• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveXT
    • Mar 2010
    • Melbourne Outer East

"SRS / Airbag light"

My SRS light has come on today and after a few restarts it remains on.
    I have checked my Scangauge and there is no code showing.
    I have checked the manual and it warns against fitting a non standard bullbar with the SRS.
    My ARB Bar was fitted about 18 months ago and I fear the dealer may deny a warranty claim because of the Bullbar.
    Any thoughts?
  • RMX
    • Apr 2011
    • Melbourne

I'd be very surprised if the ECU hasn't thrown a fault code, The scangauge will only pickup generic fault codes. I dare say what ever fault will be mitsubishi specific.

The quickest way to diagnose it will be to visit a dealer and have them connected it to their MUTIII.

It could be something as simple as a connector has worked it way loose or your battery may be failing (dropped cells can throw odd-ball stuff like airbag lights) or it could be more serious and a sensor or module has failed and needs to be replaced.

You'll really only get a decent idea after visiting a dealer.

I'd be very surprised if warranty was denied based on an aftermarket bar..
    The first XROX equipped Challenger.

XROX Bar and Rock Sliders, 4" Stainless Steel Snorkel by Raslarr Engineering, 3" Lift with Dobinson MRR Remote Reservoir Shocks and Dobinson Springs, 33s, KMC HD Heist Wheels, Winch, Boo's Bash Plates, Locked, HID's, 9" & 4" LED Spotlights, Tinted, Custom Roof Console with UHF and relocated MFC, Custom rear storage with drawer, fridge slide, hard wired air compressor and 15" Rockford Fosgate subwoofer

*Click links above to be taken to each build post*

Comment

• ScottB
      • Mar 2011
      • Newcastle

I had the SRS light come on a few months ago. It turned out to be a connection issue with the side airbag. They checked all the connections and it was an easy fix after they found the bad one.

Good luck.

ScottB
      2011 PB LS Auto in Ironbark, Reverse Sensors, Dueler 694LT, BushSkinz bash plates, factory towbar. Ultimate Suspension lift.

Comment

• Boonybabe
        • Nov 2011
        • Newcastle

My SRS light has also been on for a few weeks. The dealer finally tracked it down to a faulty side air bag. It took him a couple of weeks to order one in and Ive got it booked next week to be replaced.

It apparently took them a while to track the fault down - around half a day.

It sounds as though SRS faults are quite common. Lucky we have the warranty.
        2011 Challenger LS, ARB Deluxe Bar, Bridgestone AT, Light Force Spotties, Bush Skinz Plates, 2" Ultimate Suspension

Comment

• Cadddyman
          • Mar 2010

When my light cam on when tuoring Tasmania in January. Took it to the dealer in Hobart.

I had disconnected the passenger seat mounted airbag, when i pushed the big Camps 6 book under the seat..........

They reconnected, and been good ever since.
          2010 Challenger XLS

Comment

• Cory
            • Jun 2008

Mine came on this morning - bad timing - its Friday and i am going away in the morning. Cant get the dealer to look at it till next week, so I might just see if I can check all the connections for side airbags. My sons car's airbag light came on and after a bit of fiddle farting around it turned out to be a loose connection under the seat, so hopefully this is the same deal... One thing though - will the airbag light go off if I find a loose connection, or does this need to get cleared by the dealer..
            Last edited by Cory; 11-05-12, 12:42 PM. Reason: Add query

Comment

• dultim8
              • Feb 2010

I had the same fault code a month or so back.
              Side airbag connector..
              seems like a really common problem

Comment

• Roadrunner
                • Mar 2010
                • Tassie

When mine came on the dealer said they used some grease in the connectors that makes the connections corrode. They already knew about the problem and cleand the passanger airbag connection. All good now.

Matt

Comment

• Challenged2010
                  • Jul 2010
                  • Naracoorte, SA

Originally posted by DaveXT View Post
                  My SRS light has come on today and after a few restarts it remains on.
                  I have checked my Scangauge and there is no code showing.
                  I have checked the manual and it warns against fitting a non standard bullbar with the SRS.
                  My ARB Bar was fitted about 18 months ago and I fear the dealer may deny a warranty claim because of the Bullbar.
                  Any thoughts?
                  Mine's been on 3 times over the past year. The stealer hasn't been able to fix it yet, just clear the codes. Latest "idea" is to replace the SRS computer, whatever that is...
                  Dave
                  2010 Silver Challenger LS auto, ARB Deluxe Bar, EDS full length custom bash plates, Airtek Snorkel, Narva 225 broad beam kit with HID conversion, 2" lift with OME suspension, Yokohama Geolandar AT-S 265-65-17

Comment

• DaveXT
                    • Mar 2010
                    • Melbourne Outer East

I have decided to try clearing the light/code by disconnecting the battery but not sure if this will create other issues.

Comment

• Challenged2010
                      • Jul 2010
                      • Naracoorte, SA

Originally posted by DaveXT View Post
                      I have decided to try clearing the light/code by disconnecting the battery but not sure if this will create other issues.
                      Unlikely to make a difference, didn't work when I tried it but you never know!
                      Dave
                      2010 Silver Challenger LS auto, ARB Deluxe Bar, EDS full length custom bash plates, Airtek Snorkel, Narva 225 broad beam kit with HID conversion, 2" lift with OME suspension, Yokohama Geolandar AT-S 265-65-17

Comment

• Cory
                        • Jun 2008

I could not find an obvious problem with mine, so got the dealer to have a look, and they have decided it is a fault in the drivers side seatbelt pre-tensioner, so they will replace that.

Comment

• aldoo
                          • Jul 2010
                          • Central Coast NSW

Mine SRScame on at around 16k the dealer did short check and reset. Came on again at 28k, dealer replaced side curtain airbag no fix. Kept the car for a couple of days but could not find anything. Its come back on at 44k so its back to dealer and probably the 45k service this week.
                          PB MY10, auto, terra rosa, alloy nudge bar, tow pack, CB GME TX3440, aerial AE4705

Comment

• Cory
                            • Jun 2008

About a month ago they replaced a drivers side seat belt pre-tensioner or something like that, and the airbag light stayed off for about 1 week, and then came back on. They are now planning on replacing the entire drivers side seat belt assembly (tomorrow) and all its associated bits which sort of says to me that they dont have any idea what is doing it and just keep putting new bits in until the problem is solved for good..

Comment

• DaveXT
                              • Mar 2010
                              • Melbourne Outer East

I had mine "fixed" about a month ago, they said it was a loose connection.
                              The "Fix" only lasted a day and I have not had time to take it back yet.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X