• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stumpi
    • Dec 2014
    • Point Cook

Retro fit heated seat kit

Hi all,

I'm running a 2013 NW with cloth interior and wonder if anyone has fitted a heated seat kit. I'm assuming it's not a difficult process. Just remove the seats, remove the covers, place the pads, refit the seats and wire up the switches.

Is there anything that could prove really awkward?

Thanks
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

Be careful of the airbags fitted in the seats if messing with them.

I recently saw some seat heaters advertised that sit on the seats like seat covers, but can't remember where I saw them - possibly one of the auto parts store catalogues?
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
      Valued Member
      • Nov 2000
      • Tasmania

yeah I did this when I had my seats redone in my NL. Love those heated seats on -7 mornings!
      NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
      NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• sajan
        • Nov 2012
        • Craigieburn

Originally posted by Stumpi View Post
        Hi all,

I'm running a 2013 NW with cloth interior and wonder if anyone has fitted a heated seat kit. I'm assuming it's not a difficult process. Just remove the seats, remove the covers, place the pads, refit the seats and wire up the switches.

Thanks

I have 2012 NW Paj which came with the cloth interior. I got all the cloth bits changed to leather and the front seats heated by Prestige Sunroof in Burwood. Very useful in winter.

Cheers,
        Sajan

Comment

• conquistador
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2012
          • sth east queensland

Originally posted by Stumpi View Post
          Hi all,

Thanks
          Firstly have you tried them out before. I don't rate them. Felt akin to some type of accident if you know what I mean. Secondly heated seats are typically "ass"ociated with leather we sure fabric seats won't end in third degree laughter at accident and emergency?

Comment

• Muzza
            Valued Member
            • Jul 2007
            • Nsw

Originally posted by conquistador View Post
            Firstly have you tried them out before. I don't rate them. Felt akin to some type of accident if you know what I mean. Secondly heated seats are typically "ass"ociated with leather we sure fabric seats won't end in third degree laughter at accident and emergency?
            My VRX only has leather bits on the sides, the rest is fabric of sorts , and they are heated
            Muzza
            2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
            2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
            2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

• vegabass
              • Mar 2015
              • Canberra

I sell / supply / fit seat heaters. Be careful of the airbags as mentioned. Although it is not a overly hard job but if you break any plastics that is when it becomes a pain in the bum.

Also I encourage wiring with add a circuits to ensure warranty is maintained.

Trying to put the trim back on with zip ties is a terrible idea just in case you are wondering.

I have some contractors in Melbourne if you would like us to do it for you.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X