• Show
Clear All
  • NTX
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2010
    • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Tablet mount.

G'day!

Is anybody using this type of mount with their tablets? https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BASEUS-3....c100005.m1851

Just got myself an ipad pro 12.9 and have been looking at mount options such as the RAM products. I also saw similar mounts to these in sports cars and was not all that impressed. Sitting in the car today and can see that I could use four such mounts around the MMCS, which should keep it in place. My main concern is when the time comes to remove the mounts. Does the tape destroy the facia? Will the facia rattle under the load of the tablet which is stuff all TBH?
    Thoughts please.

Regards,

Matt.
    2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.
  • dreamerman
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2009
    • Sydney

Originally posted by NTX View Post
    Is anybody using this type of mount with their tablets?
    I have been using magnet mounts for years ranging from cheap to more expensive ones. It hold smartphones well and currently using S9+. But I don't think it will hold heavier tablets. Just my 2 cents. For a large tablet, you can't go wrong with Ram (expensive) or Arkon (affordable). Good luck.
    03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• nj swb
      Resident
      • Jun 2007
      • Adelaide

I once wasted my money on some Baseus USB C adaptors. Disappointed. I can't say they didn't work, because sometimes they did, for some functions. They made a significant reduction to charging current, and wouldn't work with any of my headphone adaptors - so I have yet to find an application for which I want to actually use them.

I'm in no hurry to spend any money on a Baseus product.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• NTX
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2010
        • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
        I once wasted my money on some Baseus USB C adaptors. Disappointed. I can't say they didn't work, because sometimes they did, for some functions. They made a significant reduction to charging current, and wouldn't work with any of my headphone adaptors - so I have yet to find an application for which I want to actually use them.

I'm in no hurry to spend any money on a Baseus product.

Yeah just copied the link as an exaple of the type of mount I am considering. Thanks for the heads up though, I will steer clear of them for sure!
        2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

• NTX
          Valued Member
          • Apr 2010
          • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Originally posted by dreamerman View Post
          I have been using magnet mounts for years ranging from cheap to more expensive ones. It hold smartphones well and currently using S9+. But I don't think it will hold heavier tablets. Just my 2 cents. For a large tablet, you can't go wrong with Ram (expensive) or Arkon (affordable). Good luck.

Cheers mate, yes if money was no concern, I woud go for the RAM (made in usa) option without a doubt. Such as this mount, which requires the tablet adaptor to be added! https://www.hurtlegear.com.au/ram-31...-5-round-base/

I would love to hear from someone who has attempted a magnet mount with their tablet, particularly the 12.9 size range. I would be concerned about the amount of shock the mounts could take before letting go in a 4wd, rock hopping scenario. I was planning on using four magnets and having the tablet in a hardcase (extra weight) I would also like to know of the long term affect on the dash from both the adhesive and the weight of having the tablet mounted on the facia.

Comment

• NTX
            Valued Member
            • Apr 2010
            • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Cheers mate, yes if money was no concern, I woud go for the RAM (made in usa) option without a doubt. Such as this mount, which requires the tablet adaptor to be added! https://www.hurtlegear.com.au/ram-31...-5-round-base/

I would love to hear from someone who has attempted a magnet mount with their tablet, particularly the 12.9 size range. I would be concerned about the amount of shock the mounts could take before letting go in a 4wd, rock hopping scenario. I was planning on using four magnets and having the tablet in a hardcase (extra weight) I would also like to know of the long term affect on the dash from both the adhesive and the weight of having the tablet mounted on the facia.

Crikey, what a price difference! https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Arko...ery!3042!AU!-1 ****Are they comparible for quality?

Comment

• NTX
              Valued Member
              • Apr 2010
              • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Meh, I'll take two..... https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Unite-30...4AAOSwOXldLpfA

Packed full of carbon fibre goodness!

Comment

• dreamerman
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2009
                • Sydney

I would love to hear from someone who has attempted a magnet mount with their tablet, particularly the 12.9 size range.
                Found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfy7ZYQqDCk
                03/19 MY18 Pajero NX GLX Graphite | KUMHO AT51 265/65R17 | Ultragauge MX v1.4 | AEM GPS Speedometer | Yakima Platform on OCAM Backbone | OEM Tow Bar | KAON Internal Rear Roof Shelf | ARB Smartbar

Comment

• Paj11
                  • Jun 2017
                  • Sydney

The positioning of that tablet would be deemed illegal as it is obstructing the drivers view.
                  2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• Morten
                    • Jul 2018
                    • Aberdeen NSW

I've got one of these gadgets in both cars, just to hold the phone, they do a good job, not sure how they'd go with a tablet tho.....the sticky stuff on the mount part definitely sticks....its a handle for pulling out part of the dash now...buggered if I can get it off...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X