• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hayzelnut
    • Oct 2020
    • Northam, Western Australia

Replacing touch screen MMCS in 2010 PB Challenger and Installing Subwoofer

Hi Guys and Gals

I am in the process of replacing the factory GPS head unit (Mitsubishi Multi Communication Unit) in my PB Challenger. The main reason is the the unit cannot play music though Bluetooth and with new phones now lacking the 3.5mm jack I figured it was time to upgrade. I am also wanting to install an old sub I have and this will be much easier with the RCA preouts.

I have ran into a few hickups so I thought I would post my progress for anyone trying in the future.

I decided to use a wiring harness to save time and effort on soldering. The correct harness is the Aerpro CHMb6C (connects to car) and the OSI adaptor for your particular head unit brand. In my case is was Kenwood.

NOTE this harness is different from the majority of Mitsubishi harnesses so don't just grab the one that says "fits most Mitsubishi's".

The harness allows for the use of factory steering wheel control.

So far I have just purchased everything but will keep you posted with how it goes.
    2010 PB XLS Challenger, Factory Bull Bar, Kings Awning, Engel Smart Battery Box Series 2, Kenwood DDX4019BT Head Unit with 10" Slim Subwoofer, 40L Engel, KAON bash plates.
  • hayzelnut
    • Oct 2020

So... the install was relatively easy besides a blown fuse which took me ages to identify (the interior light fuse is also used for the media player).

I can confirm that the Aerpro CHMb6C connects to Challengers with the factory MMCS. My car has the amped speakers. There is an amplifier on off switch in the harness which has a T junction for an additional amp switch (this made it very easy to install the Sub Amp).

The Aerpro CHMb6C allowed steering wheel controls and I defiantly recommend using the harness if you cant be bothered soldering and twitching wires. You can also easily put the factory head unit back in when you sell it.

My new head unit (Kenwood DDX4019BT) fitted pretty good, I had to fit it to the install setting (where you screw into the side of head unit) that put it the most forward (if that makes sense). There is about a 2mm gap between the edge head unit and factory facia.

I and by no means an expert (very far from it) but feel free to ask me any questions.

Cheers,

Tom
    2010 PB XLS Challenger, Factory Bull Bar, Kings Awning, Engel Smart Battery Box Series 2, Kenwood DDX4019BT Head Unit with 10" Slim Subwoofer, 40L Engel, KAON bash plates.

Comment

• viffer781
      • Aug 2010
      • ACT

Hello, I am looking at replacing the MMCS system in my 2010 PB XLS. Are any additional harnesses/cables/adaptors required to connect the reverse Camera and the Mike in the roof?
      Auto 2010 PB XLS 5 Seater, OEM Bar, OEM Towpack, Cargo Barrier, Bash Plates.

Comment

• hayzelnut
        • Oct 2020

I just used the microphone that came with the new head unit. I didn't plug the revere camera in as it is a different plug

I considered wiring a new reverse camera but that hasn't happened yet.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X