Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > It's all about 'Fishing'

It's all about 'Fishing' Let's have a look at your catch and boat!

Old 17-01-15
Valued Member

Default Tuna !!!!

Went out fishing this morning with a couple of mates. First time I've had the boat in the water since July, very poor form in that regard!

However, not 2 minutes after dropping the lures in for some trolling, my line had a hookup. Excuse the beer belly in the pics, but here's what I reeled in: mackerel tuna about 80cm, didn't get it on any scales but probably around 5kg. Pretty stoked with it, it's the best fish I have caught on my boat!

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.
Old 17-01-15
Valued Member

Nice catch Alex.
Did it put up a good fight?
Cheers, Dan.
2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!
Old 17-01-15
Valued Member

Nice one.

2003 NP DID Manual - rear cargo barrier, dual battery system, drop down table on back door, GME UHF, winch bar and Warn 9000lb winch, 2" lift - Lovells HD springs and Bilstein shocks, Bushskinz intercooler guard, custom sump bash plate, transmission guard and 35w HID driving lights, home build sidesteps, 265/75/16 Summit Mudhog play tyres, rear work light, 120w lightbar - yet to do, rear drawer system.
Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.
Old 17-01-15
Valued Member

Cheers. Was hoping for more of a fight but still good. I think they don't fight much when caught trolling as opposed to flicking lures into a pack of them smashing baitfish.

Mate had a Mackeral (well looked like it when it jumped out of the water) bust off before getting it to the boat unfortunately. Same lure as the tuna took. Not long later something else hit the lure and the snap hook broke and lure gone so must go buy more!

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.