• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cooperplace
    Valued Member
    • Oct 2010
    • adelaide

the CEL has gone off. Do error codes eventually clear themselves from the computer?

Comment

• cooperplace
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2010
      • adelaide

the CEL has gone off. Do error codes eventually clear themselves from the computer?

Comment

• craka
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2009
        • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by cooperplace View Post
        I didn't think a CEL would, but I'm unsure. Did you replace/fix the vacuum hose? Has it stopped throwing codes and ASC light at you?
        NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• erad
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Cooma NSW

OK, thanks, that would be great. The hose that was broken goes from the inlet manifold to a sensor on the firewall with a blue connector. And yes, it got a later model inlet manifold as part of a recall some years ago.

Hopefully my problem is fixed.

Thanks for the great advice, it sure helps.
          I think that you will find that the sensor on the firewall is the Barometric Pressure sensor, its output to be used in calculating how much oxygen is coming into the engine.

Comment

• cooperplace
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2010
            • adelaide

whatever the sensor is, it's connected to the inlet manifold. I replaced the broken hose and now it drives much better. CEL, ASC off lights have gone off and stayed off. Happy with the outcome.

I love this forum: great advice, and right on the money.

Comment

• craka
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009
              • Newcastle (Newie)

Originally posted by erad View Post
              I think that you will find that the sensor on the firewall is the Barometric Pressure sensor, its output to be used in calculating how much oxygen is coming into the engine.
              Sorry to correct you but it is known as a MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor, it is not an oxygen sensor it a pressure sensor used as feedback to adjust boost accordingly. And is indeed located where we discussed earlier in the post near the fuel filter.
              Here is another thread with photo and location.

Comment

• craka
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2009
                • Newcastle (Newie)

whatever the sensor is, it's connected to the inlet manifold. I replaced the broken hose and now it drives much better. CEL, ASC off lights have gone off and stayed off. Happy with the outcome.

I love this forum: great advice, and right on the money.
                Great to hear you've got it sorted.

Comment

• erad
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Cooma NSW

Originally posted by craka View Post
                  Sorry to correct you but it is known as a MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) sensor, it is not an oxygen sensor it a pressure sensor used as feedback to adjust boost accordingly. And is indeed located where we discussed earlier in the post near the fuel filter.
                  Here is another thread with photo and location.

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...3&postcount=18
                  It is not often that I am right and as usual, I am wrong again. Actually, what I should have said is that the MAF is sensing the airflow (indirectly the oxygen coming into the engine). The oxygen sensor in the exhaust determines how much of that oxygen is used and adjusts mixtures accordingly. In retrospect, I think that the sensor is actually measuring the manifold pressure so that the ECU can calculate how much fuel to inject. If the tube connecting it to the manifold gets blocked with gunk, it cannot accurately measure the pressure and the ECU gets all sorts of crazy readings.

Whatever, the OP is happy - it is going properly now.

Comment

• cooperplace
                    Valued Member
                    • Oct 2010
                    • adelaide

yep, I'm happy, thanks to great advice from people here. It's all good now. Power good, warning lights off.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X