• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • m_and_m
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2010
    • Tea Tree Gully, Adelaide

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
    how about after maybe 500 posts (or somewhere around there) that we block the ads. You actively participate on the forum and the ads go. I think that is a fairer system than slugging you guys for dollars.
    I agree totally with supporting/rewarding those who contribute intelligent advice and information to the forum. After all - that's what makes it so great.
    But I'd hate it if human behaviour led to people creating junk posts just to get their 500 post count up.
    I'm fairly quiet on the forum. Usually only speak up when I have something intelligent to say or contribute.....maybe that why I dont post much
    2016 NX Exceed 3.2 DiD, BullBar | 2" OME lift | Safari snorkel | UHF | Towbar | Tow pro elite ECB | Full Bushskinz UBP and side steps | HID highbeam upgrade | 9" LED spots | 100Ahr Aux. Battery | HPD Oil catch can | Flappy Paddles | auto-matePRO
    2016 LC200 Sahara V8 Diesel,Lots of Mods too
    Checkout our products at MM4x4 http://www.mm4x4.com.au auto-mate and lockup-mate for Mitsubishi's and Toyota's

Comment

• insect_eater
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Canberra

Originally posted by Pwoffey View Post
      Dave's idea is a good one and well worth a try, although I suppose it might be a perverse incentive for those under the 500 posts to clog the system with "+1" pseudo-contributions until the magic number is attained .
      I don't believe the honest, decent contributors would act in that way. There should be zero tolerance on this and they should be banned immediately. (only 69 to go)

EDIT: As mentioned previously, i'd be happy to pay an annual or 5-year joining fee for ad-free viewing. I just don't want complex layers of dodges on the pooter, and somehow feel better just paying what something costs.
      Last edited by insect_eater; 28-10-20, 09:00 PM.
      NX GLX manual, T13, XD9000, Koni RAID, Ultragauge, ISI carrier, pioneer platform, Lithium auxillary

Comment

• Mundy55
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2015
        • Gold Coast

For me, the forum has lost something with the ads, which I find intrusive and distracting, but I realise and accept the necessity for an income stream to pay for the cost of its upkeep and upgrade.

My preference of the suggested alternatives is to pay an annual (or multi-year) subscription to have the option of no ads. I make a $20 donation to Wikipedia each year as I find it a valuable resource worth paying for. This forum is no less valuable and would certainly be worth $20pa for me.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
          Valued Member
          • Aug 2016
          • Greater Sydney

38.5 cents a week?

Comment

• Ian H
            Valued Member
            • May 2015
            • Melbourne

As I understand it, the Paj Club members are basically funding this site. So having an access fee for non members isn't a bad thing if the ads are to be dropped.

I don't mind the idea of no fee for big contributors but not 500 posts, it has to be a lot more than that.
            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2016
              • Greater Sydney

I have 1'700 posts and I would happily pay a fee.

The money I have saved with advice from members far out ways any fee needed to pay to keep this board running.

Comment

• Pickle
                Administrator
                • Jun 2007
                • All over Oz

On track to do forum changeover next week, a few more tests and tweeks and we will be good to go. Forum will be offline for 2 - 3 days. Will notify what days next week.
                Admin
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Pickle
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2007
                  • All over Oz

On track to do forum changeover next week, a few more tests and tweeks and we will be good to go. Forum will be offline for 2 - 3 days. Will notify what days next week.
                  Admin
                  Next week guys....all new forum.
                  NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                  Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• craka
                    Valued Member
                    • Jun 2009
                    • Newcastle (Newie)

Oh going to have withdrawals for a couple days.

Well I'll say it now, good luck hope everything goes smoothly.
                    NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Pickle
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2007
                      • All over Oz

Next week guys....all new forum.
                      Forum will be turned off Friday 6th Nov at 11pm . It will be down all wknd and up to Wed. Look forward to seeing you on the new forum.
                      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Alex86
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2007
                        • Here and there

Looking forward to seeing the new one.

For what it’s worth I’d be another one happy to do a yearly chip-in-for-no-ads type thing, if the option becomes available.

Dave, I presume all the old threads/info will be kept in the transition?
                        '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
                        Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• Pickle
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2007
                          • All over Oz

Originally posted by Alex86 View Post
                          Dave, I presume all the old threads/info will be kept in the transition?
                          That's the plan
                          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Payero
                            • Dec 2019
                            • Melbourne

Originally posted by Alex86 View Post
                            Looking forward to seeing the new one.

For what it’s worth I’d be another one happy to do a yearly chip-in-for-no-ads type thing, if the option becomes available.
                            I’m also in for a yearly fee. Other forums I am on have set up a go fund me for forum upkeep. They have always had more than enough donations, which has allowed them to do other things to keep the forum running buttery smooth.
                            --
                            2017 NX GLX - Ex Police
                            Safari Snorkel, ARB Bar, Warn winch, Stedi Type X Pro driving lights, Falken Wildpeak at3w 265/70R17, Hayman Reece Towbar, Boos bash plates, GME UHF, EFS/kings 40mm lift, Wedgetail roof rack, Ironman awning, iDrive throttle controller, Bushskinz rock sliders, Department of the Interior rear drawers.

Comment

• rgrubby
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2018
                              • Wellington - NZ

Forum will be turned off Friday 6th Nov at 11pm . It will be down all wknd and up to Wed. Look forward to seeing you on the new forum.
                              Good luck with the switch!
                              Murphy's law, everyone will have problems with their Pajero this weekend
                              2007 NS Pajero GLS Diesel. Factory rear diff lock. Custom rear bumper. Custom side steps. Kaon and ASFIR bash plates. Cooper Evolution MT tyres. Couple of CB radios. UltraGauge. Provent 200. Traction control diff lock mod. ARB Comercial bull bar with custom brush bars and Domin8r X 12,000lb winch. Dobinsons and Kings raised springs and shocks. TJM snorkel

Comment

• insect_eater
                                Valued Member
                                • Mar 2015
                                • Canberra

I think I'll take some forum screen shots, to comfort me during any dark times over the weekend.
                                NX GLX manual, T13, XD9000, Koni RAID, Ultragauge, ISI carrier, pioneer platform, Lithium auxillary

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X