• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nj swb
    Resident
    • Jun 2007
    • Adelaide

Originally posted by vladguan View Post
    Leave me out for the time being as I have to get approval from the CFO. Kind of hard to do when I just purchased a refurbished Uniden 5060. Still need to purchase an antenna.
    No worries Vlad. You're down for the early pricing, and we can talk about covers exchange / freight options.

Let me know when the CFO becomes amenable.
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Drjohn11
      • Sep 2011
      • Melbourne

Fine by me to wait several months

Alex
      NX GLS MY15 Pajero 265 265 17 BFG AT KO2 Bilsteins & Lovells, ARB Bar Airtec Snorkel Runva XP11 Full BushSkinz Underbody Protection and RockSliders, Donaldson Filter, LRA Tank, Icom 450N 75W HID Spots & Lightbar Drifta Drawers MSA Fridge Slide Engel Fridge 110AH Lithium Battery 65L Water Tank Paddle & Lockup-Mate Kimberley Kamper
      NL 1999 Pajero 3.5L Cargo Barrier UHF Roof Rack. Dual Battery Engel Fridge No Airbags

Comment

• Pickle
        Administrator
        • Jun 2007
        • All over Oz

Out at Portland on the sand dunes at the moment with Chadstone Mitsu/ Mitsubishi trying out the paddle shift .Lots of comments of how good they look and perform. Working well so far
        Good work Scott
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• nj swb
          Resident
          • Jun 2007
          • Adelaide

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
          Out at Portland on the sand dunes at the moment with Chadstone Mitsu/ Mitsubishi trying out the paddle shift .Lots of comments of how good they look and perform. Working well so far
          Good work Scott
          Thanks Dave. I'm pleased to hear you're enjoying them - that's what it's all about.
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Troy711
            Valued Member
            • May 2013
            • Canberra

Put me down as a tentative at the moment, see how everything is going with parts in a month or so and confirm from there.

Stupid question, but will there be any additional mods required for those of us who have reversed the shifter (forward for down, back for up)?

Comment

• Pajero12
              • Dec 2015
              • Adelaide

Paddles on NW installed

I installed my paddles a week ago in my Paj. I saw the paddles in Twisted32's car and was very jealous.

I drive my car in sports mode all the time as I live on the flats in Adelaide and visit my parents in the hills frequently. I don't like the Paj's 'smart' gearbox 'learning' how I drive, because it changes so often, which means that it holds on to gears when I don't want it to and won't hold on when I do...

The paddles are awesome, I painted mine matt black (they come silver) so they fit in nicely with the column and surrounds.

I would have loved these when I was sand driving a few weeks back and found myself full-lock paddling down the South East of SA for swift, effortless and controlled gear shifting.

Note - being fixed to the column and not the steering wheel, if you were in a situation where you found yourself full-lock paddling for 3-4 minutes and needing to change gears, the paddles are stationery so you won't lose track of which is which.

Attached Files
              NW GL. DiD Auto with 265/75 St Maxx on 17" Alloys, Factory Steel bullbar
              MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Comment

• RUGGA
                Valued Member
                • Nov 2014
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by Pajero12 View Post
                Note - being fixed to the column and not the steering wheel, if you were in a situation where you found yourself full-lock paddling for 3-4 minutes and needing to change gears, the paddles are stationery so you won't lose track of which is which.

This is what I noted too. I think that is the beauty of this particular mod. I have a gen3, so it doesn't help me unfortunately, I am guessing . We still have the cruise control stalk in the way.

I wonder if this will still evoke the debate about which side the up/down shift side should be, just like it did with the sports mode up/down shift pattern/switch reversal mode as Troy711 is asking about?
                02 NM 3.2, Auto, Exceed, I/C and sump guards, L&B 2" lift, 265/75/16 OPAT2.

Comment

• Pajero12
                  • Dec 2015
                  • Adelaide

Originally posted by Troy711 View Post
                  Put me down as a tentative at the moment, see how everything is going with parts in a month or so and confirm from there.

Stupid question, but will there be any additional mods required for those of us who have reversed the shifter (forward for down, back for up)?
                  To change the factor shifting would be as simple as changing the wiring of the transmission and reversing it. You could make a plug and play patch lead for ease of installation. Maybe NJ SWB could do that for you as well

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
                  This is what I noted too. I think that is the beauty of this particular mod. I have a gen3, so it doesn't help me unfortunately, I am guessing . We still have the cruise control stalk in the way.

