• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Peterng
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2013
    • Northern Rivers NSW

Luci String Lights..

I picked these up whilst I was at Tentworld and they were having a "sale"..

The first of its kind, Luci Solar String Lights are multi-use solar lights—with a mobile charger— ready for your backyard or the backcountry. Great for camping, hiking, patio lights, vanlife, glamping, outdoor, splash resistant and inside decor lights. Like all Luci products, Solar String Lights harness the power of th

It was in this forum I wrote about the Luci inflatable lantern...which I bought another 2 about six months ago and have used them constantly when I am camping...so much so in fact..I hardly use the campertrailer's 12v Led lighting system much...which saves the Ahrs..for the 80ltr fridge and the water pump..
    I use these inflatable lanterns constantly when we are "4wd tour" camping and can take them into out "Bunkerbeds" and have light to ready by.

Anyway the string light will be perfect for the campertrailer annex and around sitting campsite..the beauty of the string light, is that is rolls up into its own container that is solar powered. Plus if you want a boost charge it..there is a USB male plug on the end of the LED light string you can use to "charge up"..also there is a USB connection built in, whwre you can charge up your phone or small hand device..

Yep...Camping technology...it's getting better alll the time...
  • Betty
    • Jan 2017
    • Northeast Victoria

I bought a Luci Lantern on your recommendation. Love it! Wanting to get more also, but have been considering the string lights. Let us know how they perform. Cheers Claudette.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Comment

• Peterng
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2013
      • Northern Rivers NSW

There is another Luci.model...where you can turn the light to yellow...helps with the bugs..but we have have little problem with bugs as we have the "Thermocell" fired up..
      We have had 4 Luci lights for about 2 years..bloody good piece of kit...just so versatile in their use and charge free via the sun when we place them on the Paj dash board in between camping stops..get out...blow them up and they are all ready to go.
      They were originally designed for providing cheap light to indigenous villages in Africa because they do not have electric power..but moved into the camping / outdoor industry..

The string model, we will use around the Campertrailer annex..or hang along the roof rack when we are 4wd touring and have heaps of light...with the other Luci lanterns at our campsite will be light up like the MCG..and not Deep Cycle Ahr being used in the process..
      Last edited by Peterng; 11-10-19, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• Ian H
        Valued Member
        • May 2015
        • Melbourne

I've had my Luci blow up light for a couple of years also. Great bit of kit for camping and charges on the dash while travelling, same as Peterng does.
        2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• Peterng
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2013
          • Northern Rivers NSW

So when I was camping last weekend,I went and tried out the Luci String Lights.
          This was much to my better half's amusement as she just shook her head when I got the string light out and started putting it up.
          "Not more Lights!" was her remark..but as I mentioned..."many injuries sustained whilst on camping duties can be traced back to poor visibility around the camp site".
          "These are different.." I remarked..
          Anyway when I was finished and admired my makeshift handiwork, she was quiet surprised on the length of the string and the amount of light bulbs that came out of a small package, which is about 3.5 meters
          When night fell..I switched them on and they worked a treat..for there are 3 settings..low, middle and high, so there is a different lighting mood for every camper.
          I positioned the string lights on the inside of the outer edge of the annex and the light was reflected back into the annex area of about 40sq mtrs. Reading magazines/papers etc no real problem even on the lowest setting, whilst on the high setting, there was a good difference in light intensity. The reflection off the inside of the canvas annex would have contributed some what to the ambient light.
          Stringing up the lights was no real problem, for there is a couple of hooks you double back the string cord to hook onto when you got to the end.
          The lights were used for about 3 hours on the high setting after sunset on three occasions and when I checked the battery indicator, it was still 3/4 full, so that was quiet good.
          There are many solar string lights on the market, but these solve a couple of problems..
          1/. It packs away easily in to a small round hard case.
          2/. It has a good light emitting capability.
          3/. Solar panel is designed as part of the hard case.
          4/. It is light weight.
          5/. Quiet well constructed.
          6/. It has a USB socket female for charging phones etc, a male USB plug for receiving charge as well as giving charge.

Overall 4 out of 5.
          When compared to the other Luci products, well the string lights are just that bit more expensive and there are other similar products in the recreational market.

Today Lachlan from Tentworld Ferntree Gully shows us around the Luci Solar String Light. To buy your own Luci Pro Solar String Lights or to learn more pleas...
          Last edited by Peterng; 23-11-19, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X