• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wilson1
    • Sep 2014
    • Brisbane

$1200 90000 service, options?

Hi all,
    Was just quoted $1200 for my 90000km service from my local dealer that has always serviced my Paj.
    Needless to say it's a bit rich, so I have started looking around at others to service it.
    Others seem to be around the 800 mark.

So here's my question
    Will there be any future adverse affects from not using Mitsubishi to service the car?
    Think I will get the occasional minor service from the for map update and recalls.

Also paid for extended warranty when I bought the car but apparently I can get it
    Refunded.

Cheers
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Wilson1 View Post
    Hi all,
    Was just quoted $1200 for my 90000km service from my local dealer that has always serviced my Paj.
    Needless to say it's a bit rich, so I have started looking around at others to service it.

So here's my question
    Will there be any future adverse affects from not using Mitsubishi to service the car?
    Think I will get the occasional minor service from the for map update and recalls.

Also paid for extended warranty when I bought the car but apparently I can get it
    Refunded.

Cheers
    Too many people blindly go along to the dealership where they purchased theri vehicle in the belief that they must go there for the warranty to be honoured. NOT SO. You can get your vehicle serviced/worked on by any qualified mechanic. Mine is 2 year old and wont see a dealer unless warranty claim. One "adverse affect" from going to a private , reliable and qualified mechanic will be a better bank balance! Shop around and you will find someone who is willing to do the work at fair rates and will do a good job as well. There are just too many horror stories from dealerships for my liking.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Wilson1
      • Sep 2014
      • Brisbane

Well that's it, I'm cutting Mitsubishi away except for the GPs update and recalls.
      Might as well get something out of them.
      Just can't justify paying 1/3 more for a service.

Comment

• durx
        • Mar 2015
        • Perth

I am about to get my 90,000k and i got quoted $700 bucks from Auto Masters my "goto" dealership matched it.

This is an NX but should be the same

Comment

• sterling
          • Apr 2013
          • Victoria

Originally posted by Wilson1 View Post
          Hi all,

So here's my question

Refunded.

Cheers
          The 90K service should be cheaper than that if they did the tappet adjustment at 75K.
          Just paid $990 for my 75K (just out of fixed price) service including tappet adjustment (not done at 60K)
          Told 90K should be $600-700

Comment

• Geoff.Regent
            • Jan 2013
            • Somerton Park SA

Just had my NW 75k service at Mitsi dealer this week, cost $414. Asked what cost the 90k service would be, & was told approx $ 1,150. Yep thats expensive.

Comment

• tangles4745
              • Aug 2012
              • Brisbane

Hi .. just got a quote for my 90000 service.. $1800 .. I said to the lad I didn't want the engine replaced..��... nearly fell off my chair..
              Tangles

Comment

• Steve879
                • Jan 2014
                • Canberra

I payed about 1200 I think at my mechanic for the 90k. That included the tappets and front brakes. I was happy with that. Dealer quote was 1500 odd I think. Not including the brakes.
                2012 Pajero Activ.. ARB Bar, LED Driving ights, TJM Coils and Shocks, TJM Snorkel. Dominator winch. BFG KM2 265/70/17 Stedi Led fog lights and DRL's. Icom UHF.

Comment

• tangles4745
                  • Aug 2012
                  • Brisbane

They told me it was a big one.. oil , diffs, coolant changed. Brake fluid changed plus adjustments tappers.. they said tappers have to be done every 30000.. i

Comment

• badmama
                    • Feb 2017

Main Dealer

90k service. Was quoted $1100 from main Dealer. Local mechanic $750 . . .

Comment

• littleriver
                      Valued Member
                      • Jan 2013
                      • Queensland

Compare quotes from local auto service providers and book online! The easy way to search, compare and book auto experts reviewed by real customers. Book Now, Pay Later!

good range of pricing

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• badmama
                        • Feb 2017

Wish I'd gone to the main dealer and paid top dollar. Mechanic has fried my car electrics and now it won't start, no codes and no clues

Comment

• littleriver
                          Valued Member
                          • Jan 2013
                          • Queensland

Originally posted by badmama View Post
                          Wish I'd gone to the main dealer and paid top dollar. Mechanic has fried my car electrics and now it won't start, no codes and no clues
                          hope he's registered with MTA/MTAA or has good insurance ...

The Motor Trades Association of Australia (MTAA) represents many of the 69,365 retail motor trades businesses which employ over 379,365 Australians and contributed $37.1 billion to the Australian economy in 2015/16; which equates to 2.2% of Australia’s GDP.

Last edited by littleriver; 03-02-17, 04:24 PM.
                          2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• badmama
                            • Feb 2017

Originally posted by littleriver View Post
                            hope he's registered with MTA/MTAA or has good insurance ...

The Motor Trades Association of Australia (MTAA) represents many of the 69,365 retail motor trades businesses which employ over 379,365 Australians and contributed $37.1 billion to the Australian economy in 2015/16; which equates to 2.2% of Australia’s GDP.

Well he feels bad and has sent the car to the auto electricians at his $$ but still annoying and the auto electrician is stumped at the moment

Comment

• pjchris
                              • Jun 2007

You think $1200 is bad.
                              Just rang two dealers in Melbourne.

One quoted $1550 and the other $1700.

Spoke to Mitsubishi Australia. No Comment.

Dealers are independently owned 'We cannot comment on servicing charges'

Peter
                              2012 NW Platinum DiD, 2" Lift, Bar & Winch, Driving Lights, Dual Battery, Snorkel.

Soon to be Ex- 2002 NM Exceed 3.2DiD, Lifted, PSI Powerbox, Bullbar, HID Driving Lights.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X