Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 6 Days Ago

Thanks guys for advice. Just become more urgent.

Driving home the car has just started to run slightly rough happened 3x times on way home (~30km drive). Does that mean DPF is almost fully blocked?

Looks like I'm out of time to shop around for answer. What do I tell mechanic to do? Sounds like replacing oil level sensor won't help. If he replaces oil and can't force it to regen will it just fill the sump with diesel again?

Or do I just take it to local MM dealer and pay the freight to fix it properly. Have to hope they know what they are doing.
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

its a hard one

i doubt you will find out what oil was used

i think you have to go the dealer route as the mechanic couldn't do a regen
Old 5 Days Ago

Thanks for advice. I have booked car into MM next Wed and will get them to tell me what is going on. If its worst case and needs the DPF replaced does anyone know what is the likely cost? Are there other options? I don't want to be taken for a ride.

I also got a quote (labour only) to install 2x front struts and 2x rear shocks for $450. Is that reasonable ? I can get set of KYBs Excel-Gs for around $470 or the Skorchers for ~$550. I plan to do 95+% road driving.

Nb the MM dealer quoted me ~$1300 to just replace the front struts.....hence my concern on possible cost for fixing the DPF issue.
Old 4 Days Ago

Just rechecked oil level and it has gone up. Now 20mm above top mark. So probably now have diesel in oil
I still have to dive it to MM dealer on Wed (~25kms). Will it be OK to drive it there or should I replace oil or get it tow there.

Also why does diesel end up in oil...seems strange. I'll read more posts
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benchy View Post
Just rechecked oil level and it has gone up. Now 20mm above top mark. So probably now have diesel in oil
I still have to dive it to MM dealer on Wed (~25kms). Will it be OK to drive it there or should I replace oil or get it tow there.

Also why does diesel end up in oil...seems strange. I'll read more posts
The fuel is preinjected into the cylinder to be sent down the exhaust to create the inceneration, some of it ends up in the sump.

Fuel is sent down the exhaust when the cat reaches over 200 degrees and basically acts like a blow touch incinerating the particles acumalated in the dpf.

I would consider dumping the oil and replacing it or a tow truck.
Old 2 Days Ago

Hey mate my NS paj diesel auto had flashing dpf light with no engine light i had to take it to a MM dealer to clear the code which was failed burn due to high oil level local mechanic's scan tool couldnt clear it mine oil level wasnt as high as yours tho good luck genuine dpfs are like 2000-2500 i think aftermarket ones just over 1 grand

Last edited by Chunk; 2 Days Ago at 10:44 PM.
Old 2 Days Ago

Thanks Guys for all the info.
I feel better prepared for discussing with MM on Wed. Hopefully it's a simple fix. I'm not driving the car and will organise a tow to them. I'll let you know how it goes.