Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Upgrading from NP to NS Pajero? Good idea or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Moci
    • Sep 2014
    • Balkan, Europe

Upgrading from NP to NS Pajero? Good idea or not?

Hello everyone,

I have been driving NP Pajero now for 3-4 yers and I am really happy with the car, never have had any problems. And now I am thinking to upgrade to NS Pajero. Now I have good deal to give my older 2004 NP Pajero for 2007 NS Pajero and I don’t have to pay extra cash to owner of NS Pajero because he likes my NP very much and he only wants to just change our Pajeros. Maybe I will get some extra cash from NS owner for change.

My NP Pajero is 3.2DiD auto GLS Exceed 2004 LWB with 120.000km. Gold metallic color, 17" Stamford wheels, EGR blanked off, Leather electric seats, Xenon lights, Led/Angel eyes projector headlights, Led tail lights, Full led interior, Chrome bullbar, Dual battery, Rear spoiler, Tinted windows, Kenwood sound system, TeamHeko wind deflectors, 2din DVD player with reverse camera and GPS navigation. That’s the mods that I liked.

NS Pajero is also 3.2 DiD auto 2007 LWB with 260.000km. Black color with tinted windows and 17” wheels. Black leather seats.
    My plan with NS will be: 2din DVD, tinting front windows, wind deflectors, LED interior, Xenon and LED headlights and tail lights. And I am thinking wrapping whole car in candy white color because I don’t like black.

I am a bit afraid because I know NS Pajero has problems with EGR, DFP, Limp mode, Check engine lights, and rust on rear doors. (My NP is rust free).
    I know only that NS pajero has better dashboard, trip computer and sound isolation.

My question is what I get better of NS over NP Pajero?
    Is NS fuel pump better than NP? NS models don’t have fuel pump problems or does have like NP?
    Is fuel economy better?
    If I put bigger tires, will I have torque converter problems on NS?

Is this good deal or I should stay at my NP Pajero?

Any advice would be appreciated, cheers.
    Attached Files
    NP Pajero 3.2DiD auto GLS Exceed 2004 LWB Gold metallic color, 275/50 R20 MAK wheels ET20 polished, 2" Lift kit, EGR blanked off, Chip, Leather electric seats, Xenon lights, LED/Angel eyes projector headlights, Led daytime lights in bumper, Led roof lights, Led tail lights, Full led interior, Led dash, Color factory display, Chrome bullbar, Dual battery, Rear spoiler with lip, Tinted windows, Kenwood sound system, TeamHeko wind deflectors, 2din DVD player with reverse camera and GPS navigation
  • Pwoffey
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Adelaide

Why does your friend want to get rid of his newer car and get hold of your older Pajero?
    If you have had no problems with your current vehicle, what are the compelling reasons to change to the NS?
    BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front, Dobinson IMLrear shocks with Kings 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

• Moci
      • Sep 2014
      • Balkan, Europe

Originally posted by Pwoffey View Post
      Why does your friend want to get rid of his newer car and get hold of your older Pajero?
      If you have had no problems with your current vehicle, what are the compelling reasons to change to the NS?
      My reasons are because NS is newer car and newer technology. Also I like it better inside.

My friend likes better NP model than NS because my has many mods and, to him, looks better.
      NP Pajero 3.2DiD auto GLS Exceed 2004 LWB Gold metallic color, 275/50 R20 MAK wheels ET20 polished, 2" Lift kit, EGR blanked off, Chip, Leather electric seats, Xenon lights, LED/Angel eyes projector headlights, Led daytime lights in bumper, Led roof lights, Led tail lights, Full led interior, Led dash, Color factory display, Chrome bullbar, Dual battery, Rear spoiler with lip, Tinted windows, Kenwood sound system, TeamHeko wind deflectors, 2din DVD player with reverse camera and GPS navigation

Comment

• Rancent_Rat
        • Feb 2016
        • Sunshine Coast

NO WAY stick with the NP if it has only 120000km on it. If you were to upgrade get a NT after 2011
        2005 NP Platinum 3.2 DID
        ARB Bull Bar, HD 13000LB Winch, Boos Bash Plates (intercooler, trans and sump), Bilstein/Lovells 2inch HD Lift, TJM Airtec Snorkel, PolyAir red air bags, Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3 265/70/17, Harrop Elockers Front and Rear, Diff Breathers, Engine Watchdog TM4, Double Din Pioneer Stereo with Reverse Camera and Sensors, Rhino Pioneer SX Platform with full rail kit, Kings 2.5x2.5 side awning, iTronics Front and Rear Dashcams.

Comment

• Merts
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2011
          • Bendigo Vic

Frankly, I reckon you would have to have rocks in your head to swap to a vehicle with an extra 140,000km on it, with all of the known issues you've identified.

If you go ahead with the swap, your friend will be getting the best of the deal by a big margin.
          Merts
          Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
          Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• symo
            • Jan 2012
            • Brisvegas

Having owned an NP and driven my dads NS I would say that's a crazy move.

Bugger all difference under the skin and way too big a difference in the km's done.

Comment

• Axis
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2011
              • Highett Vic

I'd agree with all of the above - that's a lot more KMs on the clock than yours. I'd say you are better sticking with your lower km vehicle that you know the service history of.

As you and others have noted, the 2007 can have DPF issues. Do you know the full history of the NS and why the other person wants to do the swap?

Cheers,
              James
              07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• Tashubi
                • Nov 2012
                • Hills Sydney

The difference between the 2 models is cosmetic. Mechanical they are particularly identical.
                Keep your current car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Merts
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2011
                  • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by Tashubi View Post
                  The difference between the 2 models is cosmetic. Mechanical they are particularly identical.
                  They are very similar, but definitely not mechanically identical.
                  Merts
                  Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
                  Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Moci
                    • Sep 2014
                    • Balkan, Europe

Ok thank you everyone for advices.

I am definitely keeping my NP because it is in very good condition and it's not too expensive maintenance.

I was thinking the newer is better, but with Pajero it's not the case

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X