Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > Pajero Sport

Pajero Sport The Pajero Sport new to Oz

Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Robust discussion here, and thankfully without any direct insults.

We have a fair idea what the pedal signal does and how the various actuators respond to driving signals from the ecu (turbo, scv etc), but what of that black box in between ?
The hallowed 'ecu'.

Could there be unknown features/functions within the ecu such as filtering, deadband, delays that yield a very different response (transfer function) of the ecu for extreme rate-of-change inputted from the throttle ?
Old 5 Days Ago
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbrown View Post
Robust discussion here, and thankfully without any direct insults.

We have a fair idea what the pedal signal does and how the various actuators respond to driving signals from the ecu (turbo, scv etc), but what of that black box in between ?
The hallowed 'ecu'.

Could there be unknown features/functions within the ecu such as filtering, deadband, delays that yield a very different response (transfer function) of the ecu for extreme rate-of-change inputted from the throttle ?
I agree with you 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj swb View Post
The aspect I don't think has been well-discussed is the effect they can have on "learning" systems. The following is a lot of guesswork - I'm not saying this does happen, I'm throwing it out there for discussion.

If somebody normally drives their vehicle sedately, the ECU may learn "sedate" behaviour, and respond accordingly. Perhaps, when a "sedate" driver mashes the throttle, the ECU responds a little more conservatively, to ensure the "sedate" driver doesn't get "caught out".

Put the controller in, and the "sedate" throttle application looks like "aggressive" application. The ECU learns that it has an "aggressive" driver, and responds differently in routine use.

Consequently, adding the controller might lead the factory "learning" ECU to learn that it has an "aggressive" driver, and perhaps use parameters more akin to a "Sports" mode.

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....
Old 5 Days Ago
Administrator

Love mine .certainly makes the paj more responsive.
Dave
Old 5 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
Love mine .certainly makes the paj more responsive.
Dave
Great thx, where did you stick the display? out of sight or on the dash?
Old 5 Days Ago
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlin1856 View Post
Great thx, where did you stick the display? out of sight or on the dash?
Just to the right of the steering wheel.
https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...t=49059&page=8

Dave
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
If you want to "go instantly" buy a Ferrari not a 4X4.
Why is it on this forum particularly, that whenever someone tries to improve the performance of their Pajero there is always someone suggesting they're trying to turn their 4wd into a race car?

It's like improving engine performance is taboo for some people....
Old 5 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotare View Post
Why is it on this forum particularly, that whenever someone tries to improve the performance of their Pajero there is always someone suggesting they're trying to turn their 4wd into a race car?

It's like improving engine performance is taboo for some people....
NB it's not this forum ... it may be some member's in particular

we want the best out of our 4wd's including longevity ... finding the happy medium is my goal ...

Old 5 Days Ago

I bought the Windbooster 2 years ago. Use it in sports mode. It does not increase the power of the car, it only make the throttle think you have pressed it quicker than you have. In saying that it has made the 2015 Challenger a pleasure to drive and got rid of some of the lag when you take off. We put it back on normal mode for towing as the we find under load the car torque converter becomes unlocked quicker which heats up the automatic temp. As it doesn't increase the power of the car in the normal mode it makes no difference when towing IMO. Cheers