• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • signo1985
    • Sep 2017
    • Perth

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
    For speed, you cannot do better than a set a Staun Deflators, I have 2 calibrated at 20psi and 2 at 15psi, this covers me for general low range off road pressures and sand pressures. When dropping to sand pressures I put the 20psi regulators on the first 2 tyres then fit the others, I come back and manually deflate the first 2 tyres the last 5 psi.

OJ.

I wasn't really after the fastest deflator, but an alternative to the valve core removal ones.
    Saw this arb inflator e thought it looked great.

I was mainly trying to understand how slow it would really be. If we're talking double the time i could live with it, if it is 15minutes a tire from black top to sand pressure....well stuff that
    Originally posted by nj swb View Post
    Mine's the ARB. I find that

1. winding on the deflator,
    2. removing the valve core,
    3. reinserting the valve core, and
    4. removing the deflator

all takes time. For a few psi adjustment, the tip of my pocket knife is easier. I haven't figured out exactly what size pressure drop makes it worth breaking out the deflator. Maybe one day I'll time myself.

Sorry should have asked properly.

Are you using the arb inflator/deflator - ARB601 or the EZ deflator??

Comment

• Paj11
      • Jun 2017
      • Sydney

Mate I have the Stauns set to 18psi, ok one is 19, one is 17, I can recalibrate them if I want which would take all of 5 minutes, but it’s no issue, and it works a treat. When they are locked in they don’t budge, or do what I do I mark a line so I know where to set back to if they are moved slightly if they used by someone else and they accidentally loosen the lock but. I go around the car, takes 2 minutes to put them on and I just stand up and talk to the MRS, while everyone else is on their haunches.I do an audit pressure every now and then to make sure they haven’t drifted and it’s all good.
      If you want you can invest in another set and set them up for rough trails, I dunno 28psi, at around 90 bucks a set it’s a bit of an investment to buy another set, or you could just set two up at 18 and the other two and 28 and mark them. The best investment I made.
      Last edited by Paj11; 08-07-19, 06:20 PM. Reason: Stupid iPhone spell check spelling Stains instead of Stauns.
      2011 30th Anniversary NT, TME Tuned, 2 inch Billies/Dobs lift HD rear/MD front. Arb Deluxe Bar, Mitsi Tow bar, LRA Aux tank, Clearview Mirrors, Tekonsha Electric Brake Controller, iDrive, Manta 3 inch Turbo back Exhaust, Provent Catch Can, Pirelli Scorpion AT Plus 265/70/17 all corners plus spare, 9 inch iluminators, 7 inch Stedi reverse flood light, Rhino Rack, Kings Side Awning.

Comment

• nj swb
        Resident
        • Jun 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by signo1985 View Post
        Sorry should have asked properly.

Are you using the arb inflator/deflator - ARB601 or the EZ deflator??
        I don't have the 601 - I didn't even know it existed until this post.

I wouldn't buy one, not sure I'd carry it if I was given one.
        NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X