X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • XXXceed
    • Oct 2013
    • Adelaide

Boy that is a good price for the clockspring, bit cheaper than a genuine Toyota one @ $502 !
    2004 NP exceed DI-D: Bilstein/Lovell 2"HD lift, Bushskinz guards & sliders,Tigerz 2x2.5 awning, Toyo Opat 2's, Safari snorkel, SR 3" exhaust

Comment

• dcollie87
      • Jan 2018
      • Brisbane

Video

Hi everyone,

Thanks for this thread! It helped me heaps! I did a video of it and thought I would post it as I couldn't find any on line. I hope this helps people. Sorry for the low quality video making, I'm no professional

David

Video link:

Comment

• Exgb
        • Mar 2018
        • Crib Point

Hi, can anyone tell me if there's a place I can check the clock spring wiring continuity easily before i go ahead and replace the clock spring.
        Thanks in advance
        2003 Pajero Exceed Auto 3.5 LPG

Comment

• deamit
          • Jan 2013
          • Elanora

Excellent thread and also YouTube video by dcollie87, gave me the confidence to fix my Cruise control. Purchased new clock spring on eBay for $65. Now it’s all good

Comment

• Perri
            • Jun 2017
            • Melbourne

I have removed the grub screw but the wheel only moves a few millimeters but will not come of the spline shaft no matter how hard I grab at the wheel and being 6"4 this should be an easy task for me . So the question is what am I doing wrong ? NM Pajero 2000 .

Comment

• RUGGA
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2014
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Perri View Post
              I have removed the grub screw .
              Did you watch the video posted above?

If so then with some tapping, hitting and some pulling force - you should succeed.

If not completely removed; then loosen more and try again.
              02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Perri
                • Jun 2017
                • Melbourne

Ok the thing not being explained here (Nor in the video) was that the spline shaft has a recess that the grub screw sits in and that the grub screw has to be fully unscrewed then the wheel will just slide straight off .

Comment

• RUGGA
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2014
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by Perri View Post
                  Ok the thing not being explained here (Nor in the video) was that the spline shaft has a recess that the grub screw sits in and that the grub screw has to be fully unscrewed then the wheel will just slide straight off .
                  Yes, if you still had trouble I was going to explain exactly that, because you can see it in the video. Well done.
                  02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Shopping Trolley
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2013
                    • Brisbane

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I am trying to confirm the part number for a 2004 NP DID clockspring. In one of the above posts 8619a015 is listed. Just don't want to go through the process of wrong parts, etc.
                    2003 NP DiD Auto: 265/75R16 Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T, dual batteries, Kings Springs and Monroe Shocks, to do list that is more expensive than the truck

Comment

• JohnnyWalker
                      • May 2017
                      • SE Qld

I fitted a new clockspring to my 2003 NP today.

All went well until I went to plug in the both cables coming down from the steering wheel,
                      only to find the socket for the black cable with grey plug didn't exist on the new clockspring,
                      as the area where the socket should be - having been blanked off.

What I purchased on Ebay was Part number : 8619A016
                      which the sales listing under Fitment stated that it was suitable for Mitsubishi Pajero NM NP 00-06
                      I'll fire off an email to the seller tonight and see what happens.
                      All the ID information on these clocksprings is written in Chinese,
                      so I cant confirm that what I recd was actually a 8619A016, as it was packaged in a plain white box

Thanks to all who contributed to the clockspring posts, the pajero forum is a great resource.

Comment

• stevemc181
                        Valued Member
                        • Sep 2012
                        • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by JohnnyWalker View Post
                        I fitted a new clockspring to my 2003 NP today.

All went well until I went to plug in the both cables coming down from the steering wheel,
                        only to find the socket for the black cable with grey plug didn't exist on the new clockspring,
                        as the area where the socket should be - having been blanked off.

