• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paj whisperer
    • May 2013
    • Ellenbrook

Rear Awning

Can anyone recommend a rear awning they have that has been tried and tested off road?

thanks in advance for any comments
    Adrian
    2010 NT GLS - Maxxis 980 Bravo A/T 275/65R17, ARB Bullbar&Tow Bar Pack, Rhino Rack Platform, Sunseeker II Awning, Milford Cargo Barrier, Sandgrabba Mats,TJM Airtec Snorkel, Dr Air Pro 150L/m, Oricom UHF280, 1100mm TREDS, SPVi EGR Module Mk3.1 Plug and Play, Scorpion Quad Diff Breather Kit, Bushskinz Under Body Protection, Runva 11XP, Red Arc Dual battery Setup, Donaldson Fuel Filter, Rear Cargo Drawers Custom made,Batman Lights
    Next Project: Rear Gull Wing windows
  • Stevo77
    • Jun 2012
    • Beaconsfield

Yeah, I recently bit the bullet and paid for an Oztrail unit for the rear of my Paj.
    Sorry I dont have a picture of it. I paid more for the smaller one that i did for the side awning, but its just great.
    One of these from Oztrail.

Its got a reflective coating on the top to reflect the heat as well. Costs more, but you have it for always, and it works. Well made too from a brand you know.
    I don't work for them but i kept putting it off and when I finally bit the bullet and I bought mine, once installed i did the old "I should have done this years ago."
    Out with the newer, and back to the old. Sold 2010 NT.
    New to me: 1995 NJ LWB 3LitreV6 Blue

Comment

• paj whisperer
      • May 2013
      • Ellenbrook

Thanks for your comments and the link.
      I expect to pay just as much or more than you would for a side awning being that it isn't a standard awning. After returning from being away on road for the last 7 weeks I've realised it would have been a perfect addition to the trip when cooking off the table I attached to the inside of the rear door
      Adrian
      2010 NT GLS - Maxxis 980 Bravo A/T 275/65R17, ARB Bullbar&Tow Bar Pack, Rhino Rack Platform, Sunseeker II Awning, Milford Cargo Barrier, Sandgrabba Mats,TJM Airtec Snorkel, Dr Air Pro 150L/m, Oricom UHF280, 1100mm TREDS, SPVi EGR Module Mk3.1 Plug and Play, Scorpion Quad Diff Breather Kit, Bushskinz Under Body Protection, Runva 11XP, Red Arc Dual battery Setup, Donaldson Fuel Filter, Rear Cargo Drawers Custom made,Batman Lights

Comment

• Les PK Ranger
        • Dec 2015
        • Adelaide

Any of the narrower commercial awnings should be fine.
        they are made in 1.2, 1.4, 1.6 wide.

Why not consider finding (or making) a Freds Arm ?
        These allow a side awning to be swung around to the back of the vehicle, perfect for noon cook ups on the tailgate.

Nowhere to go, all day to get there . . .

Comment

• barney351
          • Nov 2011
          • Sth East,Vic

Hows this one

Comment

• HarryStottle
            • Dec 2011
            • Yalata SA

I have an ARB 1.2m rear awning (and ARB 2.5m side) and is great.
            2012 NW Activ auto 3.2 Diesel, ARB Steel Bullbar, 50mm Raised OME, Polyairs, LED Spots, Light Bar, Warn winch, GME UHF, Baroud Tent, ARB Side & Rear Awnings, Engel 40ltr Fridge, drawers, dual battery, ARB Dual Compressor, Ultragauge, Munji ERG Delete Module, MM LockUp Mate.

Comment

• sharky
              Valued Member
              • May 2008
              • Kilmore

I have custom canvas one, sort of wedge shape lot wider as it comes out. Doesn't take up much room to store. Apollogies I don't have a pic of it on the paj. Definitely tried and tested. This approx. 10 years old and still as good as day had it made

----------------------------
              'Steve'
              2000 NL TD GLS

Comment

• sharkcaver
                "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                • May 2009
                • Perth

Wow, I like that Steve. I made one myself too, but its just square about 1.2 x 2.0. Sewn rope into the leading edge and fitted sail track to a rear bar:

The thing I don't like about a roll up, self enclosed rear awning is you have a bit of an air brake there if you have nothing else on the roof. A tray or basket would negate that.
                MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• razorback481
                  • Nov 2014
                  • Lewiston SA

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
                  Wow, I like that Steve. I made one myself too, but its just square about 1.2 x 2.0. Sewn rope into the leading edge and fitted sail track to a rear bar:

The thing I don't like about a roll up, self enclosed rear awning is you have a bit of an air brake there if you have nothing else on the roof. A tray or basket would negate that.
                  mate i like you light pole, where did you get that from ?

Comment

• sharkcaver
                    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
                    • May 2009
                    • Perth

Originally posted by razorback481 View Post
                    mate i like you light pole, where did you get that from ?
                    You sir are in luck:

Both Rays and anaconda sell them. Rays is about $20 cheaper for the same product.
                    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• paj whisperer
                      • May 2013
                      • Ellenbrook

Thanks guys for all suggestions.
                      Adrian

Comment

• gunsrunner
                        • May 2008
                        • Perth

Just got this one, $22 postage to Perth.

Should be perfect for our Gibb trip in 30days.
                        MY14 VRX 3.2D Auto|OL Premium post bar | Runva 11XP | Bushskinz Int/Sump | Rhino platform 42102B | 2.5x2.1 Oztrail | HD Parkside Hitch | Grande 17x8 | 697 A/T 265/65R17LT | Flexitank 140L | Primus 92L DZone | Rhino Luggage bag | Maxtrax | 10.1" tablet | Redarc SBI12, BCDC1240LV, TowPro | Century N70T | Fullriver DC105-12 | 120w Light bar | 7"HID 100w | CAT3 ERP | ARB CKMA12 | Alpine MRVT1000, MRVF540 | MBQuart DSC216 x 2 | Alpine SWR-1221 x2 | Enough cable, switches to run a city

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X