• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mk2grimace
    • Feb 2013
    • Benalla, Victoria

Front end click

Well we spent yesterday playing up around Mt Stirling/Buller and Craigs Hut, the NM was fantastic with the Goodyears but we found a little issue. In 4H and 4L when engine braking down hills i noticed a pronounced clicking from the front end. It was more pronounced in 4L mainly due to going slower and less rattles from the gear in the back. The noise stopped when accelerating. I suspect one of the CV's is not happy, they mob we bought it off had to fix a CV boot for the roady so i have a sneaking suspicion that CV may be lacking in grease and service life. So the question is, has anyone else had this issue? I'm most likely going to replace both front driveshafts and be done with it but just after some thoughts...
    2001 NM 2.8TD GLS Pajero, ARB bar, 9000lb Tmax winch, Airtec snorkel, GME UHF, breathers, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, rear storage, Ebay HID's, King EHD lift, LED lighting, dual battery kit, bushskinz intercooler/sump guards, narva +120 globes, tigerz awning, Exedy HD SMF clutch/flywheel kit, pinstriping aplenty...

To do list: Locker, sliders, transmission guard, blah blah blah....

Matched content

Collapse
Working...
X