Clear All
  • RUGGA
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2014
    • Adelaide

NM / NP DiD life

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
    Those are impressive figures!

A Gen 3 that's survived that long must have some stories to tell!

It really continues to surprise me, I love this car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RUGGA; 27-06-19, 10:48 PM.
    02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• uditha
      • Oct 2015
      • Carigieburn, Vic

Mine just jumped over to the 301K - 400K Km bracket.
      Value stem seals need replacement.
      2002 Pajero NM Exceed, 3.5Lt, 5 SP Auto
      Uniden UH7760NB CB Radio, 20" Slim LED Light Bar, Kings Awning, Stock size A/T tyres

Comment

• Lance
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2009
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by uditha View Post
        Mine just jumped over to the 301K - 400K Km bracket.
        Value stem seals need replacement.
        Mine is about to do the same, and nothing needs replacement

I'm gonna die with this Paj of mine

2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
        2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• Kingmarz
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2016
          • South Island New Zealand

02 NM Pajero I purchased 8 months ago at 375000km for $4500nz I brought it off a guy who worked for MM and he said previous owner had spent $5k on pump recon in 20017 @ approximately 350k but had no prof of this but I believed him as when he started it from cold with me standing at rear I couldn’t even tell what side exhaust was on he also said previous owner mostly done highway kms. Engine has now done 407,000km and still running perfect and uses zero oil between changes and power and economy is good. EGR was blanked by a previous owner but I’ve taken it a step further by removing complete system including cooler and bracket. Since purchasing I’ve done the some mods mostly to engine as follows.
          Turbosmart dual stage boost controller with high and low boost switch
          EGR removal
          Bash plate modification to allow twice as much air in
          ECU chip
          Inlet plastic stationary turbine thingy removed
          K&N air filter
          Raw Nitro shock absorbers replacement
          Inlet manifold clean
          Kinugawa 15T 56mm turbo upgrade
          Inlet butterfly removal
          Polished lifter cover
          EGT gauge
          Boost gauge
          Water temperature gauge
          Catch can
          Cat removal

Pajero pulls hard at 21psi and has no trouble spinning both rear wheels in wet even with brand new Maxxis 980’s and I always get comments from friends and family about how much grunt it has. Turbo upgrade has very little lag and is great of the line. I plan on getting a snorkel in the coming weeks and also a Fuel Cut Defender so I can run more boost without going into limp mode I want to run about 29psi which may sound crazy for and engine with over 400k but I’m confident that it’ll handle it I’m also exploring the possibilities of adding a lift/booster fuel pump but more research needed.
          02 NM Pajero 3.2 DID Auto with Snorkel, Turbosmart Dual Stage Boost Controller, Kinugawa 15T Hybrid turbo with 56mm Billet compressor wheel and extended tips, 2” lift, 3” straight through turbo back exhaust, EGR Removal, ECU Piggyback Chip, Raw Nitro shockies, 22” Black Rhino wheels & 33x12.5 mud tyres, EGT, boost and engine temp gauges, catch can, Synergy 4b Ronbox, K&N air filter, 320x300 Front mount intercooler with 3” polished inlet piping, 4 Bar MAP sensor @29psi many other mods

Comment

• shaggs1958
            • Jul 2019
            • darwin

2005 NP Exceed 152,000 no issues with motor or pump ( suspension needs doing)

Comment

• anycolourfloyd
              • Feb 2017
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post

It really continues to surprise me, I love this car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              you inspire us all RUGGA. have you had to replace the pump?

i'm at about 320K and in the near future the timing chain needs to be replaced, the manifold should be cleaned and the pump issue concerns me. i love the car but $5k on a pump gives me pause. torn between going all in on it or saying she'll be right for a couple more years then upgrading to an NT/NW.

anyway, here's a pic from the Coorong last week with a mate's NP.

2002 NP DiD Manual

Comment

• Andyjanks
                • Mar 2019
                • Perth, WA

NP Exceed 2004

First post here. Great site - love it.

Had my 2004 NP Exceed diesel auto for a couple of months now and am really enjoying it. I had a petrol Paj in the 90's so this was always going to happen....

Has service history from new, with no mention of fuel pump change so assume it is still original.

Has 234 000 km. Very nice condition. I just bought new MARS LED rear lights which work great (had a few occasions where I was nearly rear ended and it looks like it has had a gentle rear ender incident somewhere in it's past life!).
                The only problem so far - the transmission died, so had it replaced with a 170 000km one from a wreckers. Didn't fit it myself even though I do all my own maintenance, got a great guy in Perth to do it - $2800.

