• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by drgtr View Post
    Value for money and reliability. Really points to Generation 4 pajeros.
    Cant beat it.

And that is exactly why I bought my NW rather than a 200 series or Patrol. Looked at the jeep Trailhawk?....but although nice and flash...the nightmare that I may have further down the road was one I didn't care for.

Mates NS Pajero now has 200,000klms and never needed anything other than regular service...not an issue at all with the car. Thats reliability.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• pronvit
      • Mar 2019
      • New Zealand

Well, I can’t agree. If I cared about reliability and possible repair costs I wouldn’t buy a 10yo 240000kms NS I have now. Dealers? Who cares? I won’t take a modified offroad vehicle to a dealer anyway. What I can, I order parts myself and do myself. If I buy say a 5yo Rubicon, how much worse can it be? Even if I buy new, it will be modified straight away without even thinking about warranty.

There are features as in nice to have, and there are requirements.
      That’s how I chose Pajero, too, and I’m happy with it. But if we’re talking about upgrading, I want a _modern_ vehicle with rear AND front difflocks (swaybar disconnect comes as a bonus), as little plastic as possible inside and outside (to bolt whatever I want on to the car and to not clean sand and grass from everywhere inbetween plastic parts), easily removable/replaceable side mirrors, rear spare carrier without any covers (ideally with easy to buy rims that won’t require grinding the calipers) and overall great customisation possibilities. Removable doors, roof and washable footwells come as a bonus. Oh, have you seen the rooftop tent that replaces the factory roof and provides access from inside the vehicle?
      What’s the point talking about “value for money” if the basic requirements are not satisfied?
      2008 Pajero NS V6. Factory rear diff lock. OME suspension. Ironman underbody protection. Rhino-Rack Pioneer Platform. ASFIR hidden winch mount, Ridge Ryder 12000lbs winch.

2006 LR Discovery 3 TDV6.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2016
        • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by pronvit View Post
        If I buy say a 5yo Rubicon, how much worse can it be? Even if I buy new, it will be modified straight away without even thinking about warranty.

Not thinking about warranty on a Jeep. Sounds good as you have to win a cage fight to get it.

There are features as in nice to have, and there are requirements.
        That’s how I chose Pajero, too, and I’m happy with it. But if we’re talking about upgrading, I want a _modern_ vehicle with rear AND front difflocks (swaybar disconnect comes as a bonus), as little plastic as possible inside and outside (to bolt whatever I want on to the car and to not clean sand and grass from everywhere inbetween plastic parts), easily removable/replaceable side mirrors, rear spare carrier without any covers (ideally with easy to buy rims that won’t require grinding the calipers) and overall great customisation possibilities. Removable doors, roof and washable footwells come as a bonus. Oh, have you seen the rooftop tent that replaces the factory roof and provides access from inside the vehicle?

So what are you waiting for?

What’s the point talking about “value for money” if the basic requirements are not satisfied?
        And after all that pick the kids up from school in it.

Comment

• Jasonmc73
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2019
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
          I wouldnt choose one based on features. I would buy one based on reliability, value for money, customer feedback and cost of servicing/parts. All the aforementioned attributes see the jeep fail miserably . I have first hand experience of jeeps as my son has one and 2 of mates used to own them. They look nice and pretty when new but very soon the gremlins come out and jeep dealers are shite for customer service. Far too many horror stories surrounding the make! Would you be happy getting quoted $47,000 for a new motor?

Each to their own.
          & the reason i'm on such forums along with other brands & have settled on buying A pajero over Prado or jeeps etc?
          Is public opinion of those whom own & drive them long gevity & design thats proven over decades.
          One brand as example is Toyota, Prado or Hilux or wouldn't pay Toyota tax for the unreliable, gutless over rated piston cracking DPF failures bucket of bolts that it is for the life of me! & my first car was A cruiser.
          Re-sale they say?? Do the maths of course they sell for more used as they cost more to buy! The gap in the middle, the bit owner loses is so similar to say Pajero its negligable difference.

Being A machinery salesman my opinion is the opinion that counts to me is public opinion & actual owners experiences & long term in field actual proof of reliability,parts availabilty comes down to how many are around, parts work on supply = demand, the rest is vested interest bullshit & marketing!
          One such experience I have been following that comes to mind for Pajero would be Kiwi1973's experience for one. The machine has plenty enough bling for me as an all rounder.
          DPF problems i see theory's but i am fail to find systematic failures for Pajero.
          & as for Jeep $47K for A fuel system pump & injectors, my goodness!
          Gracious thats expensive, I thought Perkins at $700 per injector & about $10k to replace injectors & high pressure pump was expensive but $47k ???? That's exceptional & more than one example
          Pajero is where my money will be going on the available evidence
          Everyone is different & I am happy for those whom own Jeeps, Landrover's etc, they need the business so all good, enjoy!
          Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X