• Show
Clear All
  • captain_paj
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2012
    • Logan QLD

Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
    That tank holds 65 liters of usable LPG
    Really? I must be underestimating (or underguesstimating) the size of that space the tank is in. 65L of LPG is what - 80 odd liters water capacity? That's the same size as my Paj tank (underlslung) - that's a pretty big space!
    1994 NJ GLS Auto, 3.0 LPG, 31s, HD springs, 50mm body lift, Firestone rear air bags

1993 NH GLS Manual, 3.0 LPG, 31s, Iron Man Torsion and Coils, Lovells Shocks, 30mm body lift, Manual Hubs, Extractors and god awful droning 2.5" exhaust

Comment

• captain_paj
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2012
      • Logan QLD

Originally posted by Ecca1 View Post
      Hi, im new to the 4wd game and look forward to doing lots of mods and mud holes. Im looking to put my Gen2 petrol on lpg, as i have done nearly all my previous. Just deciding on wether to shell out for the liquid efi -which needs the injector 'spuds' to be in the right place-, the vapour efi which is tried n true and cheaper, or go the budget mixer/closed loop controller and live with the mentioned hassles.
      The liquid injection won't give you any real benefits over the SVI. Yes it's cool, yes it doesn't have a reducer, yes I would love it, but would I pay the extra? Not a chance in hell.

I have SVI on my BA Falcon 6 and its nice. I have mixer ring system on the Paj (stepper motor mixture control, petrol injector simulator) and its shit.

I don't have any problems with backfiring or anything, but the fuel economy and power is bad. That being said the last tank of LPG I did 18.9L/100km which is the best I have done in the Paj...Worst is 24L/100km

If you put a mixer ring system with a balance tube in the intake, you will potentially have problems with a snorkel. Because of the positive air pressure produced by the snorkel, you can knock the balance between sides of the converter diaphragm for six.
      1994 NJ GLS Auto, 3.0 LPG, 31s, HD springs, 50mm body lift, Firestone rear air bags

1993 NH GLS Manual, 3.0 LPG, 31s, Iron Man Torsion and Coils, Lovells Shocks, 30mm body lift, Manual Hubs, Extractors and god awful droning 2.5" exhaust

Comment

• captain_paj
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2012
        • Logan QLD

Originally posted by Martynhpajero View Post
        Carbuyer are you talking about gas/petrol? My gen2 holds 73 liters of gas I think. If you allow 20 liters per hundred worst case that gives 365kms till empty. I`m getting about 17.5 liters per hundred at the moment from my NH three liter manual.
        Ooh - you have a BLOS mixer! What's it like? Are you happy with it? Do you thi you get better power than a standard mixer? Your mileage is better than mine, but not hugely so (going by my first tank of gas after getting my O2 sensor going again) considering I have an auto...

Comment

• Martynhpajero
          • Jan 2011
          • Mount Gambier

Originally posted by captain_paj View Post
          Ooh - you have a BLOS mixer! What's it like? Are you happy with it? Do you thi you get better power than a standard mixer? Your mileage is better than mine, but not hugely so (going by my first tank of gas after getting my O2 sensor going again) considering I have an auto...
          Yes mate very happy. Simple device. Cheap. More power. Better economy. If you check my posts I have photos and info on this site. cheers.
          NJ Exceed, Alloy bullbar, factory locker,ORU 9000lb winch, eBay snorkle,31" AT's
          NL GLS 2.8, PC Challenger auto for the wife.

Comment

• CarBuyer
            • Dec 2012
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by CarBuyer View Post
            I dunno what size the gas or petrol tanks are :-/ guess i'll find out when I fill them up

so... the plate didnt tell me what size the tank is but I found the model number, A86P. which according to APA web site is....

84 litres Water capacity
            67 LITRES LGP Capacity

thanks for all the

reference:- http://www.apamfg.com.au/Downloads/A...hart_07-09.pdf

Comment

• Lazarus
              Valued Member
              • Jan 2008
              • Melbourne, Western suburbs

As I said ...
              NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), Uniden UHF, ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank.

Comment

• Skexis
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2012
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by captain_paj View Post
                And my Paj is doing 26L/100km on the highway on petrol. Yes that's right. Since my dramas with the ECU and O2 sensor I'm chewing petrol. Gas same as normal - woeful, 20-24L/100km

Man I've got to convert to LPG injection...
                Jeez - that's shit. How do you put up with figures like that?
                "When strangers meet, great allowances should be made for differences of custom and training". The Lady Jessica - Wisdom of Arrakis

Comment

• captain_paj
                  Valued Member
                  • Jan 2012
                  • Logan QLD

Originally posted by Skexis View Post
                  Jeez - that's shit. How do you put up with figures like that?
                  Not bloody easily!

I retuned the LPG myself now I have a working O2 sensor (the LPG "ECU" controls the mixture via a stepper motor and feedback from the O2 sensor - very rudimentary system) and last tank I did 18.9l/100km on LPG mixed driving. I'm pretty pleased with that given its a heavy lumbering underpowered beast with an auto and an antiquated el cheapo LPG system.

I'm going to have to go through each sensor in turn and check its ranges to see if there is a problem. I'm thinking the coolant sensor is probably stuffed and the ECU thinks the engine is cold all the time, and running rich fuel trims to suit.

The LPG conversion was only done 14000km ago by previous owner (he paid $3600 for a MIXER system gawd!) and has reco heads with hardened valve seats put on at the same time. Funny - I replaced the spark plugs a few weeks ago and they looked like crap...

I hate my LPG system. When I get a bit of money together ill convert to SVI ($500 tops)

Comment

• Roy.kay
                    • Nov 2013
                    • Mornington peninsula melbourne

Cut tank

My tank was 55 later in nj
                    Regards roy

Comment

• peanut
                      • Nov 2007

I hate my LPG system. When I get a bit of money together ill convert to SVI ($500 tops)
                      Where did you get that price from? I have been quoted around $2500 to change mine from the shit venturi system to the vapour injected system. If it was only $500 I will do it for sure.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X