Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger/ Pajero Sport > Pajero Sport

Pajero Sport The Pajero Sport new to Oz

Old 12-06-18

Default ARB Old Man Emu Suspension

Having purchased a Sport I've been looking at suspension upgrade options including keeping in touch with our local ARB branch in town (Healesville). ARB did not have a kit to suit the Sport but as of now they do. Not officially released yet but they have done the testing and engineering and it can be purchased if you so desire. The usual range of spring ratings depending upon your setup, loads and use. I had their stuff on our NS Pajero and was very happy with it and will probably go with them for the PS. It sure needs something. I would not be doing any serious towing or touring with the factory suspension.

2017 QE GLX Sport, Bridgestone 697's 265/60R18LT, North Coast Topender XL off road caravan, roof rack mounted solar system, Clearview mirrors, Old Man Emu suspension, Rhino roof platform
Old 05-07-18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulianHiggs View Post
Having purchased a Sport I've been looking at suspension upgrade options including keeping in touch with our local ARB branch in town (Healesville). ARB did not have a kit to suit the Sport but as of now they do. Not officially released yet but they have done the testing and engineering and it can be purchased if you so desire. The usual range of spring ratings depending upon your setup, loads and use. I had their stuff on our NS Pajero and was very happy with it and will probably go with them for the PS. It sure needs something. I would not be doing any serious towing or touring with the factory suspension.
Hi, I am deciding what to do regarding the suspension on my 2018QE. I want to install OME. Have you done the install. Did you install Performance or Load Bearing ?
Old 05-07-18

Any idea if the ARB rear springs are progressive or linear type?
Old 05-07-18
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DID Dash View Post
Any idea if the ARB rear springs are progressive or linear type?
Rear coils for the PS are the same as the Challenger and ARB OME coils are made by King Springs in Australia to OME specifications. I will need to check my files tomorrow but I seem to recall that all OME rear coils are progressive rate.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.
Old 06-07-18

Hi OJ, only asked out of interest as I have had a good run with Kings on the Challenger and OME on Gen 2 and Gen 3 Pajero's. Didn't know Kings made the OME's.
Old 06-07-18
Valued Member

Checked my files and all OME rear coils for the Challenger are progressive rate.
OME shockers used to be made by Tenico/Monroe, I have not heard or read any different.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT245/75/16, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Nightbreaker +130LB & Phillips +100 HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Lockup Mate.