What I purchased on Ebay was Part number : 8619A016
                        which the sales listing under Fitment stated that it was suitable for Mitsubishi Pajero NM NP 00-06
                        I'll fire off an email to the seller tonight and see what happens.
                        All the ID information on these clocksprings is written in Chinese,
                        so I cant confirm that what I recd was actually a 8619A016, as it was packaged in a plain white box

Thanks to all who contributed to the clockspring posts, the pajero forum is a great resource.
                        I accidentally bought the wrong clockspring for my NW which I’m pretty sure will fit your NP. It’s an original MM part I bought through Amayama for $200. I’ll let it go for $70 (NOW SOLD) posted anywhere in Australia. Otherwise it will just sit in my shed. Part number is 8619A015, check the attached pic and confirm these are the connections you require.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4E5E4C11-AB1A-4DAB-B3A0-AFCD60BE0B64.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	68.2 KB ID:	1074462
                        Last edited by stevemc181; 17-02-21, 03:47 PM.
                        2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                        3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Shopping Trolley
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2013
                          • Brisbane

Originally posted by Shopping Trolley View Post
                          Sorry to drag up an old thread but I am trying to confirm the part number for a 2004 NP DID clockspring. In one of the above posts 8619a015 is listed. Just don't want to go through the process of wrong parts, etc.
                          So I ordered part no. 8619a015 on ebay and got part no. F8-017497 delivered. F8-017497 is supposed to be an aftermarket replacement for the 8619a015 and 8619a016 (but I understand these have different plugs).
                          The plugs were wrong when it came time to fit.
                          Does anyone know what is the right part number for an MY04 DID? Are they the same part number as the petrol version?
                          2003 NP DiD Auto: 265/75R16 Yokohama Geolander G015 A/T, dual batteries, Kings Springs and Monroe Shocks, to do list that is more expensive than the truck

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
                            Valued Member
                            • Aug 2016
                            • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by Shopping Trolley View Post

So I ordered part no. 8619a015 on ebay and got part no. F8-017497 delivered. F8-017497 is supposed to be an aftermarket replacement for the 8619a015 and 8619a016 (but I understand these have different plugs).
                            The plugs were wrong when it came time to fit.
                            Does anyone know what is the right part number for an MY04 DID? Are they the same part number as the petrol version?
                            Put you VIN in this link.
                            Catalog Mitsubishi | Genuine Parts Catalogs | PartSouq Auto Parts Around the World

Comment

• oldn64
                              • Feb 2021
                              • Melbourne

That part will be listed in the volume Electrical 54-610. It should be 8619A015 and there is a mitsu subsitute of MR583931 it is known as Spring, airbag sensor.

Partsouq.com does have them in stoke, but verify that the part pictured is the spring you require. pic is not too clear but a VIN will give you the specific part to your vehicle.
                              95 White LWB Panda coloured GLS TD28 rebuilt running 18psi, 3" lift, 2" body lift, factory LSD maxxis bighorn MT - Club reg

Daughters - 2003 NP Exceed Silver, 2" Lift, new race prepped 3.5 v6 (high comp king race bearings, hasting race rings) ported heads & inlet. Rebuilt Auto, extra cooler.

Wifey - 2014 NW GLS White 3.2TD manual, 2" lift, 17" CSA Jackels, Maxxis Razr MT (275/70), bushskiz ubody, ARB Sahara, Smittybuilt 12000lbs Winch, dynema rope, twin batteries, GME tx4100, rear drawers

Comment

• Shopping Trolley
                                Valued Member
                                • Nov 2013
                                • Brisbane

Originally posted by oldn64 View Post
                                That part will be listed in the volume Electrical 54-610. It should be 8619A015 and there is a mitsu subsitute of MR583931 it is known as Spring, airbag sensor.

Partsouq.com does have them in stoke, but verify that the part pictured is the spring you require. pic is not too clear but a VIN will give you the specific part to your vehicle.
                                Thanks oldn64. I had previously done that to get the part number. So it looks like I got the part number right but still ended up with the wrong part.

I am now trying to figure out whether they have sent me the wrong part or is the internet wrong (both of which are highly likely events)? Then the next question is how to ensure I get the right part?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X