5520
          • Feb 2015
          • Snowtown,SA.

Hello Dan,
          Where is the resistor pack,please?Is it easly identified?Any tips are welcome,the vehicle is an auto 3.2 diesel,built august '05.
          Thank you for any help,
          Lindsay.

Comment

• Squizy
            • Dec 2008
            • Melbourne

Blower fan relay/fuse... ?

Hey team
            I have read a few posts on here about the heater blower fan. I am trying to understand the issues as mine stopped working today (NP 2005 3.2 DiD). Please help, I have checked all fuses, both within the engine bay and cabin - all appear to be in order. What now?
            - 05 Paj 3.2DiD

Comment

• GHendo
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2012
              • Northern NSW

Mine stopped working a couple of years ago and the air con bloke simply pulled it out from under the dash, cleaned and lubricated the bearing and so far it's behaved ever since.

Cheers
              Geoff
              03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• Squizy
                • Dec 2008
                • Melbourne

Thanks Geoff
                I am thinking this is electrical as the A/C light in the centre of the switch does not cone on either.
                - 05 Paj 3.2DiD

Comment

• Terryo
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Where ever we are parked, traveling full time

Any thing like this

There is a 40 amp relay up under the dash that might be the problem.

Terry
                  2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously
                  NH 1992 GLS 3.0 V6 13 years
                  NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD 12 years

Comment

• Squizy
                    • Dec 2008
                    • Melbourne

Originally posted by Terryo View Post
                    Any thing like this

There is a 40 amp relay up under the dash that might be the problem.

Terry
                    Thanks Terry

This may just solve the issue.

New shocks, springs and airbgs booked in to be fitted this week. Next week I wl take it to the Auto Elec to have the clock spring in the steering wheel replaced and will add this to his list.

Cheers

Squiz
                    - 05 Paj 3.2DiD

Comment

• HYDRO FAN
                      • Nov 2009
                      • Adelaide

Hi Terry, where abouts under the dash is this 40 amp relay, this may solve my problem.

Thanks
                      Russell

Comment

• Terryo
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2007
                        • Where ever we are parked, traveling full time

Russel,

I didn't track the exact location down as it was the day before I left on a month long trip and I gave it to the mechanic to work out. All he said was it was up under the dash. Havn't had any problems since so the problem must have been fix by replacing that relay.

Terry
                        2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously
                        NH 1992 GLS 3.0 V6 13 years
                        NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD 12 years

Comment

• HYDRO FAN
                          • Nov 2009
                          • Adelaide

Cabin fan relay

Found the cabin fan relay, there is a small panel near the drivers right knee near the front door, remove the cover and there is two blue relays low in the panel, the one the right is for the window wipers the one the left is for the cabin fan. It is a 12 volt 30 amp 4 pin relay,couldnt find a 4 pin so used a 5pin relay and all is well. Cabin fan now works as does the A/C.

Comment

• brianwanless
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • Mackay Nth Qld

Thanks Hydro fan. It was the blue relay on the left. Everywhere shut today but l had a spare 4 pin spotlight relay that did the job.
                            NP did, auto, mags, aux tank, bullbar, hid spots, leds, uhf, engine watchdog, safari chip, anderson plug, fridge socket, gps, snorkel, airbags, sidesteps, dual batteries, hr towbar, brake controller, torque convertor lockup switch, slotted discs, stainless braided brake hoses, led rev lights.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X