Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Generation 4-1 Pajero

Generation 4-1 Pajero NS Model 2006 - 2009

Old 1 Week Ago

My understanding is gen 4 Short wheelbase models and long wheel base model without a subfloor have the jack upright. Long wheelbase 7 seater on its side in the subfloor.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Old 1 Week Ago
Valued Member

Touch wood, I have never used the OEM jack in my NW. I have a cheapie 2 ton trolley jack which I use if necessary. I struggle to lift the rear wheel when it is flat because of an asthmatic condition I have.

More importantly, when I had the flat tyre, the bulging of the tyre meant that I could not fit the jacking pad into the correct place under the rear suspension arm. It was in danger of slipping all the time it was on the jack.

So I went and bought a 2 tonne electric scissor jack. It lifts the front and rear wheels OK. I now have that electric jack in my wife's Outlander and I bought a 3 ton electric jack from fleabay to use under the Pajero. This was a disaster - it struggled to lift even the Outlander. I think it was 3000 lbs, not 3000 kg. I finished up getting my money back and now have a 5 tonne electric hydraulic jack (cost $212 or thereabouts).

I looked a the possibility of buying one of those aluminium low profile trolley jacks,but the wheels have such a wide wheelbase that they would certainly not fit under the correct jacking point when I had a flat tyre. The new Electric Hydraulic jack will comfortably fit under the lower control arm and lift it easily. The only drawback of this jack is that I have to crawl under the car to position the jack and also to control it (switch it on to raise and or lower the jack). Naturally, by having the good jack I won't need to use it (well, that is the idea anyway), but should I have to change a wheel now, at least the jacking is now under control.
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
Touch wood, I have never used the OEM jack in my NW. I have a cheapie 2 ton trolley jack which I use if necessary. I struggle to lift the rear wheel when it is flat because of an asthmatic condition I have.

More importantly, when I had the flat tyre, the bulging of the tyre meant that I could not fit the jacking pad into the correct place under the rear suspension arm. It was in danger of slipping all the time it was on the jack.

So I went and bought a 2 tonne electric scissor jack. It lifts the front and rear wheels OK. I now have that electric jack in my wife's Outlander and I bought a 3 ton electric jack from fleabay to use under the Pajero. This was a disaster - it struggled to lift even the Outlander. I think it was 3000 lbs, not 3000 kg. I finished up getting my money back and now have a 5 tonne electric hydraulic jack (cost $212 or thereabouts).

I looked a the possibility of buying one of those aluminium low profile trolley jacks,but the wheels have such a wide wheelbase that they would certainly not fit under the correct jacking point when I had a flat tyre. The new Electric Hydraulic jack will comfortably fit under the lower control arm and lift it easily. The only drawback of this jack is that I have to crawl under the car to position the jack and also to control it (switch it on to raise and or lower the jack). Naturally, by having the good jack I won't need to use it (well, that is the idea anyway), but should I have to change a wheel now, at least the jacking is now under control.
Which jacking points are you using, with a trolley jack you can use the front centre and rear centre points to jack the pajero up.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craka View Post
Which jacking points are you using, with a trolley jack you can use the front centre and rear centre points to jack the pajero up.
I was using the jacking points under the lower suspension arms, as recommended in the owners handbook. There is a depression in the lower surface of the suspension arm obviously designed to accept the screw of the OEM jack. To reach under the car with a flat tyre in the road is bad enough to get to this jacking point, but to get to the centre of the car would be impossible.
Old 6 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erad View Post
I was using the jacking points under the lower suspension arms, as recommended in the owners handbook. There is a depression in the lower surface of the suspension arm obviously designed to accept the screw of the OEM jack. To reach under the car with a flat tyre in the road is bad enough to get to this jacking point, but to get to the centre of the car would be impossible.
Sorry wasn't meaning that you were using the wrong ones for OEM jack , but I thought I had read that you were using or used a trolley jack and only wanted to let you know there are two points, one front and one rear that can be used for trolley jack.

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.
Wanting: Rocksliders, 2" lift, snorkel or perhaps I should wait and purchase a NS swb in 12months time.