Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Lots of Challengers for sale with low kms. Should I be worried?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • turbopsi
    • Mar 2012
    • Melbourne

Lots of Challengers for sale with low kms. Should I be worried?

Hi all. I'm still on the hunt for a 2014+ PC challenger that's in the condition and price I needed it to be. Seems to be quite a few in other states vs VIC.

What I have noticed is quite a few being sold with under 50k-60k kms. If I compare this to the Pajero, most seem to have higher kms by the time there put up for sale.

Should I be worried that owners are not happy with the challengers and selling them of early to buy something else? If I'm happy with a vehicle I tent to hold on to it.

Cheers.
  • bsperka
    • Jan 2013
    • Carindale

End of 3 or 4 year lease perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

• turbopsi
      • Mar 2012
      • Melbourne

Originally posted by bsperka View Post

Yes, that's a possibility.

Comment

• littleriver
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2013
        • Queensland

Originally posted by bsperka View Post

x2

172 for sale is not so bad it's half that of what Pajero Sports are for sale and only been around 3 yrs ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Seigried
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2016
          • brisbane

I agree with what others have already said. Back in mid 2013 mitshubishi had a massive novated leasing discount on the pajero. It may be that thay also did the same on the challenger. 3 to 4 year are fairly common lease periods.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Comment

• PT75
            • Sep 2017
            • SE Suburbs, Melbourne

Originally posted by turbopsi View Post
            Hi all. I'm still on the hunt for a 2014+ PC challenger that's in the condition and price I needed it to be. Seems to be quite a few in other states vs VIC.

What I have noticed is quite a few being sold with under 50k-60k kms. If I compare this to the Pajero, most seem to have higher kms by the time there put up for sale.

Should I be worried that owners are not happy with the challengers and selling them of early to buy something else? If I'm happy with a vehicle I tent to hold on to it.

Cheers.
            Gday mate. It’s funny you say that because I’m exactly in the same boat as you. I’ve been looking for the right challenger for months and the ones that do interest me are interstate. I don’t think anything is wrong with them, could be as the others said. Well at least they’re still under factory warranty. I may be going up next week to look at one in nsw. Should be fun lol

Comment

• DID Dash
              • Aug 2016
              • Australia

Few moving their Challengers on for Pajero Sport during recent EOFY sales? I did, nothing wrong, just time for a change.
              17MY Pajero Sport, Factory Towbar, King Springs KCRS-23/Pedders 5899 Cones, 265/70R17 A/T's for the rough trips.

Comment

• PeePee
                Valued Member
                • Oct 2012
                • Brisbane

Mine is a Dec 11 MY12 model that just clocked 75,000. I have a company car and use that which keeps my k’s down. I would only consider selling mine now if I was offered a price that was too good to be true.

I have spent heaps on it and runs very well now and gets me everywhere I want to go. Have joined a 4wd club again so might get out and us it more I hope.
                MY12 LS Challenger (cool silver) - 7 seater with ARB Deluxe Bar, IPF Driving Lights, Safari Snorkel, Stainless Bashplate, Ultimate Suspension Lift, Redarc electric brakes, ERPS, Dual Battery (Redarc DC/DC), Icom UHF, Rhino sports bars / platform, ARB Awning and Mickey Thompson ATZ P3's.

Comment

• turbopsi
                  • Mar 2012
                  • Melbourne

Thanks guys. Anyone know where to locate the engine number on them? I'm looking at an interstate 2014 model but want to confirm when the engine was built. Vic rego checks make this process easy as the online check returns VIN and engine number from rego. Interstate checks aren't as accommodating.

Comment

• Tone13
                    • May 2014
                    • Victoria

Mine has just hit 200,000km and the only issue I have had is the rear diff lock stopped working. It was an easy fix and under warranty at the time.
                    While the Challenger feels a bit cheaply built, it has stood the test of time with kids, dogs, camping trips and driven daily.

I think many owners may have just updated to the Pajero Sport.
                    2012 Challenger XLS (Blue), Factory Nudge Bar, Full Length Bushskinz, OzTec Outback Shocks with Kings Springs (+50mm), Bridgestone Dueller LT697 A/T's, Rhino Aero bars.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X