• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alphena
    • Sep 2019
    • NSW

Yellow ANTI LOCK (ABS) ligh's always on when in 4H

Hi, anyone else had a similar issue?

As long as in 4H, ANTI LOCK (ABS) light comes on. But in 2H, ABS light never on. What're the possible reasons?

Any clue would be appreciated.

2001 Challenger PA, 6G72.
  • Pirkz
    • Sep 2020
    • Vic

Hi
    You are not alone!
    New to 4WD ownership. Just bought a 2006 PA with only 120k km on the clock in very condition and when 4wd High or Low is selected the ABS light comes on. It wont go off until the ignition is turned off.
    Assume its a sensor thing but maybe the ABS system is deactivated under 4wd - although that said when starting the car with 4wd selected already ,the ABS light stays off.
    One of lifes mysteries. Also have problems with an intermittent reversing light switch which will need the sensor replacing I reckon.

Pirkz

Comment

• countman88
      • Feb 2018
      • brisbane

I have had my PA Challenger since 2006 and for the very first time the yellow ABS dash light came on last week when I shifted out of 4wd high. Stayed on until I turned off the ignition and restarted.
      I haven't checked to see if it happens again, as haven't used 4wd, but will do so today.

Cheers
      Ken

Comment

• countman88
        • Feb 2018
        • brisbane

Oops, forgot about this post. Did try it again, and no, the ABS light did not come on again in those circumstances.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X