Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > It's all about 'Fishing'

It's all about 'Fishing' Let's have a look at your catch and boat!

Old 13-02-17

Default What Tropical Fish?

Hi all,

This is probably not the right place to be asking this question in this forum but who knows!
I have just bought a tropical fish tank for the first time and have set it up with the heater, pump etc..
We have been told from the pet shop that we have to wait a few weeks until we can put fish into the tank.

The tank is a 27ltr and was wondering what kind of fish would people recommend & how many fish could the tank hold?

Cheers Vic & the 3 Kids

Love The Paj 👍👍
(Everything happens for a reason)
Old 13-02-17
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vix2010 View Post
Hi all,

This is probably not the right place to be asking this question in this forum but who knows!
I have just bought a tropical fish tank for the first time and have set it up with the heater, pump etc..
We have been told from the pet shop that we have to wait a few weeks until we can put fish into the tank.

The tank is a 27ltr and was wondering what kind of fish would people recommend & how many fish could the tank hold?

Cheers Vic & the 3 Kids
There is a few of us here that keep fish. You are best to sign up to www.aquariumlife.com.au. I am on there with the same name. They may be having sign up issues so please be patient. They are also on facebook.

As for waiting. Yes, depends on the fish. The wait is for the filter media to be colonized with bacteria to process fish waste etc. It is called cycling the tank. Please read up on it and the amonia cycle. It is especially important for such a small tank where things can go wrong very quickly.

www.aqadvisor.com is a good site to enter your details and the fish you want and it will tell you if you have too many and maintenance cycles etc.

I would start off with a few (6) live bearers like guppies and platies or even danios and see how things progress.

HTH,
Vlad
Old 13-02-17

Thanks Vlad, Ill check that site out.

Cheers Vic

Love The Paj 👍👍
(Everything happens for a reason)