I also have another 2004 Exceed that has 320 000km that I am wrecking myself, planning on keeping the good NP for many years so all the spares will come in very handy (fuel pump, turbo, pipes, HBB unit etc.). The only items I probably do not want to keep is the Exceed interior complete - maybe some-one with a GLS wants to "upgrade" to leather and wood - Ha Ha!

If problems come up I will just fix them - I am keeping this car running for the next 10 years!
                NP 2004 Exceed, DiD, 234 000k, auto, 2" lift, snorkel

Comment

• Terryo
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2007
                  • Where ever we are parked, traveling full time

How do you get into the over 400K club. When I entered the poll I was under 400K
                  Attached Files
                  2015 NX GLX DiD,MM Steel bullbar, Ultimate Suspension 2” lift, King 9’ LED driving lights, Uniden UHF, TJM underbody protection, Engine Watchdog. Munji EGR delete cable.Dual battery. Ultra Guage, Fuel Manager primary fuel filter. KAON Cargo barrier. Drifta drawer and fridge slide. MM4x4 Automate Pro. In tow,Track Trailer T van.

Previously
                  NH 1992 GLS 3.0 V6 13 years
                  NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD 12 years

Comment

• uditha
                    • Oct 2015
                    • Carigieburn, Vic

Originally posted by Terryo View Post
                    How do you get into the over 400K club. When I entered the poll I was under 400K
                    Good question.
                    Now I'm in 301k - 400k group. Was 232k when the poll was started.
                    2002 Pajero NM Exceed, 3.5Lt, 5 SP Auto
                    Uniden UH7760NB CB Radio, 20" Slim LED Light Bar, Kings Awning, Stock size A/T tyres

Comment

• TJ845
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Melbourne

Injection pump developed a slight leak around 50,000km after a Simpson trip - dealer elected to replace the whole pump under warranty rather than try to fix it. Not a problem since then (replacement was over 10 years ago, I've owned it since new).

Comment

• AlfA01
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Greece

335,000 km on mine. Replaced the gearbox at 305k. New brushes in the starter motor. New harmonic balancer. Original pump.

Comment

• Peoplesvic
                          • Feb 2017
                          • Brisbane

450,000. Needed a new pump, Was original til then. On its second starter motor. and the turbo was replaced around 320,00km. auto has been serviced, but still on the original. Just running into the usual things now such as wheel bearings.

Comment

• A Sweaty Pajero
                            • Jul 2014
                            • Perth, WA

around 290,000kms*, swapped my old 3 door gen 4 3.8L paj for it, as i needed 4 seats and the fuel economy wasn't that great, has a twin battery set up, towing controller, aux tank, arb bulbar, lights also got a full set of bash plates for $300. I had it for maybe 6 months and the old injector pump let go, bought a 2nd hand pump for $800 from scammy WA Auto Parts in Welshpool in W.A, which of course they said it was all good, my mechanic (Mr Pajero) fitted it and it was no good lesson learnt don't buy from wreckers you have a bad feeling about, bought another for $450 from a new wrecker place in Malaga. mechanic fitted and it was all good, i believe it is a rebuilt pump as it has yellow paint marks on the housing so hopefully don't run into any issues down the track, but will be selling it soon due to getting my other Pajero back on the road and i don't use it for what its got the misses also has an opinion on how many cars i can have
                            1999 NL 3.5L 3" suspension, 2" body, 35" tyres and a custom front difff drop with sway bar still in.

2003 NM 3.2L diesel (injector pump issue)

Comment

• conquistador
                              Valued Member
                              • Feb 2012
                              • sth east queensland

2004 NP Exceed

330K Engine going good. No smoke, No oil use, No surging, no run on. 🤞
                              2nd Starter cheap
                              2nd Brake ABS HBB assembly....expensive.
                              Rebuilt Power Steer. Cheap.

Replaced transmission solenoids (cheap) and 2nd hand front drive shaft (expensive, rare as rocking horse $hit) that the boot had cracked at the rear.

To do
                              Aircon fan and regulator
                              Rear Mits Badge needs resticking

That is all.

How do I do the poll?

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                                Valued Member
                                • Aug 2016
                                • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by conquistador View Post
                                2004 NP Exceed

330K Engine going good. No smoke, No oil use, No surging, no run on. 🤞
                                2nd Starter cheap
                                2nd Brake ABS HBB assembly....expensive.
                                Rebuilt Power Steer. Cheap.

Replaced transmission solenoids (cheap) and 2nd hand front drive shaft (expensive, rare as rocking horse $hit) that the boot had cracked at the rear.

How do I do the poll?
                                Go to page 1 of the thread here. https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...fe#post1121804

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X