• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flying
    • Jul 2016
    • Sydney

Daintree tracks

Hi All,

Long shot I know but im just wondering if anyone is keen to do the creb track/ Bloomfield track next week preferably Thursday the 15th or Friday the 16th Nov. As long as it doesn't rain too much between now and then I'm expecting both to be pretty passable but always nice to have a buddy.

Cheers, Flying
    White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.
  • Shane.S
    • Jul 2018
    • Victoria

Originally posted by Flying View Post
    Hi All,

Long shot I know but im just wondering if anyone is keen to do the creb track/ Bloomfield track next week preferably Thursday the 15th or Friday the 16th Nov. As long as it doesn't rain too much between now and then I'm expecting both to be pretty passable but always nice to have a buddy.

Cheers, Flying
    I think from a recent report crab track is closed at present.
    Might be worth checking
    I will be up that way next year and plan to do it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Shane.S
      • Jul 2018
      • Victoria

Creb track I meant. Dam auto correct spelling

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Flying
        • Jul 2016
        • Sydney

Yeah seems to be conflicting info on the conditions site but seems to be open
        White 2016 Pajero Sport GLS, MM bullbar, HR towbar + andersen hitch, towpro, lovells 2" lift, cooper at3's, bushskinz, thule bars, clearviews, redarc bcdc + 110ah lithium, engel MRF40 fridge, GME TX3350, cel-fi go, ultragauge, idrive, nitro maxx 22" LED bar, awning, cargo barrier, ARB compressor.

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

I would make sure that you have someone else in another vehicle. CREB sees plenty of rollovers and accidents. Even if a sparrow pisses on the track...forget it. Dry...its a good track but as with any track....use 4wd and drive to conditions. I do believe there is a farcebook forum for the CREB

Local CREB Track conditions. 13,528 likes · 20 talking about this. Current CREB Track conditions provided by a long term local for all travelers
          Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Flying
            • Jul 2016
            • Sydney

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'll stick to the Bloomfield if I can't find another car to go with

Comment

• Danno47
              • Jul 2018
              • Townsville

The Bloomfield will be ok by yourself as long as you have good brakes and it's not wet, last time we did it 2yrs ago they were sealing up the really steep parts (33% in places!) with concrete so no probs there now. We towed a Tvan up there with the manual DMax I had then but admittedly that's something I wouldn't care to do again, definitely leave the trailers at home!. Was completely unprepared for how steep it was and had to stop part way up and put it into low range...it was quite the hill start on the very grippy concrete road! luckily it was mostly straight and didn't wind up. So without a trailer and dry it's just a good scenic drive.

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Danno47 View Post
                The Bloomfield will be ok by yourself as long as you have good brakes and it's not wet, last time we did it 2yrs ago they were sealing up the really steep parts (33% in places!) with concrete so no probs there now. We towed a Tvan up there with the manual DMax I had then but admittedly that's something I wouldn't care to do again, definitely leave the trailers at home!. Was completely unprepared for how steep it was and had to stop part way up and put it into low range...it was quite the hill start on the very grippy concrete road! luckily it was mostly straight and didn't wind up. So without a trailer and dry it's just a good scenic drive.

I did it last year with camper and tinny on top. About 1800kg. As said..it is steep in places and if towing going down or up could be nasty depending if the road / track is wet. If recent rains or raining I,d stick to the bituman. Its a really scenic track and if care taken it is well worth the effort. If it is wet and you are not towing then you should be right if you use low range 4wd in sports mode. Rivers/creeks wont be flowing much yet so...go for it. Just be careful on every corner once you get off the Daintree ferry. Always some dickhead who thinks he owns the road! Enjoy the drive...you,ll love it. ps..cash only for the Daintree ferry!!
                Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Flying
                  • Jul 2016
                  • Sydney

Thanks for the tips lads, bit of rain falling and more forecast so not sure how we will go... not loaded up and not towing though so should be all sweet as long as it doesn't rain too much...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X