• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Valiant81
    • Dec 2009
    • Bracknell Tasmania

Help, Help !!

Ok Guys;
    Well I've done it now, and I'm tired, and P... off with myself....

I had to drill a 20mm hole in the fire wall of my pajero so as to pass a few cables through for the uhf cb and the VHF/ UHF amature radio as well a a 5 core cable to control the driving light relay and also for further expansion for other relays ( air horn, fog lights etc ) . I was very careful with the drilling, but clumsy me i must have taken out the turn indicator and hazard warning lights. Everything else works ( have checked ), but i did also blow a fuse that feeds the roof lighting and the clock. This was fixed by replacing the fuse and also happens to be the fuse next to the turn indicators fuse.

Yes and i have checked the fuses, one under the dash on the drivers side fuse block and also the hazard fuse in the fuse box in the engine bay. I have checked by removing and testing, all good and so are the other fuses in the engine bay and the fuse block on the drivers side.

As you all know access is very poor and trying to gain access to the back of the fuse block is , for me anyway a real pain in itself.Even removing the plastic trim under the steering wheel to gain access helped but not alot !!

I have also tried to see if removing the speedo and gauge cluster did not help with the access. The only way around the problem is to remove the whole dash from the driverside, the centre console that has the radio in it and all the way through to the glove box. All this just to gain access to the wiring loom and repair the damage. The damage i can repair once i can get to it, but i now go cap in hand and asking for some help!!

Am i going the right way around this and are there any other pitfalls that i need to keep a eye out for
  • old Jack
    Regular
    • Jun 2011
    • Adelaide, South Australia.

We need to know what model car you have so the correct circuit diagram can be checked.
    It helps if all vehicle details are in your signature.

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Valiant81
      • Dec 2009
      • Bracknell Tasmania

Help, Help !!

Hi Oj;Thanks for the reply, Ok My Pajero is a 1995 model with the 2.8 Ltr Diesel, 5 speed manual and o think the model is a NL. Hope this helps every one !!

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Valiant81 View Post
        Hi Oj;Thanks for the reply, Ok My Pajero is a 1995 model with the 2.8 Ltr Diesel, 5 speed manual and o think the model is a NL. Hope this helps every one !!
        Not a lot of help, but '95 would be NJ. NL started in '97.

The 2.8 td should be the same in both vehicles, and I wouldn't expect to find too many wiring differences NJ to NL.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Valiant81
          • Dec 2009
          • Bracknell Tasmania

Help, Help !!

Hi everyone; I have been doing battle with my Pajero over the last couple of days and with the problem of no hazard or blinker. After much head scratching, swearing, and utter frustration and even bought a Haynes repair manual so as to try and chase the wiring. I even contemplated pulling the dash apart so as to access the wiring loom. Check for voltage here, there, fuses for the hazard ( under the bonnet ) blinker fuse under the plastic trim that had to be removed just to gain access to the fuse panel. That was a real pain in the a..

I found that if i bypassed the blinker can i had hazards and blinkers L & R, so i'm getting some were. i also found that i had a broken earth wire from the blinker can socket to ground and after much swearing i was able to run a new wire from the body earth to the earth on the blinker can socket. The old blinker can kind of worked, the blinker lights would come on ( but with no blink ) same with the hazard !!.

I replaced the blinker can to day and now everything now works, hazards on all sides, left hand blink and right hand blink. The pajero is now back together, thank God.

Just remind me if i ever decide to drill a hole in the pajero again, give me a kick up the a..

Comment

• craka
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2009
            • Newcastle (Newie)

Well done on getting it resolved.

Not sure about the later, you now know how to fix it if you do it again.
            NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Wazza999
              • Jun 2018
              • Canberra

Had the can die in my old Maverick. Fortunately it was obvious what the problem was. Luckily only two turns between my house and the dealer, the light still came on, so up-down, up-down... with the wand on the corners to the parts counter!

MY11 NT Pajero RX 3.2 DiD, OME 2'' lift, Boo' s bash plates (3mm), BFG KO2s (18''), ECB bar

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X