I wonder if this will still evoke the debate about which side the up/down shift side should be, just like it did with the sports mode up/down shift pattern/switch reversal mode as Troy711 is asking about?
                  My partner has a Mazda - the gearbox in that is nice so I use D as it's responsive. I have been caught out where I put the car in sports to down change and it goes in to a higher gear because it's opposite!
                  NW GL. DiD Auto with 265/75 St Maxx on 17" Alloys, Factory Steel bullbar
                  MODS: TJM Airtec Snorkel | Bilstein Shocks with King Springs | full bushskinz bash plates | LED Lightbar | Rhino Platform | GME XRS UHF platform mounted antenna w folding bracket | Kings Awning | Ultragauge | Dual Battery | Rear Storage System | Paddle Shift | M&M Lockup Mate

Comment

• RUGGA
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2014
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Pajero12 View Post

My partner has a Mazda - the gearbox in that is nice so I use D as it's responsive. I have been caught out where I put the car in sports to down change and it goes in to a higher gear because it's opposite!
                    Here is the thread I was talking about. https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...ad.php?t=38390

Comment

• nj swb
                      Resident
                      • Jun 2007
                      • Adelaide

Update:

I've ordered new paddle assemblies, some new steering column covers, and some new housings for the plug & play harness. They're coming from various sources, and I'm not sure when I'll see them - I'll be away with work & play for most of the rest of April, so it will now be May before I can ship anything.

I have a number of the three pin connectors that plug into the paddle assembly, but I still need to figure out the terminals to go in the 4 pin housings - I have some ideas, so I think it's only a matter of time.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• nj swb
                        Resident
                        • Jun 2007
                        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Troy711 View Post

Not a stupid question - it will depend on where you swapped the wires.

My adaptor harness plugs in at a four pole connector at the bottom of the centre console, forward of the shift levers. If you swapped wires on the ECU side of that connector, then the paddles will be reversed. If you swapped wires on the shift lever side of the connector, the paddles should stay "factory".

There are a few options for reversing the paddles i.e. which connector to swap wires. We'll cross that bridge if/when we come to it.

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
                        Dunno.

If I think about it, I'll try to look next time I'm skulking around the wreckers yard. Otherwise, once I have paddles, we could probably catch up somewhere and start pulling a few things apart.

Do you have a wiring diagram for your transmission? I can't imagine we'd be lucky enough that the Gen 3 has the same connector, but schematics and colour codes could help me identify the connectors in a wreck.

I'm also working on a solution for PB / PC Challenger - if we get lucky, it will be very simple, and cheaper than the Pajero kit.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Lando
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2013
                          • Lake Maquarie NSW

Sounds awesomo mate!! Keen
                          MY14 NW GLX-R

This thing goes freaking everywhere!!

Comment

• nj swb
                            Resident
                            • Jun 2007
                            • Adelaide

Update:

I've just returned from 11 days away (including some awesome 4wding & camping in the Vic High Country ) and found a card from Australia Post under my front door, advising I have 2 large boxes to collect. I'm guessing that's some sets of paddles.

Unfortunately, the card was left on the day I left home, asking me to collect within 5 days. Fingers crossed that the Post Office hasn't sent them back.

The bits I've ordered from Japan are also in transit, and I've received some tools that should help me resolve the issue with connectors. I'm hoping to be able to report some real progress this week.

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• RUGGA
                              Valued Member
                              • Nov 2014
                              • Adelaide

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
                              Dunno.

If I think about it, I'll try to look next time I'm skulking around the wreckers yard. Otherwise, once I have paddles, we could probably catch up somewhere and start pulling a few things apart.

Do you have a wiring diagram for your transmission? I can't imagine we'd be lucky enough that the Gen 3 has the same connector, but schematics and colour codes could help me identify the connectors in a wreck.
                              Sweet. Will do.

Comment

• vrx26
                                • Sep 2014
                                • Melbourne, Victoria

Hi guys just reading this post don't know if this will help pls see this website for paddle shifts for Outlanders.

This mob is quite good bought some parts from them for my Paj as well.
                                09 NT Pajero Exceed V6 (OEM Nudge bar, Bonnet Protectors+Headlight Protectors, Stedi light bar, IDrive throttle controller, Lifted with Dobinson IMS Suspension)
                                Bucket list: Bushkinz plates

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X