Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > It's all about 'Fishing'

It's all about 'Fishing' Let's have a look at your catch and boat!

Old 14-04-13
Valued Member

I caught this horse of a Sambo last November.

Didn't have any scales on board but the boys and I estimated it was around the 30kg+ mark.

Was the first time when fishing that I wanted to get this magnificent fish back down as quickly as possible out of respect for the 20 minute fight we just had. Was incredible.
Old 14-04-13
Valued Member

That's a beauty Ranger j!
02 NM 3.5v6 auto Exceed, seq gas inj,265/75/16 Wild Peaks,16x8 Ballistic alloys, 2.5" cat back, wild cat headers, Lovells HD/TJM Gold Series,30mm coil spacers in rear, dual batt, TJM/bushskinz, 4x4 equip axe & shovel holder, rev cam, 50L Waeco, Megapulse, poly airs, Safari snorkel, K&N, MM alloy b/bar, Roo Lite's, 21" light bar,remote mount UHF, extended breathers, ARB comp, Maxtrax, RTT, Batwing awning & much more!

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/michealmannion?feature=mhee
Old 14-04-13
Valued Member

Ranger, I bet your arms were burning after that one.

Unfortunately I sold my boat about 18 months ago, and havent been fishing since (apart from with the kids off the jetty at Fraser. I miss the zzzzzzzzzzzz so much. I used to fish Moreton Bay every week chasing snapper on light gear. (where the username comes from)
I cant get excited fishing for small fish from the shore, I need to hear that reel screaming.
Silver NM Pajero 3.5L Auto. ARB bullbar, Opposite Lock Rear bar, Front Lokka, Uniden UHF, Bilstein shocks, Lovells HD coils, TJM OX 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2's on 16x8 Advanti Rims, Custom bash plate, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 170s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Ironman Awning, Duel battery system.
Old 15-04-13
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapcatcher View Post
Ranger, I bet your arms were burning after that one.

Unfortunately I sold my boat about 18 months ago, and havent been fishing since (apart from with the kids off the jetty at Fraser. I miss the zzzzzzzzzzzz so much. I used to fish Moreton Bay every week chasing snapper on light gear. (where the username comes from)
I cant get excited fishing for small fish from the shore, I need to hear that reel screaming.
Try 24hrs!

Yeah I'm easy when it comes to fishing. I try to use a light gear as possible when shore and river fishing - still get a good fight depending what you get on the end of it.
Old 01-05-13

My first Exmouth sail caught out of my 5m fiberglass runabout while on the big trip round last year

Buddy with his Black Marlin on day 2
2001 NM 2.8tdi GL, 5 spd Manual, MM Bullbar, Dual Batt, 400w Inverter, Boo's intercooler, sump and tranny guards, Dobinsons HD raised springs, Strut/Spring spacers, Bilstein shocks, Front Aussie Locker, 255/85x16 Cooper Discoverer S/T, much more to come....

Last edited by Betz; 01-05-13 at 03:45 PM.
Old 01-05-13
Administrator

Oh now that's just showing off.. Na I'm jealous great catch.

Yours too Ranger

How to get Forum Decals
Old 01-05-13

Bloody hell, they are great fish! I'll try not to think of them next time I pull a few small trout out of the upper Yarra.
Old 01-05-13
"2000"+ Valued Contributor

Send a message via MSN to sharkcaver Send a message via Skype™ to sharkcaver

I'd hate to spear one....I dont like Mauritius

Nice catch BTW.

MY16 NX GLX5, Dobinson's HD springs + MRR shocks + Firestone airbags, 17" Toyo Opats, XXX bar, Dominator winch + IB500 relay, Full Bushskinz kit, Rhino track mount, 7" led spots, 23" light bar, SPV block, Ultragauge, Donaldson secondary filter, LRA 81L aux, 105AGM in rear + Projecta IDC25, 2 tier rear shelf + slide, ARB on board compressor, 2.5 x 3.0 awning

NX build

My Journeys
Old 03-06-13
Valued Member

Just back from a week in the van at Somerset Dam.

Caught these beauties from the folding Portabote!

Finally nailed the Bass and Yellowbelly!

Yippee!!

Cheers,
Sally

RUNVA XP11 11,000lb Winch in MM ALLOY Bar, 2.75" S/S exhaust, ARB Air Locker, BLACK WIDOW Drawer Sys, ABBER Water Tank, GREAT WHITE & IRONMAN LED LightbarS, ARB OME 2 inch lift, POLYAIRs, BUSHSKINZs, Airtech SNORKEL, IRONMAN Awning, PIONEER Platform, REDARC Tow Pro, Provent , D697 LT's, ALPINE Stereo, Amp & Sub, DP CHIP, DRLs, Torque App, SPV EGR MOD Mk3

2015 LOTUS FREELANDER & CRUISECRAFT EXPLORER 575
Old 05-06-13
Valued Member

Hadnt been fishing in two years since I sold my boat. Recently got back onto a fishing forum where I used to be a regular. Found a bloke willing to take me out, and I promised to teach him how to catch snapper on soft plastics, in Moreton Bay.

I caught my best ever snapper at 85cm, pulled out of 7 metres of water on 15lb line. I was pretty happy with that. Im taking a day off work tomorrow to go and inspect a boat, which all going to plan will be mine by Monday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_000709.jpg (18.7 KB, 28 views)
Silver NM Pajero 3.5L Auto. ARB bullbar, Opposite Lock Rear bar, Front Lokka, Uniden UHF, Bilstein shocks, Lovells HD coils, TJM OX 9500lb Winch, Snorkel, 33" BFG KM2's on 16x8 Advanti Rims, Custom bash plate, Cargo Barrier, Lightforce 170s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Ironman Awning, Duel battery system.