Below Nav Bar

Collapse

screaming /squeeling from what I thought were alternator or a/c belts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Yep. I'm sure 99.9% here know that.

Comment

• GHendo
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2012
      • Northern NSW

Yeah, but you'll find they don't always supply you a matched pair - I've had that happen more than once.

Geoff
      03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• craka
        Valued Member
        • Jun 2009
        • Newcastle (Newie)

Yes the new ones were a matched pair.
        Perhaps I just hadn't had them tensioned up enough, but the noise threw me a little as sounded more like bearing noise at the time. Will try again with new ones once I have a chance.
        NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Chunk
          • Jun 2015
          • S.A

Belts

Hey mate, not sure what the general consensus is on dayco belts but I had squeal and replaced all 3 with dayco and a.c. pulley fitted and tightened no squeal, no further adjustments and been on for a month now got all 3 belts from ebay for $35

Comment

• NT11Pajero
            • Jun 2019
            • Brisbane

Thought I'd throw in my 2 cents - I was surprised at how tight I had to make the belts for them to stop screeching on my NT. Seemed a bit over-tight to me based on other cars I've serviced, but seemed to need it on the pajero. Been 3 months now with no problems.
            Pajero 2011 NT GLS DID Auto. 3" 304 stainless exhaust, dyno tuned (135awkw), EGR block, EGR cooler removed, provent catch can, custom intercooler

Comment

• spot01
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2011
              • Adelaide

Best not to over tighten, as this can cause wear on pulley bearings, water pumps, etc, depending on the car. The correct tension can be found in the online workshop manual.
              There is a special belt spray that may help to stop squeal - Repco & Supercheap sell it.
              Main thing with new belts is to re-tension a few times as they stretch & settle in over a few weeks.
              Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Swede50
                • Oct 2016
                • Melbourne

The genuine belts are "Mitsuboshi"
                Over many years of using this brand of belt for high energy drive applications in Transport Refrigeration,,,
                Dayco and Gates are not even close quality
                They stretch and wear much quicker.
                There is a Mitsuboshi agent in Bayswater Vic.
                Cheers,
                NT '10 ARB Bar King & Koni Raid TJM Snorkel Lithium Aux, Winch Ultraguage TPMS Lockup Mate HIKEIT LRA Aux tank and lots of other stuff

Comment

• colins
                  • Feb 2020
                  • SCARBOROUGH

Originally posted by gazza11 View Post
                  Hi, I recently changed the belts and used Gates belts as they are supposed to be the best. Had squealing noise on start up when cold...adjusted belts....same thing!!...did it again...same thing!!, tightening the bets a bit more each time....did it again...guess what....took belts all off and sanded the inside of the pullies with medium grit sand paper, adjusted belts...squeal gone, and has been good for last 3000k's....Hope this helps.
                  Sounds reasonable - I will give this a try and see how it works out - ta

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X