• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tubes
    • Jun 2015
    • south australia

Fuel economy gauge

I am having a bit of trouble figuring out the economy gauge in my NS pajero. I understand that you can change between manual and auto in the settings but what does this change? If I change this from auto to manual the economy gauge reads the same and will reset still after 4 hours and every morning still starts again at 99.9. Is there a way to keep the average fuel economy going until I reset is. There is probably something basic I have missed but I can't figure it out.
    08 Ns Pajero Exceed, duel batteries,light force spot lights,roof basket,A/t tyres.
  • Naviguesser
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2013
    • Crib Point Vic

The manual reading will continue to read your average consumption until you reset it. But every time you restart (the engine) you must select it to show.

I reset mine every time I fill up.
    MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
    ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
    TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
    Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• Hatto
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2013
      • Mandurah WA

If its the same as mine, when it is in manual the economy figure doesn't reset on shut down or after 4 hours. My "manual" reading has been averaging out since I reset it at the 90000km service and manifold Clean. My "Auto" readout resets every 4 hours or overnight and starts again at 99.9 on take off. Both "Manual" & "Auto" readings can be reset when ever you like by pressing the "reset" button.
      Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
      ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• tubes
        • Jun 2015
        • south australia

Thanks guys i think mine may not be working correctly, it will stay in manual mode when i restart the car in the morning but the economy restarts at 99.9.
        08 Ns Pajero Exceed, duel batteries,light force spot lights,roof basket,A/t tyres.

Comment

• Axis
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2011
          • Highett Vic

Originally posted by tubes View Post
          Thanks guys i think mine may not be working correctly, it will stay in manual mode when i restart the car in the morning but the economy restarts at 99.9.
          Hi Tubes,

Our NS works exactly as Hatto described. Just had a look. Even if I select manual, when turned off it will start up again in Auto. Sounds odd that yours is starting in Manual. When it is displaying Auto, the button will be labelled manual as you press that to get to manual mode.

Cheers,
          James
          07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• tubes
            • Jun 2015
            • south australia

Originally posted by Axis View Post
            Hi Tubes,

Our NS works exactly as Hatto described. Just had a look. Even if I select manual, when turned off it will start up again in Auto. Sounds odd that yours is starting in Manual. When it is displaying Auto, the button will be labelled manual as you press that to get to manual mode.

Cheers,
            James
            Your right it is strange,it will stay in manual once selected but always reset to 99.9 once it has sat over night. I'll have another look tonight maybe I have changed a setting that I have missed. The description in the hand book is very vauge regarding what manual and auto modes do.

Comment

• Naviguesser
              Valued Member
              • Dec 2013
              • Crib Point Vic

Silly thought, but just maybe.

Don't forget that if you see manual on the screen, it's in auto.
              If you see auto, it's in manual.
              MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
              ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
              TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
              Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• caroma
                • May 2012
                • WA - Pilbara

Originally posted by tubes View Post
                Your right it is strange,it will stay in manual once selected but always reset to 99.9 once it has sat over night. I'll have another look tonight maybe I have changed a setting that I have missed. The description in the hand book is very vague regarding what manual and auto modes do.
                I've always wondered this too. At one stage i thought maybe it was distinguishing between being in Auto Transmission and Sports Auto, but that made less sense the more i thought about it coz i never put mine in sports yet it still had a reading.
                2008 NS Petrol Auto.

Comment

• tubes
                  • Jun 2015
                  • south australia

Originally posted by Naviguesser View Post
                  Silly thought, but just maybe.

Don't forget that if you see manual on the screen, it's in auto.
                  If you see auto, it's in manual.
                  Yes you are completely correct I hadn't realised that you had to select the manual setting every time the car was started. All seams to be working OK I just need to remember to select it each time, thanks for your help guys.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X